Page 55 of 253 FirstFirst ... 54551525354555657585965105155 ... LastLast
Results 1,081 to 1,100 of 5056

Thread: The Bitching Thread

Quote Originally Posted by bbaucom
    brought from the support section to the bitching section... i now am blaming myself for having firefox set to download and install updates automatically. Version 2.0.0.5 updated... and then the next time i went to get on the computer, it doesn't work. I can't get on a web page. I have wasted about an hour all together messing with settings, following to a T the procedures listed on the mozilla forums to correct the problem but it does not work. i have un installed and re installed and even copied an old firefox dir from another computer to this one and it still doesnt work... This is total fucking bullshit
    updates are meant to improve, not to cripple something. I'm so pissed that i am forced to use ie, its a shitty browser and i fucking hate it. rant rant rant rant rant, i willl now end it

same crap happened to me <_<

@Animeniax: I'm not sure how you see Geek Squad as conceptually ridiculous. Maybe using the service is foolish, but since plenty of people are a) foolish b) lazy or c) lfoolish and lazy, offering services that people with no computer experience whatsoever would find daunting and charging a very high price for them seems like a damn good way to make money.

I'm lazy. If I paid you $50, would you wipe my ass for me?

There you go.

If you start a company that later gets partnered into Best Buy, I think you did something right.
    10/4/04 - 8/20/07

I got 6 people living in a 1 bedroom apartment. I don't think I need to say anymore.

EDIT: Oh yeah, the cable got cut off around 1AM last night.
    Last edited by SK; Thu, 07-26-2007 at 03:29 PM.

Awesome user with default custom title itadakimasu's Avatar
    if you have 6 people living in an apartment... i dont see why you would be having any utilities cut off... unless they are unable to work for some reason.

well... or if you're living in some outrageously priced area. around here most apartments are between 500-1000 excluding the really swanky ones that are many times more

Benevolent Dictator
    Blog Entries
    I'm about 70% done loading a moving van, getting ready to drive somewhere in the neighborhood of 600 miles.

It's precisely the wrong weather to be loading a truck. It's like ... insanely humid.

For bonus points, because I'm moving at the end of July, from the town of a major university in which most landlords do august to july leases, I had to get my larger-than-desired uhaul truck from a place that was a solid 40 minute drive away.

if you have 6 people living in an apartment... i dont see why you would be having any utilities cut off... unless they are unable to work for some reason.
    Use your imagination.

well... or if you're living in some outrageously priced area. around here most apartments are between 500-1000 excluding the really swanky ones that are many times more
    I live in a housing project. Its cheap.

Ok so liiieeekk.............

My friend hadn't paid the cell phone bill, so now I can't make calls to people. We're on a family plan. This isn't the first time its happened, and I'm really getting tired of him being so unreliable. I plan to get off his plan, but it kinda goes like this....

He's paying my share of the phone bill; I'm paying for the monthly parking for his car that he left here. (He used to be my roommate, now he lives in NY.)

So, I can get on my own plan
    1) ....once I sell his car so I can stop paying for his spot
    2) ....once he transfers the title over to me
    3) ....once I send the title over to him to transfer it
    4) ....once I get the keys to his car from him so I can go get the title out of it
    5) ....once he gets the keys from the manufacturer, since he apparently lost them

His car's been sitting in his space since last December........
    Right now I'm contemplating plan B, which is to cancel his spot, let them tow it away, and then have him deal with an outrageous fine and/or court order.

He's screwed me over in many other ways moreso than just a late phone bill too...
    so unreliable...
    10/4/04 - 8/20/07

Awesome user with default custom title The Heretic Azazel's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by complich8
    I'm about 70% done loading a moving van, getting ready to drive somewhere in the neighborhood of 600 miles.

It's precisely the wrong weather to be loading a truck. It's like ... insanely humid.

For bonus points, because I'm moving at the end of July, from the town of a major university in which most landlords do august to july leases, I had to get my larger-than-desired uhaul truck from a place that was a solid 40 minute drive away.
    Yeah I enjoyed moving two mattresses, 2 very small dressers and a tv in a fucking 24 foot Uhaul. You know they have smaller means of transport, greedy assholes.
    "They call it 'The American Dream' because you have to be asleep to believe it" - George Carlin

Awesome user with default custom title itadakimasu's Avatar
    AssertnFailure : i'm guessing its a newer or nice car if you can get the keys from the manufacturer...

anyhow, my current bitch...

i've been spending way too much money.. so i mailed out my insurance payment which was unusually high because i'd had to add another car to it while my new car was being repaired... it is due tomorrow and then my car payment is not due until the third of august.

