Page 147 of 254 FirstFirst ... 4797137143144145146147148149150151157197247 ... LastLast
Results 2,921 to 2,940 of 5064

Thread: The Bitching Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Buffalobiian
    You feel comfortable wearing joggers inside the house?
    Joggers = jogging (track) pants. I've never heard people call sneaker shoes "joggers".

EDIT: And I never wear my shoes inside my house or anyone else's for that matter.

Family Friendly Mascot Buffalobiian's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by fahoumh
    Joggers = jogging (track) pants. I've never heard people call sneaker shoes "joggers".

EDIT: And I never wear my shoes inside my house or anyone else's for that matter.
    I've always used "joggers" and "sneakers" interchangeably. I haven't confused anyone yet, but I'll ask some friends in case they're just too nice to correct me .

If it's not Isuzu-chan Mii~

According to the Urban Dictionary you're right. I've always heard the term used for jogging/track pants but it could just be a local thing.

My ears are ringing. It's driving me nuts.
    "Samsonlonghair - The Defender of the Oppressed And Shunned!" -Kraco

I has an ouchie.
    It's really windy here today in Silicon Valley. I was riding to work. Going 25 (according to Garmin). A gust lifted up my front end. Seriously, I got lift, and turned my front wheel a little. When my wheel touched the ground the fork snapped in half, broke. I tore up my arms something fierce. My heart rate monitor chest band is scraped out of commission (thank god I was wearing it and my chest is ok.) My fork snapped in half. My front wheel had a few spokes pull out of the hub. So I need a new wheel and fork. I've got some road rash and maybe micro tears in the muscles in my shoulders. All things considered, I'm alright.
    It was an unpleasant experience, accentuated by the fact I've been waiting for a month to get my steer tube cut, which I finally got this morning. My poor, poor bike. She's only got some 500 miles. RIP(es) fork.
    When man invented the bicycle he reached the peak of his attainments. Here was a machine of precision and balance for the convenience of man. And (unlike subsequent inventions for man's convenience) the more he used it, the fitter his body became. Here, for once, was a product of man's brain that was entirely beneficial to those who used it, and of no harm or irritation to others. Progress should have stopped when man invented the bicycle. ~Elizabeth West, Hovel in theHills

Family Friendly Mascot Buffalobiian's Avatar
    Man that's gotta suck.

Good to hear at least you're not out scraped out of commission. Get it patched up and hit the road again!

If it's not Isuzu-chan Mii~

What material is your front fork made of? Carbon fiber or aluminum or something else? That sucks man. Didn't you just recover from a bad accident?

For God will not permit that we shall know what is to come... those who by some sorcery or by some dream might come to pierce the veil that lies so darkly over all that is before them may serve by just that vision to cause that God should wrench the world from its heading and set it upon another course altogether and then where stands the sorcerer? Where the dreamer and his dream?

um...Actually, if you can figure out for me how to fix a fork I'll give it a shot.
    I'm SO lucky I didn't re-fracture my (currently still) shattered fibula. I'm also very greatfull to still have a chest and not just a red spot over my ribs. My arms are messed up really bad. I almost can't drive.

The zipper broke in half when I went down. =( It's the one thing I can't replace.

Quote Originally Posted by Animeniax
    What material is your front fork made of? Carbon fiber or aluminum or something else? That sucks man. Didn't you just recover from a bad accident?
    I'm on my way to recovery.... Fibula still broken. Doc made me promise not to crash.
    Stupid freak accident. Carbon Fiber fork, though I fully believe this would have ruined any fork. Steel would have bent really far, Al would have bent a bit and cracked and CF just snapped. I've got a good 20K+ miles on carbon forks and can't hold anything against them, this was a freak accident.

Last edited by Kraco; Wed, 10-28-2009 at 01:42 AM. Reason: Triple post.
    When man invented the bicycle he reached the peak of his attainments. Here was a machine of precision and balance for the convenience of man. And (unlike subsequent inventions for man's convenience) the more he used it, the fitter his body became. Here, for once, was a product of man's brain that was entirely beneficial to those who used it, and of no harm or irritation to others. Progress should have stopped when man invented the bicycle. ~Elizabeth West, Hovel in theHills

Quote Originally Posted by Cal_kashi
    um...Actually, if you can figure out for me how to fix a fork I'll give it a shot.
    You can't repair load-bearing carbon fiber. Boat hulls, surfboards, car hoods, all repairable to an extent.

But it is impossible to fix that fork in any way where you can use it again. There is no way to reweave the load bearing fibers so that they could take tension/compression.

Quote Originally Posted by Ryllharu
    You can't repair load-bearing carbon fiber. Boat hulls, surfboards, car hoods, all repairable to an extent.

