Page 203 of 253 FirstFirst ... 103153193199200201202203204205206207213 ... LastLast
Results 4,041 to 4,060 of 5056

Thread: The Bitching Thread

Maybe your doorbell is just broken. You never ring it yourself, so you wouldn't know, unless you had lots of other visitors during those days.

I hate that bullshit. I don't want to admit it but basically I've stayed at home entire days waiting for a package to arrive just to see "attempted delivery" on the online tracking or a missed delivery note on the door. F*cking ridiculous. I would have heard a knock or doorbell chime. I suspect delivery companies get to keep the stuff they don't deliver and divvy it up amongst the drivers and their insurance covers the charge to the sending company.

I'd take it as a sign that a new game console is not what you need in your life right now and find another way to spend the time and money you would have wasted playing PS3 games.

Quote Originally Posted by dragonrage View Post
    bump....

After 6 or more years of not playing video games, I finally decided to get a up to date system to occupy my time and my weary mind. Being a Playstation fan from long ago, PS3 was the logical choice. Anyways I bought one from amazon, it was suppose to arrive last Friday but apparently I missed the delivery, can't really see how that happened since I was home most of the day and so was someone else for the rest. UPS didn't attempt delivery on Saturday but on Monday instead, which is fine as I was again home for most of the day and someone was home when I was not. Now is Tuesday the final attempt for the delivery and no one will be home and the location the package will be held at is closed on the weekends and the only time available to pick it is is during the week when I am suppose to be at work. Either that UPS guys is a stealth ninja or something is just not right which has made me hesitant to sign anything for them to just leave the package. I've never had any problems like this before.

Sigh* Oh well, it will be returned to amazon and my money will be refunded, I should have had it shipped to my job in the first place but I didn't want to lug it around on the train, lazy I know. Thinking about whether it was not meant to be or if I should reorder it and have it shipped to my job, where they sure as hell make sure that I get my packages delivered.

p.s. I've called UPS and amazon and they both say they same thing, they can't really do anything.

For God will not permit that we shall know what is to come... those who by some sorcery or by some dream might come to pierce the veil that lies so darkly over all that is before them may serve by just that vision to cause that God should wrench the world from its heading and set it upon another course altogether and then where stands the sorcerer? Where the dreamer and his dream?

Someone came home early and apparently the package was delivered and signed for, I guess the bitching on the phone to UPS and Amazon helped. Last night I had amazon call UPS and make a notation of everything in a very stern and no bullshit, polite tone. Now I have Uncharted 3 320gb PS3 to bid my time. Going to get some first person shooters on my way home.

I do other things with my time, but lately I've been going tough time that has been driving me to the brink of insanity. I'm hoping that a few games will help me lose myself enough to get things in order or at least help me fall asleep at night, my thoughts have been working over time lately.

Just want to blow shit up and kill things without the messy bits and legal troubles .

Kraco I don't have a door bell..... Just saying that I have ordered other things that were delivered with no problems before.
    Last edited by dragonrage; Tue, 04-24-2012 at 05:06 PM.
    ___
    ---------------------------- "THE DROPOUT CREW"--------------------------------
    ________Deblas, IfingHateTonTon, RyougaZell, dragonrage.________

________ we may fuck up alot but we always pull thru.

Blog Entries
    I did the same thing when i went through a bad time except i bought a 360. I wouldn't say i regret the purchase but i don't use it nearly as much as i thought i would.

Weird, not sure if I should I feel less unique or like a part of a brotherhood... I did the same thing last time life sucked. I bought a PS3 with Uncharted.

For God will not permit that we shall know what is to come... those who by some sorcery or by some dream might come to pierce the veil that lies so darkly over all that is before them may serve by just that vision to cause that God should wrench the world from its heading and set it upon another course altogether and then where stands the sorcerer? Where the dreamer and his dream?

Blog Entries
    Geeks think alike i guess.

It's possible.

I don't really intend to get much use out of this, over the years I've learned that I much more enjoy playing with a group of people or online but I tend to get bored easily with video games. And from playing last night I can see how much my skills have dulled from it's former glory and how much things have changed. Everything takes longer now, or maybe it was just all those damn updates and registering I had to do.

Just primarily going to use it as a stress reliever when I can't go out or don't want to and going keep it for the multitude of people that looked at my PS2 ( that hasn't seen almost any use) and told me "dude, that's old".

p.s. after playing for about 5 hours, I slept better, so I guess it is serving it's purpose.
    ___

Blog Entries
    5 uninterrupted hours? I'd get the hugest headache.

