Page 63 of 254 FirstFirst ... 135359606162636465666773113163 ... LastLast
Results 1,241 to 1,260 of 5064

Thread: The Bitching Thread

alrite, so i usually dont post here cuz i tend to let things slide alot...but this is just pissing me off.

So i deposited a check for 500 sometime last week....because i got my first credit card recently, and thus have a new/non-existant credit history, the checks dont go into my account rite away. i have to wait 5 business days for the total amount to clear. Now this was never a problem before i had a credit card, but whatever. So here i am, a full 7 days (and probably more) after i deposited my check, but when i try to withdraw cash from the atm machine, it says i have insufficient funds. ok...i check my balance. 400 dollars. try to withdraw again...insufficient funds.

So i figure i'll go to the bank and see why that's happening (this is before i knew about the 5 business day holding period). The lady at the bank tells me its cuz they have to verify the checks, and it takes 5 business days.....hmm, i could've sworn its been 5 business days since i deposited. oh well....she says by 6 pm tonite it'll be verified and i can take out some money.....alrite, i can wait a few hours.

6:30 rolls around, and i figure i'll go do some shoppign since they money will be accessible now....i go to the local fortino's, get what i need, go to pay with my debit card.....*beep* insufficient funds.

check my watch. 7:20. try again,

*beep* insufficient funds.

WHAT THE FUCK!!! so now i gotta go back to the bank and find out why the fuck i can't take out my own money, which the even machine shows i clearly have. I dont get my student loan for another week or so, so im pretty much flat fuckign broke because the bank is fucking with me. i had to buy 17 dollars with of groceries with my god damn credit card......which is apparenty the cause of all this 5-business day verification shit anyway. hows that for fucking irony.

I think i live next to an insane woman. Like really...next door to me there are two adults, but at totally random times of the day (or night for that matter), i will hear loud screaming, uncontrollable crying, loud noises and things crashing. Its been going one for a while, and its really affecting my sleep, amongst other things. I'm afraid to have guests because of this. I'm not sure if i can endure another 20 minute to an hour tirade of whatever this woman has...

That is some crazy sex.

I used to have noisy sex neighbors in the apartment next door to me. It gets annoying when they start doing it late at night when you're trying to sleep. It's funny at first, but gets creepy way too fast.

However, in college, it's always hilarious. The bunk beds have poor/no cross-brace support, so they move around and slam into walls loudly.

...or she could just be on crack. I lived near one of those types too.

Awesome user with default custom title XanBcoo's Avatar
    FUCK! I just accidentally left my phone, the phone in my avatar, in the washing machine.

I took off the jeans I had been wearing and put on some shorts, ready to do my laundry. I thought I had taken everything out, but then I started looking for my phone, which was nowhere to be found. Just as I started to worry what I had done with it, I heard the washing machine start to fill up with water and my insides turned to ice. By the time I ran over there, my jeans were already submerged and my phone was filled with water.

I found this site about 10 minutes ago and followed the tips. All I can do now is wait. http://www.wikihow.com/Save-a-Wet-Cell-Phone

<@Terra> he told me this, "man actually meeting terra is so fucking big", and he started crying. Then he bought me hot dogs

Quote Originally Posted by Hikyuu
    That is some crazy sex.

Its not sex...ive seen her alone outside screaming like that

Then, that sucks.. you might wanna do something about it.. Landlord? Quietly approach the number with offerings of food and conversation? Be a nice neighbor.

My phone is ok!!!

I waited 2 days to let my phone dry off, keeping it under a lamp to let the water evaporate. I also was lucky enough to have a packet of silica gels (because I just bought a new bass amp, and hadn't thrown the box away yet), so I put them with the phone inside a ziplock bag. I'm recharging the battery now.

Basically what I'm saying is, if any of you do a dumbass thing like leaving a phone in the washing machine like I did, that site I found has some pretty good tips. In general, just remember to act quickly and remove the battery before anything else.

<@Terra> he told me this, "man actually meeting terra is so fucking big", and he started crying. Then he bought me hot dogs

I bet you have a very clean phone now, in any case.

Awesome user with default custom title itadakimasu's Avatar
    Bitching for today... why the fuck has osama bin laden been dying his beard... wtf.

anyhow, real bitching. I was expecting to get one ore a couple of things i've ordered recently online. I got a 4gb pro duo for my psp the other day from hong kong faster than some other things i've ordered from inside the states... wtf is that?

anyhow, the texas tollway.... they turned this highway into a toll road months ago and they dont have toll booths, so they just take a picture and bill you later. Back in march i got turned around and had to exit on this highway. So eventually i got billed, not for the posted $.25, but for $1.25. Now, its not much money but its the principal of the matter. If you post a 25 cent toll, thats what i expect to be paying, not 5 times that amount. So anyhow, i paid that months ago now, but today i got a $5 bill in the mail which since it is even, they have subtracted the original $1.25 and are now trying to collect 20 times the original toll in late fees. I sent them a long email breaking down the numbers for them and telling them they will not see another penny from me since i have already paid the toll they have posted five times over and that it is rediculous that they would try to collect twenty times the posted toll 5 months afterwards.

Quote Originally Posted by XanBcoo
    My phone is ok!!!

