Page 208 of 254 FirstFirst ... 108158198204205206207208209210211212218 ... LastLast
Results 4,141 to 4,160 of 5064

Thread: The Bitching Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Abdula View Post
    Emo? Me? Tears of blood are so 4 years ago. I'm all mellow now
    Did you start smoking weed?

For God will not permit that we shall know what is to come... those who by some sorcery or by some dream might come to pierce the veil that lies so darkly over all that is before them may serve by just that vision to cause that God should wrench the world from its heading and set it upon another course altogether and then where stands the sorcerer? Where the dreamer and his dream?

Ew no. Why would I do that.
    Dreaming impossible dreams.
    Sapphire is awesome!

Awesome user with default custom title The Heretic Azazel's Avatar
    So now that you've failed as a cop, will I be seeing you zooming through my local strip mall on your segway?
    "They call it 'The American Dream' because you have to be asleep to believe it" - George Carlin

Quote Originally Posted by The Heretic Azazel View Post
    So now that you've failed as a cop, will I be seeing you zooming through my local strip mall on your segway?
    Nah, I go hard or go home. APD is one of the top forces in the country (in their own estimation) including pay, benefits, and training. To settle for a smaller outfit or a shittier PD would be a step down, like joining the army instead of being a marine. I don't play that shit. Since I can't be APD (I can reapply somewhere between 3-10 years, they'll let me know) I guess that's God's way of letting me know that's not my path in life. Now I have to make my own path in life, and that's what's eating me, since I'm not sure what else I want to do with my life and it's getting late in the game to decide on a change now. So fuck it.

For God will not permit that we shall know what is to come... those who by some sorcery or by some dream might come to pierce the veil that lies so darkly over all that is before them may serve by just that vision to cause that God should wrench the world from its heading and set it upon another course altogether and then where stands the sorcerer? Where the dreamer and his dream?

Family Friendly Mascot Buffalobiian's Avatar
    You can't apply for another PD position elsewhere in 3 years?

Or is that 3 years before you can apply to the same place again?

If it's not Isuzu-chan Mii~

3-10 years before I can apply to Austin PD again. Fucking rapists and murderers get less time as punishment.

I could apply elsewhere now, but I'd have to list on that application that I was disqualified from APD for lying by omission. That would pretty much doom that application as well. So basically it means the end of my career in law enforcement as far as I can tell. Maybe for the best, except now I feel like I have no purpose in life besides to survive.

Quote Originally Posted by Animeniax View Post
    3-10 years before I can apply to Austin PD again. Fucking rapists and murderers get less time as punishment.

I could apply elsewhere now, but I'd have to list on that application that I was disqualified from APD for lying by omission. That would pretty much doom that application as well. So basically it means the end of my career in law enforcement as far as I can tell. Maybe for the best, except now I feel like I have no purpose in life besides to survive.
    What happened to wanting to open up a ramen shop near the university for the students? That fall through as well, or just no capital for it?

Quote Originally Posted by Buffalobiian View Post
    What happened to wanting to open up a ramen shop near the university for the students? That fall through as well, or just no capital for it?
    Nah, that was always a pipe dream. I have no business or food sense (everything tastes about the same to me). I could raise the capital but I'm not sure $6-10 ramen bowls would sell that well, though the student body at this uni seems to have enough disposable income.

There was a ramen shop in another part of town and it failed, but it wasn't close to uni. Rent at locations near uni is outrageous.

Awesome user with default custom title XanBcoo's Avatar
    I'd suggest getting a food truck near 6th, but ramen isn't really drunk person friendly. And again, it would probably be crazy expensive to rent out a location within walking distance of that sort of nightlife.

My interactions with the APD have been nothing but positive. Last time I was there for a protest they were as friendly and accommodating as they could be towards the crowd.

<@Terra> he told me this, "man actually meeting terra is so fucking big", and he started crying. Then he bought me hot dogs

I blame that on the liberalism prevalent in this city because of the hippies and idealistic college crowd. Anytime APD steps out of line, it's a huge uproar in the media. But I've also only had positive and professional interactions with the police, even when they were giving me a ticket. Of course, you and I are white and yellow, respectively. I'm sure the brothers and brown people don't get treated quite as nicely by the mostly white police force in Austin.

Not sure I'd want to target the drunken frat crowd anyway. I was thinking more about the yuppie/hipster crowd that "loves" Japanese "culture" and has the money to drop on $6-10 ramen bowls and $4 "imported" beers. But I don't know or want to know about running a business and much less a food business. It's just not my thing. I don't have that entrepreneurial spirit.

My interactions with the NYPD have all been pleasant experiences. Cops are fun people, they have a tough job and they do it.
    I guess that's God's way of letting me know that's not my path in life.
    This is my bitch. I hate it when people say that, particularly when they fail at something. Its the biggest cop out ever. People do stupid things or make bad decisions but the reason they are not successful is because God didn't want them to be. It really makes me irrationally upset because how stupid do you have to be to believe that. Seriously, there are very few things that make me angry but people who believe that some deity sits and micromanages their lives happens to be one of those things.
    Sapphire is awesome!

Quote Originally Posted by Abdula View Post
    My interactions with the NYPD have all been pleasant experiences. Cops are fun people, they have a tough job and they do it.