Btw, you know what's a great stress reliever? Hitting the gym.

I had a gym membership for a while (four years or so) but didn't have the time to really make use of it. When I had first signed up I have a 5% body fat and I was underweight. Now I am 30 lbs heavier and have the perfect weight for my height, but sitting around all day has given me a bit of a stomach.

I work out at home with light free weights and with the regular push up, crunchers, reverse crunchers and so on once in a while. I also started back cycling on the weekends when I have time.

5 hours is nothing, in high school my friends and I would play for 24 hours plus straight.
    ___

I find going to the gym is a more worthwhile experience for reasons other than fitness. It's a culture and social scene unto itself. Between the eye candy (I work out at a university gym), the douchebag meatheads that serve as both motivation and a caution, and the personal achievement of the workout, it's a much more complete experience than working out at home.

I rather work out at home or at a gym that has little people, you get a better sweat, don't have to wait on machines and you work out at your own pace without all the extra critics. I originally joined because I wanted to build more muscle mass and was there to support a friend that needed to loose weight for health reasons. I work out to be healthy (which I am), feel better about myself and to ensure my cloths fit.

I like cycling because it's a good sweat, you feel free and you feel less bond by constraints,10-20 miles is pretty easy and if you want to push yourself harder you can do more.

I know guys that use the gym to cruise for/ look at girls. I'll admit it makes me smile watching everyone working out and interacting, but without company don't really see myself being there. I would like to take up a contact sport though.
    ___

I'll say I've noticed there isn't a lot of mingling at the campus gyms I frequent. People who come to work out together chit-chat, but you don't see guys hitting on girls or vice versa, or talking at all even. I get motivation from cute girls at the gym so I like going there to work out. I can even run without headphones and not get bored if there are cute chicks on the track. Of course, the db meatheads keep me grounded since I'll never be as big and built as them, though sometimes it can be discouraging.

I got a replacement fan under warranty and of course it's obviously a returned item, though it seems to function fine. I still don't like receiving used goods, you never know how well they were taken care of or whether they were abused and will break after a week.

bump....

After 6 or more years of not playing video games, I finally decided to get a up to date system to occupy my time and my weary mind. Being a Playstation fan from long ago, PS3 was the logical choice. Anyways I bought one from amazon, it was suppose to arrive last Friday but apparently I missed the delivery, can't really see how that happened since I was home most of the day and so was someone else for the rest. UPS didn't attempt delivery on Saturday but on Monday instead, which is fine as I was again home for most of the day and someone was home when I was not. Now is Tuesday the final attempt for the delivery and no one will be home and the location the package will be held at is closed on the weekends and the only time available to pick it is is during the week when I am suppose to be at work. Either that UPS guys is a stealth ninja or something is just not right which has made me hesitant to sign anything for them to just leave the package. I've never had any problems like this before.

Sigh* Oh well, it will be returned to amazon and my money will be refunded, I should have had it shipped to my job in the first place but I didn't want to lug it around on the train, lazy I know. Thinking about whether it was not meant to be or if I should reorder it and have it shipped to my job, where they sure as hell make sure that I get my packages delivered.

p.s. I've called UPS and amazon and they both say they same thing, they can't really do anything.
    I'm surprised they don't make it easier for people to pick up parcels at a local UPS "store", or whatever you'd call it.

Family Friendly Mascot Buffalobiian's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by fahoumh View Post
    I'm surprised they don't make it easier for people to pick up parcels at a local UPS "store", or whatever you'd call it.
    Same. Almost all couriers have an agreement with our federally-run postal service, where undelivered parcels can be placed at the local post office for collection by the recipient.

If it's not Isuzu-chan Mii~

Quote Originally Posted by fahoumh View Post
    I was too, I actually had to pick up a package before, years back I did it on a Saturday and they had redirected it to a UPS store of my choosing. But now they have different policies for Ground, Air, Next day Air and use different facilities for them and they have different operating hours. I think they are just lazy, or it was part of the restructuring and a ploy to get home to use 2nd day shipping that cost more and delivers on Saturday. Also it's different for business, they make sure the packages are delivered, never had a problem when shipping to my job, no matter what the day, and they ensure they deliver before your end of business day.
    ___

Awesome user with default custom title UChessmaster's Avatar
    Am i the only one dissapointed with this generation`s entertainment?

