Page 6 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 ... LastLast

Thread: The "I'm Going on Vacation" Thread

Quote Originally Posted by PSJ
    And sightseeing, well if you find anything cool to see give me a call.
    When visiting the Royal Palace in Stockholm, it's nice and polite to once "accidentally" step inside the area limited to one of the poor soldiers standing guard there. This will give the misfortunate fellow a very welcome break from standing still for hours, as he can take one step forward, and point at the line drawn on the ground.

Of course it would look highly dubious if you did this more than once, and you would probably be removed from the precinct.

And I'm not just saying this. I did it years ago, myself. I think the guard was highly pleased of the chance to flex his muscles a little. And I probably looked like a stupid finnjävel tourist anyway, so it was no problem for either of us...

Yeah, back from San Francisco now. It was a pretty cool trip, shame my friend is such a scaredy cat, couldn't do some things I wanted...

But I did get a one-day boyfriend who turned out to be a shoplifter and stole a Sigmund Freud action figure for me. Bizarre!

Glad to be home. California was getting to be too fucking hot.

無理してここまでやってきて これからもすっと同じだろう
    それでも何かを信じたい 心の奥の声

Goin back to Manila...in about 8 days, so its gonna be fun!!

Leaving for Tokyo in a few hours time. Will post pics when I return!

Edit: Currently in Ikebukuro, Tokyo. Will be visiting Akihabara and Asakusa tommorow, but gonna crash soon from all the walking these 2 days.
    Last edited by Psyke; Sat, 07-29-2006 at 09:56 AM.
    "Our hearts are full of memories but not all of them reflect the truth. The heart isn't a recording device. Even important memories change with time. They warp or fade, leaving us with but a shadow of what we hoped to remember." 天の道を行き、全てを司る。これは僕の世界。

Right now in the middle of a freaking storm in St. Maarten in my friend's boat. Hopefully it'll be a shitty one, currently 60 mph sustained winds. Last Friday was fucked up. A 13 hour trip between the canal of Virgin Gorda and St. Bartz. Waves between 10-13 feet the whole trip, and fucking strong winds. We lost our dingy, and a friend of mine fell overboard. Keep in mind that we began our trip at 11 pm and my friend fell like at 2 am, we couldn't see shit. Luckly we found him. Anyways, amazing trip... I should be back home in a couple of days.

Good thing you were able to enjoy the trip despite the storm. As a matter of fact, I hope to see a good, harsh lightning storm every summer. Unfortunately I wasn't able to meet one this summer.

Good to have you back. Gotwoot just isn't the same without you posting the threads for new series (no matter if you watch them yourself or not...).

Woah sounds like a pretty rough ride.
    Hope you get back in one piece alright, Bud.

Alright, finally back... Got a shitload of crap to download which will be a pain in the ass.

Quote Originally Posted by Budweineken
    Alright, finally back... Got a shitload of crap to download which will be a pain in the ass.
    Welcome back! The General Anime section was pretty quiet without you ^^ Well, at least, I'll be looking forward to your updates in various threads again

WD, was it this Sigmund Freud Action figure?

I have the Jesus action figure from that series. I got it at the Andy Warhol Museum.
    "Samsonlonghair - The Defender of the Oppressed And Shunned!" -Kraco

I also have the Jesus figure from that series! I bought it for my mom for her last birthday. She's somewhat religious. </unnecessary info>

Awesome user with default custom title darkmetal505's Avatar
    I'm going to Maryland for a week. I might visit the capitol and such.

If you go to DC see the museums in the day time, but go monument hopping at night. The monuments never really close because they're outdoors; only the giftshops close. During the daytime, the summer heat and the crowds can make it unpleasant, but at night you can walk right up to Abraham Lincoln. There are no crowds at night, even at The Wall. Plus I think that most of the monuments look better at night.

Hey Terra, My Jesus action figure is on my desk at work right next to the "Buddy Christ" figure from Dogma.
    "Samsonlonghair - The Defender of the Oppressed And Shunned!" -Kraco

I can definitely agree with seeing the monuments at night. Almost no one is around after dark, even the Lincoln Memorial. Personally, I think it's better to go to The Wall during the day. More contrast I guess, and it's nice to have the crowds there.

Anyhow, I'm off to the pacific nw for a week, north of Seattle, but still in the States.

I'm going on a 7 day cruise to bermuda with my friends tomorrow.

LaZie made this...a long time ago.

"It was a very depressing time in my life, since I had no money I was unable to screw the rules" -Kaiba

Quote Originally Posted by Chaoskiddo
    I'm going on a 7 day cruise to bermuda with my friends tomorrow.
    Take care when you enter the Bermuda Triangle... Have a nice cruise!

I am back from Vegas, and I must say it was good. I was busy as hell didn't get much sleep but boy was it fun.

The best part of the trip was spending time with my 10 year old niece, she is just so damn cute.

This time i went to vegas on business so i didn't get to do anything like partying till i drop, but I am going to go back in october for my niece's birthday and have some fun inbetween.

Oh there are alot of hot women in vegas. But it is confirmed that i am not going to move there. There is not much grass nor is there much rain. The air is very dry and that is really a pain.

But for vacationing, it is one of the best spots to go.

well this is my entry. Oh!!!!!!!!! yea...
    ___
    ---------------------------- "THE DROPOUT CREW"--------------------------------
    ________Deblas, IfingHateTonTon, RyougaZell, dragonrage.________

________ we may fuck up alot but we always pull thru.

What a coincidence, thats where I'm going for vacation to dragonrage! Well, not only Vegas, but also San Fran (to see one of my relatives) and LA as well. I can't wait, I always wanted to check out Vegas!

I'll see you all in a week!
    This fantastic Sousuke sig was made by the one and only Lucifus! Thanks man!

enjoy man, have fun, I know I did.
    ___
    ---------------------------- "THE DROPOUT CREW"--------------------------------
    ________Deblas, IfingHateTonTon, RyougaZell, dragonrage.________

________ we may fuck up alot but we always pull thru.

Back from Cali and I had such a great time! I could seriously see myself moving there someday...

LA was probably my favorite part of the trip. We went to Universal Studios, took a tour of LA, and then took a tour of some movie stars homes. Its so awesome at night in LA since thats when all the action really begins.

Vegas was cool too, we stayed at the Bellagio which was really nice. Too bad I couldn't do any gambling there. =/ Oh well, only 2 more years to go...
    This fantastic Sousuke sig was made by the one and only Lucifus! Thanks man!