Page 89 of 254 FirstFirst ... 397985868788899091929399139189 ... LastLast
Results 1,761 to 1,780 of 5064

Thread: The Bitching Thread

Oh you poor thing, you can't decide on what kind of jacket to buy? Wow your life must be difficult. You're asking a bunch of anime-watching tech geeks for fashion ideas for a summer jacket? Here's an idea: wear the same one you wore last summer.

For God will not permit that we shall know what is to come... those who by some sorcery or by some dream might come to pierce the veil that lies so darkly over all that is before them may serve by just that vision to cause that God should wrench the world from its heading and set it upon another course altogether and then where stands the sorcerer? Where the dreamer and his dream?

MTV2.
    I just recently got this channel, and it's full of crap.
    about 60% of the time it has commercials, and the rest is 'my chemical romance'.
    not kidding, I've seen 5 'my chemical romance' specials this week alone, they aren't even such a good band.
    besides, how hard is it to make a decent rock/alternative music channel?
    Metallica, R.E.M, Nirvana, Guns&Roses, Kiss, some Linkin park (Limp bizkit, Blink 182, Sum 41, Avril Lavigne, etc) and some new bands. it's not really a problem, just get rid of all those new british rock/pop bands. seriously, MTVdance seemed like the better choice this week..

also, Guys who watch Soap operas.
    What the hell is wrong with you?
    also, Guys who watch Soap operas (reruns).
    Get away from me!

, beny, whine, bitch and away!

Not to be the most annoying but My Chemical Romance count as "alternative". The thing it is actually quite hard to converse a TV program that is not "mainstream"-ish enough.
    You know...capitalism...and shit.
    little soul your dreams are waitin'
    crapping up...
    hold them closely
    never let go, never let go... <3

Awesome user with default custom title The Heretic Azazel's Avatar
    I know it's the bitching thread but damn, if you order MTV2 and expect entertainment that's fully self-inflicted.

My bitch is the company I work for looks for any avenue to cut my hourly pay and now I've been docked twice, once for performance (not raising enough money) and again for missing an optional Friday shift I already told them I would miss because I was working my other job. Well they wanted me to work the optional Friday because I was out Sunday with a family emergency and made it mandatory.

Do they have to be so greedy to take 50 cents of my pay? Do they not remember the frustration of being on the phones all goddamn day?
    "They call it 'The American Dream' because you have to be asleep to believe it" - George Carlin

is docking your pay permanent?

I can't see how a company could do that unless they actually prefer having a high employee turn-over rate.
    10/4/04 - 8/20/07

Awesome user with default custom title The Heretic Azazel's Avatar
    Well if I do 110% this month I'll get that quarter back, and I'm pretty sure after a month is up I get the quarter back for missing that day anyway. People get cuts or raises every month and it gets fucking irritating. And yeah the turnover rate is ridiculous but thats partly because dealing with people on the phones all day is taxing.

Telefundraising is a fucked up business.
    "They call it 'The American Dream' because you have to be asleep to believe it" - George Carlin

Banned
    My bitch has been on for a while now. My bitch is that the whole 3 month fuck up on Yahoo's part to let MS buy them, is not turning out any better just for Jerry Yangs Silicon valley 1996 baby. He fucked up, and continues to do so. He blew off Big M and was trying to slowly get them into the $40/share bid. And now, they want to share Google's tech, and give them money for clicks by using their AdSense technology. And becaue of it, for the past 2 nights on and off, Google and Yahoo's sites have been down. Last night I tried to go on before I went to bed and they were down till past 3 this after noon. Just because they're working on getting server crap reorganized for their "partnership" program.

That's a pretty weak cause to bitch. Why not just use altavista or msn search until the others are available? Are you a stock owner in Yahoo? Then you'd have a reason to bitch. This namby-pamby griping goes in the "crying over spilt milk" bin.

