Thread: The Bitching Thread

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Family Friendly Mascot Buffalobiian's Avatar
    During a conversation with my internet company's techie I had to explain to him the difference between a router and a modem.

In separate email, I almost called them retards instead of finishing my email with "Regards, ".

The words are surprisingly similar, and I didn't even have autocorrect to blame for that one.

If it's not Isuzu-chan Mii~

Quote Originally Posted by Buffalobiian View Post
    During a conversation with my internet company's techie I had to explain to him the difference between a router and a modem.
    Typically they give you one device containing both. I only have a separate dummy cable modem because I told the ISP I'll rather keep it than redundantly have two routers. I have my own separate router, which I can actually administer fully, knowing some ISP dumbo technician won't tamper with it randomly over the net (although I didn't tell them this last part aloud). But who knows, of late I haven't been able to watch TV without the modem/computer side degrading the signal. I switched the splitter at the ISP's office, but it made no difference. Maybe the old modem is nearly finished.