Friendly word of advice to posters: This thread is to make recommendations for movies. Now, would you ever recommend a movie to someone and then give away the ending or a plot twist? I don't know if spoiling movies falls under a violation of rules or not. Either way, let's use some fucking common sense and try not to do that...

Carrying on:
"I want you to hit me as hard as you can."

The movie: Fight Club.
1999, Directed by David Fincher, the same guy who directed Se7en. He got his start working Visual Effects for Lucasfilms (Return of the Jedi, Indiana Jones and the Temple of Doom). This and 7 are his masterpieces IMO.

Starring: Edward Norton and Brad Pitt. Also features Meat Loaf as 'Bob'.

Analysis: If you've never seen this movie you should do the following:
1. Wash your hands. Use soap for once in your life.
2. Find an open, somewhat clean space.
3. Keeping your legs as straight as possible, put your hands on the ground.
4. Stay that way until someone kicks you in your ass. You fucking deserve it.
5. Go watch this movie.

Honestly, I know it sounds utterly cheesy, but this is one of those movies that "changed my life". No jokes. I saw this movie and it really got me thinking differently about life, my goals, the culture I live in, the deep shit. I believe every person should see this movie at least once, especially when they are young.

Also this movies has some really crazy shit in it. It's not just about fighting, that's just the surface. I quote this movie more often than any other. Excellent script, some stunning action and cinematography to die for. The dark humor and downright insane shit that goes on in some parts of this movie is unforgetable. This was also an awesome, and even more insane, book.

Warning: Link contains spoilers.
Fight Club