Page 197 of 254 FirstFirst ... 97147187193194195196197198199200201207247 ... LastLast
Results 3,921 to 3,940 of 5064

Thread: The Bitching Thread

Family Friendly Mascot Buffalobiian's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Ani
    School is over so I'm working 30-35 hours a week at IT support and it's numbing my brain. I spend most of the afternoons in a half-asleep stupor. I end up talking to people and sounding really uninformed and silly.
    Uninformed? I sound croaky if I've just woken up... but not uninformed.

Sapphi, your job wasn't worth your time and money. Not by a long shot, from what we've heard about it over the long run.

If it's not Isuzu-chan Mii~

No, don't think about after you've woken up. It's more like when you haven't slept for a while and really want to sleep but can't because you have to work or be around other people. Then you stop being coherent and you can't have interesting conversations, but you have to interact so you talk but end up sounding kind of dumb and uninteresting.

For God will not permit that we shall know what is to come... those who by some sorcery or by some dream might come to pierce the veil that lies so darkly over all that is before them may serve by just that vision to cause that God should wrench the world from its heading and set it upon another course altogether and then where stands the sorcerer? Where the dreamer and his dream?

Oh...

When I get to that stage.. I have to self-inflict pain to stay awake.. that sucks...

So I am doing this project to help people weatherize their homes and someone I know asked me for some of the free kits. I told her that she could get them last weekend, and she forgot. Then I said she should let me know if she wants them yesterday, and she forgot and now wants to get them Saturday. Basically this person has been like this with me since I have known her and today I just told her that if she can't keep her obligations to me, I am not going to bother. There was a time I would have felt bad, but no longer.

Burning out, no really... David75's Avatar
    There's that coworker that can't do her job in time, or at all. Since her job is quotation and billing, I need to have a clear view of that part of customer care I did not manage myself till now.
    Well it's not entirely true, I do all the job of making the quotations and bills and even printing them. Said person just has to control there's no silly mistake and send the damn documents either via post service, mail or fax when the method and coordinates are already mentioned/available.
    In the last few months, some of my best customers were asking me about quotations and bills. They truly are good customers for asking for bills, most people easily forget bills if you do forget them yourself...

So I've been checking and of course, said person never sent most of the quotation and bills I prepared for no reason.
    She basically argues that eversince I started billing and quoting by myself, she can't manage the job anymore and it's my fault.
    But remember I started billing and quoting because she did not do that in the first place.
    I've been trying to implement a very easy way of tracking if documents are sent, no results, more bashing.
    It's indeed very sad. But very common too.

I guess next step will be sending everything myself, which in turn will probably get me more bashing... but at least we'll get new jobs and be paid for the ones we did...

All the things I really like to do are either illegal, immoral, or fattening. And then: Golf.

Maybe she's stringing you along in the hopes you'll make a house call with the kit. Then it's bow chicka chicka wow wow!

For God will not permit that we shall know what is to come... those who by some sorcery or by some dream might come to pierce the veil that lies so darkly over all that is before them may serve by just that vision to cause that God should wrench the world from its heading and set it upon another course altogether and then where stands the sorcerer? Where the dreamer and his dream?

Quote Originally Posted by David75 View Post
    I guess next step will be sending everything myself, which in turn will probably get me more bashing... but at least we'll get new jobs and be paid for the ones we did...
    Can't you get the person replaced? She's clearly not up to the task, for whatever psychological reason.

Well, it's something I can't do. I'll either have to change job or wait for her to retire (another 4-5 years...)

good thing is that I've been able to set things properly so that I do not need to go to the office anymore. I can do such administrative tasks from home, during peak road trafic hours and then meet customers and do the real job when it's better to move around. So it's not that a bad deal. Moreover, I get a better control of all that has to be done. Working from home is a good thing, when you really are able to manage.

All the things I really like to do are either illegal, immoral, or fattening. And then: Golf.

I checked a review for this rice cooker I want to buy... and the dumb chick gives it 2 stars because she and her husband don't use it much because they don't eat rice that often. What the fuck kind of review is that?

Awesome user with default custom title XanBcoo's Avatar
    Welp, at 24 I'm officially "too old for this shit".