This is my bitch. I hate it when people say that, particularly when they fail at something. Its the biggest cop out ever. People do stupid things or make bad decisions but the reason they are not successful is because God didn't want them to be. It really makes me irrationally upset because how stupid do you have to be to believe that. Seriously, there are very few things that make me angry but people who believe that some deity sits and micromanages their lives happens to be one of those things.
    That's fine you believe what you believe. I've had enough signs and "coincidences" to know that we all don't have free choice and just make our own way through life. The people you meet, the experiences you have, the failures you have, they occur for a reason and for some greater plan. That's not true for everyone though.

Think of it like this: we're an ant farm run by some kid. Some ants will get more attention that others from this kid. God is the kid. We're the ants.

I didn't "fail" at anything. I followed a path laid out for me that suddenly diverged into nothingness and with no alternative path that makes sense.

Awesome user with default custom title XanBcoo's Avatar
    I'm sure the brothers and brown people don't get treated quite as nicely by the mostly white police force in Austin.
    Yeah, I think I selectively chose not to remember that the APD is notoriously racist once you get into high-latino areas like Riverside.

I never had to worry about being pulled over when I lived there because the police were too busy stopping hispanic men for God knows what misdemeanors.

Goddamn that's a terrible thing to say

<@Terra> he told me this, "man actually meeting terra is so fucking big", and he started crying. Then he bought me hot dogs

HAHAHAHA "cop-out"!

I don't know if you guys are rubbing salt into Ani's wounds, but the wordplay is too hilarious.

Like Bill said, try applying elsewhere. Don't limit your options - counties, etc. are all alternatives (better than nothing). I have also noticed that you're particularly good at writing and arguing on the forums here - maybe law school could be another possible path for you.

Yeah I used the phrase intentionally

That's fine you believe what you believe. I've had enough signs and "coincidences" to know that we all don't have free choice and just make our own way through life. The people you meet, the experiences you have, the failures you have, they occur for a reason and for some greater plan. That's not true for everyone though.

Think of it like this: we're an ant farm run by some kid. Some ants will get more attention that others from this kid. God is the kid. We're the ants.

I didn't "fail" at anything. I followed a path laid out for me that suddenly diverged into nothingness and with no alternative path that makes sense.
    Of course you know I wasn't attacking you personally or anything like that. You mentioned God's will in regards to your present situation 2 or 3 times however and as I said it is something that irks me. I have had a great deal of "coincidences" in my life as well and have been in a lot of situations that seemed preordained. I simply do not believe in predestination though. Most of the people I have met use it as an excuse for their own shortcomings or as justification for their supposed superiority.

-That last sentence of yours reminds me of something I had in my sig a few years ago
    Last edited by Abdula; Sun, 06-10-2012 at 04:32 PM.
    Sapphire is awesome!

Not too sure if this belongs here; it's somewhat explicit.

There was a guy across my street who profusely sweared so loud from his residence that everyone within a five house radius could hear him. He proceeded to do this for five hours until 9 PM and I simply ignored it because I thought he was angry with an upcoming hockey game tonight or that he might have lost his job/money on the stock market or something like that.

After five hours of screaming, the police and an ambulance was called. Apparently, a woman commited suicide in there and I guess he was too scared to call emergency services for some reason.

Now, I can't sleep peacefully knowing that I'm a lowlife who couldn't recognise a dire situation to communicate with a neighbour or to call emergency services to help a countryman and the thought that someone committed suicide lives across the street from me. I don't believe in the supernatural, but it feels damn creepy right now.

Quote Originally Posted by enkoujin View Post
    Not too sure if this belongs here; it's somewhat explicit.

There was a guy across my street who profusely sweared so loud from his residence that everyone within a five house radius could hear him. He proceeded to do this for five hours until 9 PM and I simply ignored it because I thought he was angry with an upcoming hockey game tonight or that he might have lost his job/money on the stock market or something like that.

After five hours of screaming, the police and an ambulance was called. Apparently, a woman commited suicide in there and I guess he was too scared to call emergency services for some reason.

Now, I can't sleep peacefully knowing that I'm a lowlife who couldn't recognise a dire situation to communicate with a neighbour or to call emergency services to help a countryman and the thought that someone committed suicide lives across the street from me. I don't believe in the supernatural, but it feels damn creepy right now.
    Not your fault. If he really did lose his job and was venting for example, and you called the cops on him - it might have been the last straw and made him jump.

You've got to have a pretty good imagination to think that a man swearing down the road got caught up in a homicide event rather than a sporting one.

Yeah. If I was hearing loud cursing but no sign of fighting, I wouldn't call the cops until it was late at night and I'd like to get to sleep. It probably wouldn't have occurred to me they were in fact cries for help. You curse when you cut your own finger with a knife, then curse some more when you hit a table leg with your toe when going for the band-aid, but you don't want your neighbour to call the police to check out the situation.

Yeah, it was pretty WTF the entire time around. He opened his balcony and kept swearing "FUCK, FUCK, FUCK!" over and over again. I'm not too sure what psychological factors came into play that took him four hours to call the police of ambulance unless it was traumatic shock that prevented him from stepping outside and phoning for some help (or knocking on others' doors to call for help).

Quote Originally Posted by Buffalobiian View Post
    You've got to have a pretty good imagination to think that a man swearing down the road got caught up in a homicide event rather than a sporting one.
    I usually assume or think about worst-case scenarios and possibilities, but the fact that sports (hockey, particularly) can make grown adults feel so many emotions ranging from tears of ecstasy to violent rioting in this country prevented me from my pessimistic thoughts.

Nonetheless, thanks for your opinions; I think I can sleep better tonight... even though the thought that someone just ended their own life close to my house still disturbs me.

Blog Entries
    The downside of being a pussy, next time man up and actually interact with someone.