But it is impossible to fix that fork in any way where you can use it again. There is no way to reweave the load bearing fibers so that they could take tension/compression.
    I was thinking of jamming a good stick in there, maybe maple, and duct taping it together... you think not so much?

I see no reason that can't handle 50+ mph stresses.

Do you have a warranty on the frame? A number of carbon fiber bike frames have them (so long as you're the original owner).

Jokes aside, trying to use a repaired carbon fiber frame is a great way to seriously hurt yourself.

Quote Originally Posted by Ryllharu
    Do you have a warranty on the frame? A number of carbon fiber bike frames have them (so long as you're the original owner).
    I've had the frame for about 500 miles. Got a new frame in May the day before I shattered my leg. Finally started riding it recently. I even finally got the steer tube cut today. Shop has been to busy for weeks. Cannondale should replace it, though they may try to recover their costs. If they try that I'm going to claim I think there is a problem with the forks. I've seen forum posts of this fork breaking like this. I figure at worst I'll pay some $3-400. Hopefully nothing. *sniffle* poor frame, I hardly new thee.

No kidding, I won't even ride a frame that's scored past the clear coat. I go WAY too fast to take those risks. Appreciate the advice though, in case I WAS that dumb. =P
    Wouldn't it be funny to see though? A broken fork with sticks jammed in it with tape all around it?

Hah, I was really hoping you weren't that dumb. Sorry, I've been at work for 28 hours out of the last 48. My sarcasm detector isn't exactly functioning properly anymore.

<bitch>
    Doing crisis work, that isn't part of my job, but because I sit in the same cube as the people whose job it is and we have the same supervisor, we get the pleasure of doing most of the work. Hell, those guys shouldn't even be doing it.
    </bitch>

Hang in there, and spend some time plotting how to ruin the people who are causing you problems. Shouldn't be hard in this economy. If it makes you feel better, I have 2 jobs. I'm in two groups, validation and verification. Both expect 30-40 hours per week. I have long work days... sigh.

A cable just broke on the Bay Bridge.
    http://cbs5.com/local/bay.bridge.cable.2.1274773.html
    I told ya'll it was windy
    Last edited by Kraco; Wed, 10-28-2009 at 01:45 AM. Reason: Double post.

Seeing those pictures my steel bike doesn't anymore feel quite as heavy as before...

Go give your bike a hug =D. I know I did yesterday; but not tonight. We're fighting and bitch is sleeping on a hook in the garage where she can sit in the dark and think about what she's done.

My bike's shifters are kaput. They are Shimano DXs on a Specialized mountain bike. From what I'm reading, these type of "quick shifters" fail a lot and are impossible to repair. Replacing them might be $100 or more. Currently I'm stuck with maybe 3 gears.

With speeds and declines like you'll find in the Bay Area, maybe you should consider wearing riding leathers when you go biking, Cal_kashi?

For God will not permit that we shall know what is to come... those who by some sorcery or by some dream might come to pierce the veil that lies so darkly over all that is before them may serve by just that vision to cause that God should wrench the world from its heading and set it upon another course altogether and then where stands the sorcerer? Where the dreamer and his dream?

what the hell was I thinking?
    "Oh, sure, I've nearly failed math at highschool, and I had to take the lowest level exam.. But I bet university level is going to be a whole lot easier.."
    I'm probably the greatest idiot in the entire campus.
    and it's not like i have any spare time, I get up at 06:00 and return at 17:00, (an hour commute each direction), and for the first two hours of the day, I feel like my legs are made of jellow (I'm going to have nightmares about my legs snapping like those bikes.. spooky).

I'm such a big jerk, and it's proably to late for me to change course (I don't even know if I should try).

sig made by Itachi-y2k5, thanks, dude!
    Currently Watching: probably a show directed at 9 years old girls, lets be honest.

You know the important distinction between Batman and me? Batman is fictional. In real life, there isn't always an alternative.

Quote Originally Posted by Death BOO Z
    I'm such a big jerk, and it's proably to late for me to change course (I don't even know if I should try).
    If they won't let you drop it then i suggest to just try and find out of the school offer any sort of tutoring for that course/subject.

Math is one of those things that require a lot of repetition, and I've had my fair share of difficulties with Calculus. I found it to be a lot easier once i started going over the materials for a short amount of time everyday and try to do a question or two on my own.

You guys have fancy bikes. I can't imagine paying more than a hundred dollars for a part of a bike. To me a bicycle is supposed to be a cost-cutting instrument: a cheaper mode of transportation. Bicycling is a lot of fun too, but I've never been one to spend much money on fun.

My bicycle is a Frankenstein contraption made of parts from four different yard sale bicycles. I have a flashlight electrical-taped to the handlebars for a headlamp, my back brakes barely work, and my front brakes don't work at all. God, I love my bike.
    "Samsonlonghair - The Defender of the Oppressed And Shunned!" -Kraco