Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Krb; our great admin

Krb; our great admin

Originally posted by: Kraco
    Admins and mods should never apologise that kind of things to the public, nor make excuses, and especially not accuse each other of anything in public. In Private forums for mods/admins they should discuss rules and conventions.

Forums are not a democracy, and what happens, that happens. If the site owner is not happy, he can kick out any admins or mods. If he's happy, then everything's going as planned, no matter what the general public thinks.

This is my opinion, and the reason why I don't think this is such a big deal. (The other reason being the fact I haven't been here for that long a time, and probably hadn't too many posts in the deleted threads...)
    Just because the forum is not a democracy doesn't mean you shouldn't listen to the opinions of the masses. I don't know how the current admins feel about it, but in general I would try to keep the masses (the normal, non-stupid ones) happy. Its not really a forum if you piss everyone off so that they leave and your left with about 3 people posting. Then again, you could always rely on the influx of noobs that break the rules and generally don't contribute anything at all. If the people want blood, let them have blood! [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]
    Edit: I meant of course reasonable demands, not the outlandish ones that seem to get tossed around or the ones that defy the laws of fusetalk capabilities.

"Pudding can't fill the emptiness inside me! But it'll help."

Lasers? Cookies? FTW!
    (universally beloved
    moderator ex-emerita)

Krb; our great admin

I agree with Kraco. There are some things in which everyone should be involved, and there are some things which should be left to the administration. Things like what new anime series forums should be created for discussion are issues to which everyone can contribute, with a predictable outcome. Things like this situation need to be dealt with by the admins. They don't need all of us telling them, 'Oh it's so terrible that all those posts disappeared! We're all shocked and appalled, and we want something done about it!" I'm pretty sure they understand the situation. What outcome they choose is up to them to decide. And really, how much difference does it actually make? This is an anime forum, not the Bureau of Records. I'm sure life will go on, even without the picture thread.