I waited 2 days to let my phone dry off, keeping it under a lamp to let the water evaporate. I also was lucky enough to have a packet of silica gels (because I just bought a new bass amp, and hadn't thrown the box away yet), so I put them with the phone inside a ziplock bag. I'm recharging the battery now.

Basically what I'm saying is, if any of you do a dumbass thing like leaving a phone in the washing machine like I did, that site I found has some pretty good tips. In general, just remember to act quickly and remove the battery before anything else.
    That's great to hear. I remember when we had a terrible rainstorm a few years ago and water leaked into the basement and on top of our television. I immediately unplugged it, cleaned up the water on the top and put a small container for whatever else made it through. I left the television unplugged for 1 or 2 weeks then plugged it back in and turned it on and it worked! Strangely enough we have never had another leak.

My new roommate locked me out of the apartment. It's 4:00 am and his ass is asleep while I'm in the main office's computer lab.

At least he gets up early. That means I only have to wait 4 hours.

Edit/Update: It's 7:50 now. I'm in my room. Goodnight.
    Last edited by XanBcoo; Sat, 09-08-2007 at 07:54 AM.

Benevolent Dictator
    Blog Entries
    I hate the 9 to 5 scene.

I'm back in school and I HATE how full it is...50 student capacity and there are 49 people in it. There is no goddamned room in any of the classes. And since we had to pick a section which is consisent in all the core courses, I have to see the same people EVERY SINGLE DAY. Also, I see there is a group of asshats in my classes who were in my classes last term and every one of them are back again. On top of which, one of them, probably the one I hate the most, is in my randomly-picked group for Marketing. Hoo-fucking-ray.

EDIT: rant rant rant...

I sympathize. There's a big over enrollment problem at my school. People just whine to the right people about how they desperately need a class to graduate (this is why I'm in my 9th semester of college. If I can do it, they can do it). Eventually, someone caves, and then you've got 55 people in a class that was meant for 40.

Thankfully, it wouldn't have mattered if there had only been 16 in the class. We've been more or less told outright we'll have to teach ourselves. Business as usual in engineering.

If you want to see other people, take classes in other majors as electives. That's why I take Literature classes. A broader education is not only a pleasant break from the tedium, it also looks nice on resumes.
    -----

I'm tired of not getting any breaks at work. By law, every 4 hours, you're supposed to get a 15 minute paid break. Only I can never fucking take it because no one is capable of covering for me. There's either (a) no one around, (b) people who legally can't work my counter, or (c) I've got too many things to do where only I know the procedures and have the training for. I just add the missed time to my timesheets, but it wears down on you after several days in a row.

Then when I get home, I'm too worn out to start on any of my homework for college.

Awesome user with default custom title itadakimasu's Avatar
    current bitch...

The reason I interviewed for the job Im working at now is because the posting was for a "PC Technician" simple enough. What did I do today at work? well, I tried hard not to fall asleep. I made/edited a pretty cool looking menu bar for the comanies web site which needs to be completely redone... omfg it just seems like such an impossible task when i barely know html and there are so many other factors that go into the web site that include VP's wanting the web site to mimic one of their compeditors. So even if i could put endless hours into creating a brand new web site for them... one of the VPs might see it and think it is trash and then I'd have to start all over.

also, Nubs negative repping my posts with comments such as "no shit? DUH" it just reminds me that it is an all ages thread and that i could very well be dealing with angsty 13 year olds.

Ryllharu, I have no room or time for any more electives right now as my schedule is filled with 4 core courses (Finance 1, Operations 1, Human Resources, and Marketing) and my 1 elective is Intermediate Accounting 1. This is going to be a FUN term, hahahaha.

And you don't have to tell me about engineering, I was in Chem Eng for 2 years (well, 4 when you include having to repeat the first term after fucking off and not quite making it to the second and the bullshit co-op terms).

Since last Friday, I had to benchmark some ATI mobile engineering samples on a Santa Rosa platform. The card they gave me (mobile version of HD2600) was a piece of unstable shit and crashes 3DMark06 4 times out of 5. It always crashed on either the Complex Vertex Shader test or the Particle test. So basically, if it crashes, then I just wasted 12 minutes since those are the last couple tests. That doesn't sound like much, but it adds up really fast when you need to run it so many times just to get one set of data, and then need to run it again for different configurations.

I emailed the person who asked me to run these benchmarks today and explained the situation. Turned out she didn't really need the feature tests. I only ran them because the guy who had my job previously did those tests.

So I basically wasted nearly 2 days watching the computer crash over and over. I understand that it's an engineering sample I'm playing with, but they, too, go through QA. I don't know how this piece of garbage ever ended up in my hands.

Family in general. 'Nuff said.
    ~The imprint is always there... Nothing is ever really forgotten...~
    ~Seduce my mind, and you can have my body
    Find my soul, and I'll be yours forever...~
    ~Signature made by Deadfire~

Currently, I have very little to bitch about... then again, I don't bitch about much.

But mainly, this past week, I slept in and missed a day of school. Allright, now five hours after I find this out, my father comes home and pretty much says, "Give me your PSP, your Computer, and your Playstation."

I'm wondering: how the fuck are you going to be that irrational over ONE DAY OF SCHOOL?! And one more thing, I don't have a single clue as to WHEN I'm getting these things back.
    Now 99% disease free!