My bitch: boredom. I'm out of stuff to do. It takes a week or two to get stuff in that I order online, nothing is available locally, and I'm in a transition period so I can't do anything drastic for the next month. I downloaded a bunch of Japanese dramas on my last R&R, but most of them turned out boring or unwatchable. With the bandwidth monitoring, I can't even download stuff to watch here. The only thing I have for fun is playing God of War on the PS2, but I spend about 3 hours a day at work doing that, so I'm burned out on it when I'm at home, besides the trouble of transporting the PS2 and A/V adapter unit back and forth from the office to home. Boredom really is as bad as being too busy.

For God will not permit that we shall know what is to come... those who by some sorcery or by some dream might come to pierce the veil that lies so darkly over all that is before them may serve by just that vision to cause that God should wrench the world from its heading and set it upon another course altogether and then where stands the sorcerer? Where the dreamer and his dream?

Awesome user with default custom title XanBcoo's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Animeniax
    My bitch: boredom. I'm out of stuff to do.
    Wow your life must be difficult.
    That's a pretty weak cause to bitch.
    Stop telling people whether their reasons to bitch are valid or not. It makes you sound like a hypocrite.

My bitch: I have no one to go to the gym with tomorrow. The guy who usually lifts with me has 2 finals and no time to spare. If I end up going, I'll only be able to complete about half of my usual routine, or at least only do half the weight. I guess I need to be brave and ask a stranger to spot me.

<@Terra> he told me this, "man actually meeting terra is so fucking big", and he started crying. Then he bought me hot dogs

Quote Originally Posted by XanBcoo
    Stop telling people whether their reasons to bitch are valid or not. It makes you sound like a hypocrite.

My bitch: I have no one to go to the gym with tomorrow. The guy who usually lifts with me has 2 finals and no time to spare. If I end up going, I'll only be able to complete about half of my usual routine, or at least only do half the weight. I guess I need to be brave and ask a stranger to spot me.
    Bitching shouldn't be done so casually, just like posting just for the sake of raising your post count. People complain when someone posts constantly, so I have no problem complaining that people complain too much. If that makes me a hypocrite, then so be it. But really, bitching because a search engine is down? Or because you can't decide what summer jacket to get? Those are more fit for a Whining Thread.

Banned
    I was a share holder in Yahoo, not anymore. Not since last Thursday. And I use their yahoo Answers page. I have 4 answers on there I need answered and they all had fresh replies to them just from posting them. And that is cause for a bitch because its a serious product of theirs for serving up ads and serving the online community. So it is good enough to bitch about. More for me I have an online ad company that MS will probably be knocking on my door for anytime with in the next half year or so. And I'm only 23. I'm not going to be a fucking moron like Jerry Yang and deny 44+ billion when my shares are tanking. I'll take a little bit and make myself a billionaire and trust MS to make my company into something great while integrating with their adCenter platform.

My complaint is that I've been bothered more and more by Jerry Yangs business lack of business skills. Google just flew right past them and started 7 years after them. Google's founders are worth twice what yahoos ever were. And on top of that, they don't know how to even monotize their site to its full potential, and it's the most trafficed site on the web. On top of that they haven't even tried since the late 90's. It's pathetic. It bothers me because they don't know how to make money anymore and I'm in the fellow business their in. The companies management is broken. Their engineers keep getting fired (good ones). And now they're messing with Google's business actions. Messing up a perfectly fine company.

I'm bothered as a dot-com businessman. Not so much as a user of their community. Besides I hate Yahoo. I cashed out my options last week and left them alone.

Well that makes sense then, so I stand corrected, but not about the summer jacket. Hopefully you can see from your original post why I had reservations about the validity and/or necessity of your bitching. However it still remains to be seen what Yang and co were thinking in not taking the offer from MS.

Awesome user with default custom title XanBcoo's Avatar
    I need to stop making friends with seniors. Everyone I get friendly with in any of my classes always ends up graduating at the end of that semester.