I went to an electro/rave club for the first time. Filled with half-naked 15 year-olds wearing tutus and fuzzy leg warmers and baggy pants. There was a terrible DJ playing some awful "House" music that sounded like someone hitting a pipe with a hammer repeatedly while 5 or 6 twats intensely shuffled around the dancefloor without an ounce of grace.

Some fat girl asked me for drugs. I left shortly after to find people my own age.

<@Terra> he told me this, "man actually meeting terra is so fucking big", and he started crying. Then he bought me hot dogs

Quote Originally Posted by Animeniax View Post
    I checked a review for this rice cooker I want to buy... and the dumb chick gives it 2 stars because she and her husband don't use it much because they don't eat rice that often. What the fuck kind of review is that?
    Translation: "We're both really stupid, and this rice cooker requires too much effort to use, lol. It's not as easy as putting dry rice in and throwing water in. For some reason, it's "non-stick" but we also have to clean it. What's up with that? Totally false advertising! We would have returned it right away, but we're too lazy to go to the post office, so now we can't because it's been more than 30 days."

edit: Wait, I've got more.

"We never ate that much rice before we bought this, but asians are all skinny, and they all eat rice, so it must be healthy, right? But a rice cooker should be all automatic, right? We thought about suing for false advertising, but my husband's roommate is a lawyer, but he said it would be more expensive than the payout.

So...2/5 stars."
    Last edited by Ryllharu; Sun, 12-18-2011 at 07:06 AM.

I'm trying to be in the holiday spirit and be forgiving and patient with people, but it seems no one else gives a fuck that it's the holidays. Doesn't help that it's raining outside and people in Texas can't drive in any kind of weather except cloudy. Almost was in an accident because some idiot was talking on the phone while driving and didn't look both ways before driving through a T intersection in a parking lot.

Now I get to drive 3 hours to the folks' home. This should suck...

I guess the upside is that you were almost in an accident. How did the drive turn out? Did you end up having a good time at your parents' place?

The drive was much better than I expected, thanks for asking. People still drove like idiots, but not near me and I didn't let the crazy shit people were doing bother me so much. Being in Texas, you get a lot of cowboys driving giant pickup trucks like they think they're in sports cars... and it was raining so that didn't help.

The thing is, I only almost get into wrecks because I pay extra attention to avoid the idiots on the road. It's like I have to give 110% concentration because people only give 50% when they drive. It gets taxing and wears my nerves out having to drive on high alert all the time.

It can be taxing to be on high alert every time you get behind the wheel. It's like you have to always expect most everyone to be grossly selfish drivers who expect everyone else to pay attention for them...if that makes any sense.

Here we have a lot of people in minivans who like to drive like they own a Ferrari.

In any case, it's good to hear the drive was better than anticipated.

Awesome user with default custom title The Heretic Azazel's Avatar
    My incompetent fucking HR department has been taking insurance from my check for three weeks, I still haven't received my card, so I call the insurance company and THEY HAVEN'T EVEN RECEIVED THE FUCKING PAPERWORK. I really need to see a doctor for various problems, and I can't because I keep getting bullshitted around by HR, and I'm out $100 in deductions (thus far) for a service I can't even use.

I'm probably going to get fired if I have to talk to this moron again.
    "They call it 'The American Dream' because you have to be asleep to believe it" - George Carlin

Blog Entries
    Had a good time planned out for new year's and ended up staying home with a 40 degree fever and hallucinations.

Quote Originally Posted by Archangel View Post
    Had a good time planned out for new year's and ended up staying home with a 40 degree fever and hallucinations.
    Not as strong, but got a cold and very bad nights all my holiday week, when I do not even take lots of holidays... Seems like I should be better for work tomorrow...

I spent my NYE driving 320+ miles in 9 hours round trip to deliver a package to someone and run some errands. At first I dreaded the trip since it was completely unintended but necessary, then the weather and the drive itself turned out pretty awesome and relaxing. By the time I got home I was too tired to do anything to celebrate NYE, so I had dinner and a beer and passed out.

Hope you guys feel better.

I had that feeling in my throat for two days that suggests a cold is going to come one, but that was all it turned out to be..