Music is not about romance, awsome guitar solos or deep lyrics, instead is about doing stupid catchy tunes, trying to wear the most absurd clothes and repetitive lyrics.

Movies are no longer about good impacting stories and meanful acting, instead is about just how much CGI you can shove in 120 minutes.

Video game consoles are not even about video games anymore, is about how many other things the damn machine can do BESIDES playing games, how good the online system is and an ever growing focus on graphics while sacrificing gameplay.

Am i just growing old and i`m just not adjusting to the new era? is this what parents feel like? What`s next? A cellphone that can`t do phone calls? Can i have the 90`s back?

Wait a second... when did i got a custom tittle?
    You cannot hope to build a better world without improving the individuals. To that end each of us must work for his own improvement, and at the same time share a general responsibility for all humanity, our particular duty being to aid those to whom we think we can be most useful. -Marie Curie

Quote Originally Posted by UChessmaster View Post
    Am i the only one dissapointed with this generation`s entertainment?
    In some areas yes.

Music is not about romance, awsome guitar solos or deep lyrics, instead is about doing stupid catchy tunes, trying to wear the most absurd clothes and repetitive lyrics.
    Stupid catchy tunes, absurd clothes and repetitive lyrics have been around forever, it's not just this generation; there are still plenty (ashitton) of artists that make great music. And really, there is nothing wrong with catchy tunes.

Movies are no longer about good impacting stories and meanful acting, instead is about just how much CGI you can shove in 120 minutes.
    I watch about ~100 movies per year in theaters alone and this statement is just terribly wrong, watch Drive or Cabin in the Woods for instance if you think it's all about CGI.
    Yes blockbusters are getting bigger, but that's only a natural progression from advancements in technology; Inception and the very recently released Avengers are good examples of huge CGI productions that are really good movies by themselves.
    Xmen first class however is a good example of a huge CGI production that was pretty mediocre as a film.

Video game consoles are not even about video games anymore, is about how many other things the damn machine can do BESIDES playing games, how good the online system is and an ever growing focus on graphics while sacrificing gameplay.
    This is also very very wrong, consoles are getting more advanced and their slew of features are, like with movies, a natural progression of advancements in tech.
    2010 was a great gaming year and spawned one of the best games ever, but even then 2011 managed to best it with overall better games being released.
    What's really surprising is that 2012 seems to be an insanely good year for gaming.

Am i just growing old and i`m just not adjusting to the new era? is this what parents feel like? What`s next? A cellphone that can`t do phone calls? Can i have the 90`s back?
    I'd say yes and no, I think your problem might be that you need to expand your horizons.
    The only thing I miss from the 90's are really good cartoons, this generation is growing up with shitty flash animated nonsense.
    -----------------

Quote Originally Posted by UChessmaster View Post
    Wait a second... when did i got a custom tittle?
    Unfortunately the good old times are over, so you'll have to go with a custom title. Nothing works as it used to, with a limited set of choices given to you. Now you face limitless choices and need to make your own decision.

Family Friendly Mascot Buffalobiian's Avatar
    Regarding music, I do get the impression that older songs tend to be simpler in the layers of instruments and effects that go on top of it all, so it's easier to listen to the actual vocal quality of the singer. In modern songs it gets lost amongst everything else going on.

If it's not Isuzu-chan Mii~

Quote Originally Posted by Buffalobiian View Post
    Same. Almost all couriers have an agreement with our federally-run postal service, where undelivered parcels can be placed at the local post office for collection by the recipient.
    Here Canada Post does exactly that. I may miss the package sometimes because the doorbell works sporadically and people have a habit of showing up the minute I have to use the bathroom.

I was too, I actually had to pick up a package before, years back I did it on a Saturday and they had redirected it to a UPS store of my choosing. But now they have different policies for Ground, Air, Next day Air and use different facilities for them and they have different operating hours. I think they are just lazy, or it was part of the restructuring and a ploy to get home to use 2nd day shipping that cost more and delivers on Saturday. Also it's different for business, they make sure the packages are delivered, never had a problem when shipping to my job, no matter what the day, and they ensure they deliver before your end of business day.
    Sometimes I wonder if they actually knock on the door loud enough for someone who isn't within 1 metre of the door to hear it. I think if a package is undelivered it should always go to the closest store or office and be picked up at the recipient's earliest convenience. I've waited around all day before for a package and it fucking sucks.