Page 1 of 11 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: TV: Battlestar Galactica

TV: Battlestar Galactica

I never saw the original series of BSG... but this new series is HOT!!! its dark, gritty and you feel their pain... there is a two-hour miniseries (pilot) before season one if you guys wanna make up your minds. right now episode 11 of season two just aired (out of 20).. and season 3 (20 eps) have been greenlighted.

so things to look for : the Miniseries (awesome, special effects are nearly movie grade although the scenes where the ships launch seem like they are reused... but they stopped doing that now)
    first episode of the first season (its called 33)... INTENSE... like really really intense (i think even better than the miniseries)... then it goes down a little bit for a couple of eps, then picks up until the finale (season one is 11 eps)...

Season two is good throughout

just watch it!

Battlestar Galactica

Yeah it's an awesome series, much better than the original. I just wish it wasn't on fridays.

Battlestar Galactica

I have been watching this show from the start and love every min of it. So many great characters and great story.

Battlestar Galactica

What episode is it up to now? The only reason I'm still watching this is because of the actress Grace Park. I think she's a hottie.

Battlestar Galactica

I've been meaning to download it... I'll have to wait till i get home on summer, since i can't use torrents here.

Battlestar Galactica

Thats good for you then you can watch the mini plus two hole seasons.

Battlestar Galactica

This...show...is...ass.

I don't get the appeal. Every...single...episode is both A. mindnumbingly boring, and B. cripplingly depressing. Not even taking into account where the sit around talking for 20 minutes at a time sipping champagne, every single episode something awful happens and a shitload of people die. And they never recover from it. It's not like, oh, problem, and then we solve it. It's always, Oh, problem, well, we figured out what caused it at least, but its too late now, everyones already dead, or our water is gone or what the fuck ever.

Season two had like ONE episode that was both interesting, and, for once, had some good happen in it(the end of the Pegasus arc). And it was the first episode that didn't just make me want to go to bed.

Battlestar Galactica

Its sad that you dont get what this show is about. Well its not for everyone.

Battlestar Galactica

Originally posted by: DarthEnder
    This...show...is...ass.

I don't get the appeal. Every...single...episode is both A. mindnumbingly boring, and B. cripplingly depressing. Not even taking into account where the sit around talking for 20 minutes at a time sipping champagne, every single episode something awful happens and a shitload of people die. And they never recover from it. It's not like, oh, problem, and then we solve it. It's always, Oh, problem, well, we figured out what caused it at least, but its too late now, everyones already dead, or our water is gone or what the fuck ever.

Season two had like ONE episode that was both interesting, and, for once, had some good happen in it(the end of the Pegasus arc). And it was the first episode that didn't just make me want to go to bed.

usually, when I don't like something, I stop watching. season one was 13 eps, season 2 had 11 eps before the end of the pegasus arc and you watched all that?
    at any rate, i think its normal that a show about the destruction of the human race is depressing. this is closer to reality this way. i think.

Finally got around to start watching this, and I really like it. Much better than I expected. It has decent to good acting, which is very hard to find in TV Shows, that drama and story are pretty good too. The Cylons are very well done too, I was expecting some cheapass effects to animate them, but they look good. And not to say, the human-like Cylons are not bad to the eyes either. So far seen the mini series and the first 4 episodes of the first season. Hopefully I'll be caught up soon.

Heh, and i was just thinking of making a thread for this. never even knew one already existed.

Anyways, i also started watching a few days ago, and i've marathoned season 1 and 2, and im nearly halfway through season 3 now. I have to say this show is awesome on many, many levels. I delayed watching this show for so long cause i originally thought it was like star trek (and i cant stand star trek). But BSG is more drama then sci-fi, which is good. I like that even though its futuristic, its also very realistic. That is to say, there are no fancy laser guns, and ships with force shields and all that jazz.

Im sort of confused about the mythology used in the show. Its obviously greek influenced, but its supposed to be pre-earth or something. I guess they're trying to say that the greek culture /religion comes from the survivors who finally find earth.

Quote Originally Posted by Assassin
    But BSG is more drama then sci-fi, which is good. I like that even though its futuristic, its also very realistic. That is to say, there are no fancy laser guns, and ships with force shields and all that jazz.
    And thats why i don't dare to come near that show.

"Life is hilariously cruel" by Bender

if you want a show with lasers and force shields, watch Stargate SG1 and Stargate Atlantis

I think i watched every single episode of Stargate(both series)

"Life is hilariously cruel" by Bender

rofl. you're my new best friend

Alright, I'm finally done with season 3... I was waiting for dvdrips to come out. Man the final episode was great, especially with the music at the end, it really pumped me up.

So what do you think? You guys think that those 4, and maybe Starbuck, compose the final 5 Cylons?

Well season 4 is going to be the final season, and I think the last portion of the series is going to be shown in 2009 if not mistaken.

Starting in October 1, the Razor "minisodes" will start airing up until November 24, when the 2 part movie/mini-series airs, Razor.

The 4th season should start around February 2008.
    Last edited by Munsu; Mon, 09-17-2007 at 12:23 PM.

Razor miniso....wha?

whats the deal with this razor business? They're going to do another mini-series before season 4? will it be a separate thing, or is it gonna be like between season 3 and 4?

The minisodes, are 3 minute episodes that will be airing all through October till November 24. On November 24 there'll be a mini-series/movie kinda like the pilot called Razor.

Season 4 will start on February 2008, there's still no concrete new on wether there'll split the season and show the final episodes in 2009.

Next episode: Razor mini-sode series
    In this ten-part series, a young pilot named William Adama uncovers a Cylon weapon during the first Cylon War. Each episode will run about two to three minutes. Sci Fi Channel is calling them mini-sodes. They will air on the Sci Fi Channel in October and November 2007 as a prelude to the special two-hour event, Razor.
    For more info:
    http://imdb.com/title/tt0991178/
    http://www.tv.com/battlestar-galacti...ory/10190.html
    http://www.tv.com/battlestar-galacti...ory/10133.html
    http://www.tv.com/battlestar-galacti...ory/10088.html

*shield her eyes from previous posts to avoid being spoilered*

i just started watching this show recently. was never too interested in it before, but then space started airing it again from the very beginning, so i figured i'd catch it. it's fairly good. almost had to make myself watch it the first couple of episodes because it wasn't really holding my attention, but i enjoy it now. the second season just started a couple of weeks ago.

also, stargate = <3

First flashback episode (minisode) is out:
    http://www.scifi.com/battlestar/

It seems that the clip only works in certain areas, probably only in the USA. Hopefully youtube or something will have the episode later.

These episodes will air every Friday after Flash Gordon. Here's more info on Razor and on the flashback episodes:
    http://www.scifi.com/battlestar/razor/