Thread: Bloodrayne

Bloodrayne

So I went to the red-carpet premiere to bloodrayne last night...
    The good news was that I got to see it for free, along with a bunch of other VIP and famous-types.
    The bad news was that the movie wasn't all that good.

The effects were good, the fight scenes were interesting...there were even a decent amount of nude scenes (although rayne's sex scene seemed totally forced and obligatory).
    However...I didn't really detect many elements of a plot....at all. It was more like a sequence of events...that just sorta happen in seemingly contrived or conveniently action-packed ways.

A friend of mine that saw the movie had frequently criticized the dialogue as well. Despite the bad acting of the main actress during any torture-related scene, apparently most of the characters change their accents between scenes as well.

I'm sure the movie wouldve meant more if I played the games first though.
    10/4/04 - 8/20/07

Bloodrayne

Yeah, I have seen the previews of this movie, and it does look really low budget. Like when I first saw it, I was like cool another Sci-Fi movie, then it said Bloodrayne at the end......
    No one but the enemy will ever teach you how to destroy and conquer. Only the enemy shows you where you are weak. Only the enemy tells you when he is strong. And the rules of the game are what you can do to him and what you can stop him from doing to you. I am your enemy from now on. From now on, I am your teacher."
    -Mazer Rackham