I mailed both of them out a couple days ago and this morning has the wonderful realization that i dont have enough money in my bank account to cover them both so i immediately checked my balance and the car payment (257) had already posted... but isn't due until next week and then the insurance (190) is due tomorrow and hadn't posted.

so i rushed from work to this bank which took me 5 minutes to find because there was a no name bank, a chase, a waikovia, and a bank of america at that intersection omfg i had to call and find where they were.

then i couldn't rememmber the pin to my savings debit card because i dont touch that account.. and it wouldn't take my capitol one card in the atm GRRRR so then got it all taken care of inside.

then, i get lost going toward downtown dallas and ended up being 30 minutes late to work.

i thought i was getting paid this week but apparantly im not getting paid until next week and most of that money is already spent grrrrrrrrrrrr im not very happy right now.

I was biking home from school today and took a slightly different route because I went to a classmate's dorm first to work on a project. To get from the "dorm area" to the sidewalk, I had to go down a little grass hill. This hill was tiny - maybe 3 m long and not very steep. I went down really slowly because there might have been water at the bottom, since it rained while I was inside. As soon as I reached the bottom of the hill.......................
    .......My bike did a somersault. There was a ditch at the bottom of the hill but I didn't see it because there was a lot of thick grass covering it. I didn't get hurt or anything, but it was not a fun experience. Now I know what it feels like to have your bike flip over. Literally.

Damn, hope you're ok BoC. Your noodle seems ok at least.

My rant is: two nights ago two sand-flies went to town on my body and feasted on my noble blood. I have welts all over my arms, neck, and legs that will soon crust over and then ooze pus for a few days. To top it off, it's 120F outside, and the heat makes the bites even more painful, plus the sweat makes everything itchy and it really sucks. I can't wait to get back to the states where the only things trying to kill you are other people.

For God will not permit that we shall know what is to come... those who by some sorcery or by some dream might come to pierce the veil that lies so darkly over all that is before them may serve by just that vision to cause that God should wrench the world from its heading and set it upon another course altogether and then where stands the sorcerer? Where the dreamer and his dream?

Just don't let the scratching fingers run loose. Sand flies can leave scars which take months to heal. I've got friends who still got scars left from survival training a long time ago.

As for BoC, such incidents usually leave bad memories, and I'm sure you'll be much more careful in the future. I had some accidents with roller blades years before, and now I can't imagine risking injuries for some dumb stunts.
    "Our hearts are full of memories but not all of them reflect the truth. The heart isn't a recording device. Even important memories change with time. They warp or fade, leaving us with but a shadow of what we hoped to remember." 天の道を行き、全てを司る。これは僕の世界。

Yeah I still have scars from sand fly bites from last year. I like to scratch around the center and avoid the middle, feels good without bursting the pocket. You didn't have trouble with the little bastards? You must not have noble blood like mine (just kidding).

For God will not permit that we shall know what is to come... those who by some sorcery or by some dream might come to pierce the veil that lies so darkly over all that is before them may serve by just that vision to cause that God should wrench the world from its heading and set it upon another course altogether and then where stands the sorcerer? Where the dreamer and his dream?

I got fired.

Well that could be a good thing or a bad thing, depending on your circumstances. You hated that job anyway, right?

My bitch: my sand fly attacks have entered stage two. The bites are now crusting and some have started excreting, so I put bandages over them, but it looks weird because I have a bunch of bandages on my arms and hands. I also caught two more of those bastards in my room and killed them, but another one got away and I fear it's appetite tonight.

Animeniax where are you?

If you're somewhere in Asia, you can get really useful remedies for bites. I remember I went back to Taiwan last year and I was staying in my Aunt's house and just as luck would have it there was one fly there buzzing around, and whenever I went to sleep I woke up with about 10 bites in the most uncomfortable positions (on my foot, hands, palms, even one on the ear...). Those motherfuckers itched like crazy but I just went to the local drugstore and got some green oil or something and put it on them and they stopped itching. The swelling from the bites didn't go away for about two months though. I even still have the marks, they're little darkened areas on my hands..

Anyway, the people around here need to learn that when the pedestrian light is red, they're not supposed to walk. I mean, this group of people just suddenly appear in the middle of the street, while my light is green and I almost hit them. The funny part was when some driver behind me opened his window to call them all dumbasses.

LaZie made this...a long time ago.

"It was a very depressing time in my life, since I had no money I was unable to screw the rules" -Kaiba

I'm in the middle east. We Asians have cures for everything besides over-population. Unfortunately I can't get anything around here beyond hydro-cortisone, so I just have to tough it out. I think I've used that green oil before, but I used to rub it on my belly to soothe stomach-aches. I forgot what it's called. Thanks for the suggestion, my yellow brother.

edit: this is the stuff I was talking about: Eagle Brand

I think it's more for aches and pains, and not for itching, so it's probably not what you're talking about.
    Last edited by Animeniax; Sun, 07-29-2007 at 01:51 AM.