Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: TV: Arrested Development

TV: Arrested Development

The first season is already out on DVD, and season two will be released next month. If you don't intend to spend money, you can just download both seasons off of bittorrent. Season 3 premieres on FOX September 19th.

Official Site

Bittorrent Sites:
    www.torrentreactor.net
    www.isohunt.com

Arrested Development

This show is absolutely fucking hilarious. The racism on this show is also awesome.
    www.rolleyes.net/

Financial aspect of my life is revealed.

Awesome user with default custom title Jman's Avatar

Arrested Development

it's pretty funny. anyone else caught the marathon on fox that ran earlier tonight?
    had quite a few laughs. my fav had to be buster losing his hand to a seal.

Formerly known as 'Animemaster'

Awesome user with default custom title XanBcoo's Avatar

Arrested Development

I saw another marathon they had a couple of weeks ago.
    That's the only time I've see this show. It's ok. pretty funny.

<@Terra> he told me this, "man actually meeting terra is so fucking big", and he started crying. Then he bought me hot dogs

Arrested Development

I was so glad when they decided to stick with the show.

It is definately my favorite comedy series.

Benevolent Dictator
    Blog Entries

Arrested Development

I felt that the first season was WAY better than the second. It felt like a storyline that was just at the edge of possible. The second season felt like one big gordian knot, tangling itself up so tightly that it couldn't be unravelled short of half a season of deus ex machina.

Which isn't to say it wasn't worth watching. But it wasn't as good as first season.

Arrested Development

Originally posted by: complich8
    It felt like a storyline that was just at the edge of possible. The second season felt like one big gordian knot, tangling itself up so tightly that it couldn't be unravelled short of half a season of deus ex machina.
    what the hell does "edge" mean
    www.rolleyes.net/

Financial aspect of my life is revealed.

Benevolent Dictator
    Blog Entries

Arrested Development

meaning it could maybe, possibly, given a million rolls of the dice, happen in the real world. The second season felt completely absurd and implausible. The first season felt almost plausible (though still absurd).

Arrested Development

This is my favorite show, hands down. It's one of those shows that has me cracking up throughout the majority of the episode that I can't breathe.

Sadly, FOX is beating the show around... Starting it out on a bad time slot, then constantly changing it's time slot, which even continues to this day. If you have the chance, check out the first two seasons (Out of DVD now) and watch some of the current one, if you haven't already. It takes a few episodes for it to click (some jokes are on going or are set up many episodes ahead of time.)

If you're a fan of the series, talk about your favorite momments and lines. There's just so many @.@

Probably one of my favorites was one in the first few episodes:

Michael: I burned it. Down to the ground.
    George Sr.: There was money in that banana stand.
    Michael: Well, it's all gone now.
    George Sr.: There was $250,000 lining the inside walls of the banana stand.
    Michael: What?
    George Sr.: Cash, Michael. What the hell did you think I meant when I said...There is money& in& the banana stand!

And let's not forget the Bluth motto: "I've made a huge mistake..."

Jounin

Arrested Development

hahaha yes this is an awesome show. It's definitly on my top 10 list. I love how all in this family is so egotistic and greedy and Michael is the total opposite. And the father is probably the funniest of them all.

And also Lindsay is hot.

http://www.tvline.com/2011/10/arrest...turning-to-tv/

There you go, more rumors of the series maybe returning for one more season, leading up to a movie. Please make it happen someone for the love of God!

Awesome user with default custom title UChessmaster's Avatar
    If AD comes back i`d be as happy as a high school cheerleader that just got chosen as the prom queen.
    You cannot hope to build a better world without improving the individuals. To that end each of us must work for his own improvement, and at the same time share a general responsibility for all humanity, our particular duty being to aid those to whom we think we can be most useful. -Marie Curie

I hope this isn't a trick.

Oops, I mean an illusion.

A trick is something a whore does for money.

Edit: But seriously though I'm so excited I could scream.

<@Terra> he told me this, "man actually meeting terra is so fucking big", and he started crying. Then he bought me hot dogs

Hate to be the rain on the wedding day, but it's what I do... I wonder at this point if a reunion would be a good idea.

I think Will Arnett has lost some luster with his failed sitcoms and Michael Cera has gotten a little too old to portray George Michael with the same innocence and vulnerability that I loved the character for.

While I loved the show, some things are better left to memory and not rehashed, potentially tarnishing the legacy of something great.

For God will not permit that we shall know what is to come... those who by some sorcery or by some dream might come to pierce the veil that lies so darkly over all that is before them may serve by just that vision to cause that God should wrench the world from its heading and set it upon another course altogether and then where stands the sorcerer? Where the dreamer and his dream?

Quote Originally Posted by Animeniax View Post
    Hate to be the rain on the wedding day, but it's what I do... I wonder at this point if a reunion would be a good idea.

I think Will Arnett has lost some luster with his failed sitcoms and Michael Cera has gotten a little too old to portray George Michael with the same innocence and vulnerability that I loved the character for.

While I loved the show, some things are better left to memory and not rehashed, potentially tarnishing the legacy of something great.
    Will Arnett is fine, he's just have some really shitty roles. He's been awesome in his guest spots in 30 Rock for one.

Michael Cera still looks like the same little shit he was back then, no problems there.

I think the humour of Arnett's schtick has worn off. He'll soon be a former co-star of another crappy comedy, "Up All Night", about parents with a newborn baby. I'm not happy with the decline of his career, but that's Hollywood for you.

Michael Cera has become more assertive in his recent roles, and now looks like the goofy nerd from class, not the innocent doofus that was George Michael.

I hope they prove me wrong and the reunion season and movie are gut-busters.

For God will not permit that we shall know what is to come... those who by some sorcery or by some dream might come to pierce the veil that lies so darkly over all that is before them may serve by just that vision to cause that God should wrench the world from its heading and set it upon another course altogether and then where stands the sorcerer? Where the dreamer and his dream?

Quote Originally Posted by Animeniax View Post
    I think the humour of Arnett's schtick has worn off. He'll soon be a former co-star of another crappy comedy, "Up All Night", about parents with a newborn baby. I'm not happy with the decline of his career, but that's Hollywood for you.

Michael Cera has become more assertive in his recent roles, and now looks like the goofy nerd from class, not the innocent doofus that was George Michael.

I hope they prove me wrong and the reunion season and movie are gut-busters.
    Will Arnett is fine:

And the episodes are said to cover each family member after the gap. We're not going to get the exact same characters because they have grown up.

Didn't really feel the humour in that clip.

With the characters grown up, it will depend on the story to see if it was a good idea to make another season/movie. Let's hope they get a good writing team.

Looks like it'll be returning through Netflix:
    http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/ente...velopment.html

It's quite a coup for Netflix but I don't think I like the idea of having to subscribe to watch it. They should air it on broadcast TV like it deserves.