I just said goodbye to a really interesting dude from my Phonology class, and I don't think I'll ever get to hang out with him because he's graduating and moving to another city. I also have another friend who I would talk to about comedians and weightlifting and stuff, but he's graduating too, and I can't even find him on facebook. Probably never even see him again. The whole thing is really kinda depressing because this has happened almost every semester.
    Last edited by XanBcoo; Fri, 05-09-2008 at 01:55 AM.

<@Terra> he told me this, "man actually meeting terra is so fucking big", and he started crying. Then he bought me hot dogs

Benevolent Dictator
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by XanBcoo
    I need to stop making friends with seniors. Everyone I get friendly with in any of my classes always ends up graduating at the end of that semester.

The whole thing is really kinda depressing because this has happened almost every semester.
    I was in college for 8 years (for a variety of reasons). I made a whole generation of friends, had them graduate, made another generation of friends, had them graduate, and then started making a third generation before I finally finished up.

Saying goodbye to all your close friends sucks. Doing that 3 times ... sucks a LOT. When two of those three "goodbye" waves include romantic connections... it's just downright depressing.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by complich8
    I was in college for 8 years (for a variety of reasons). I made a whole generation of friends, had them graduate, made another generation of friends, had them graduate, and then started making a third generation before I finally finished up.

Saying goodbye to all your close friends sucks. Doing that 3 times ... sucks a LOT. When two of those three "goodbye" waves include romantic connections... it's just downright depressing.

That is depressing. You guys must have good people in your schools. I went to a community college for a bit after trying a university. No dice man. I think that a majority of that time I was trying to make friends, it was terrible. They were either all really stupid and/or didn't really know anything about the subject in the class, causing them to drop it quickly. Plus, I don't know about you guys, but it's hard to find people who don't drink, smoke, go to bars or have some public agenda shown through their clothing. It kind of makes you want to vomit a bit.

Another thing was. Most of the time you actually try and make friends, most people are shy to start to get to know or open up too. Girls even really. But I guess that could be because they were trying not to flunk out by focusing on their school work.

Family Friendly Mascot Buffalobiian's Avatar
    Being assigned group assignments and tutorial workgroups by the college/uni are very good ways to get you to know people. I know all my uni friends that way, since only 3 people from my high school went to the same uni as me. I don't have to worry about this issue since most of the people I know from uni are in my year, and those who aren't I barely ever see them anyway.

When I started high school, a lot of my friends were seniors, and almost graduating ones too, so I know how it feels though.

If it's not Isuzu-chan Mii~

So the current subject is making friends in school, huh? I had a huge trouble when I first started high school, one was for how I did look and the second my ...uuh.. personality. At first glance I thought my class where a totall of "cool badboys" that thought they were something, you know, the usual stuff.
    And hey, what to expect when your going to carpentry class?
    But in the end, I actually manage, evem my wierdness but it closly made me drop out, big time.
    I'm still having friends trouble outside school, though...need to take care of those too..
    little soul your dreams are waitin'
    crapping up...
    hold them closely
    never let go, never let go... <3

I've been home all day, and during that time, there were only 20 mintues I was the only person in the house. in the middle of a school\work day. my mother goes to work at 12:00, my old brother goes at 14:00. my young brother returns from school at 14:00. I had twenty mintues of quiet when my brother went to a tennis class.
    something wrong with my family. it's impossible for adults to stay home this late. and it happens every time I'm home. I love my family, but 23:40 hours a day is way over the top.

Quote Originally Posted by Chiodos
    Hahaha. Omg. I do need to polish my english. Shit seriously... ^^

The next bitching is this!

I HAVE NO IDEA what to buy for summer jacket!!... Any Gotwoot-ish tip, anyone what I am supposed to buy for this season?
    Supposed to buy? There is no "must buys" it all depends on what kind of style you have overall, what you enjoy wearing etc. Get back with some more info and we might be able to hook you up.

I say, get a nice linen blazer, maybe cream colored; if you want to be stylish, that is ;-)