Page 196 of 254 FirstFirst ... 96146186192193194195196197198199200206246 ... LastLast
Results 3,901 to 3,920 of 5064

Thread: The Bitching Thread

so, back to university, my third year (hopefully, the last year of my BA).
    three of my psychology classes seem to be fairly easy this semester: one is a complete joke (about literature and the clinical professions), and two other that I'll be able to get a good grade in with only one or two hour of reading each week.

the last course is a seminar that I'm taking with some 2nd degree students, about perception and intuition and what not. it's gonna be a real kick in the balls because I'm going to need to plan an experiment and learn to operate a special software for that.

I would have switched out, but there's no available alternative.

sig made by Itachi-y2k5, thanks, dude!
    Currently Watching: probably a show directed at 9 years old girls, lets be honest.

You know the important distinction between Batman and me? Batman is fictional. In real life, there isn't always an alternative.

Quote Originally Posted by Animeniax View Post
    Some asshole keyed my truck. Either it happened the last time I went to the store and just didn't notice it, or they did it while it was parked in my driveway. Probably some punk kids on Halloween (we didn't give out candy to the grubby little beggars). At least they were too chicken shit to do it to the door or hood. They only keyed the rear side panel of the bed. People suck. It's only a utility truck, but still... messing with a man's vehicle should get the perp a beating.
    That's pretty shitty. Keying a person's car is malicious and is very rarely justified. Did you have all the outside lights off at your house and as many interior lights off as possible so it at least looked like nobody was home?

Quote Originally Posted by fahoumh View Post
    That's pretty shitty. Keying a person's car is malicious and is very rarely justified. Did you have all the outside lights off at your house and as many interior lights off as possible so it at least looked like nobody was home?
    No, I didn't want to give the impression that the house was unoccupied at the time. I had the porch light off which is usually how you indicate that you're not giving out candy, but I still had a few people ring the door bell, which I ignored. I'm only assuming they keyed the truck because of that, it might have happened for other reasons though.

For God will not permit that we shall know what is to come... those who by some sorcery or by some dream might come to pierce the veil that lies so darkly over all that is before them may serve by just that vision to cause that God should wrench the world from its heading and set it upon another course altogether and then where stands the sorcerer? Where the dreamer and his dream?

It wouldn't surprise me if ignoring the door was the reason, assuming it was keyed while on your driveway. Well, in any case it's still pretty fucking shitty. We didn't give out candy this year so I insisted my mom park her car in the garage and luckily I was out so my car wasn't on the driveway.

We didn't bother because every past subsequent year there have been less and less kids...which raises a bitch: Why is there seemingly an annual decline of trick-or-treaters? I figure it's parents who are paranoid from the newscasts of tampered candy. And following that, what kind of sick fuck would deliberately sabotage candy to harm children?

Family Friendly Mascot Buffalobiian's Avatar
    It wouldn't surprise me if ignoring the door was the reason, assuming it was keyed while on your driveway. Well, in any case it's still pretty fucking shitty. We didn't give out candy this year so I insisted my mom park her car in the garage and luckily I was out so my car wasn't on the driveway.

We didn't bother because every past subsequent year there have been less and less kids...which raises a bitch: Why is there seemingly an annual decline of trick-or-treaters? I figure it's parents who are paranoid from the newscasts of tampered candy. And following that, what kind of sick fuck would deliberately sabotage candy to harm children?
    People who hate Trick-or-Treat?

Trick or Treat is by no means big here. I don't think I even had one person come this year. One time a kid came around, and we didn't have anything to give him. (biscuits?)

We said sorry for that, and he said sorry for bothering us. Yeah... spirit of Trick-or-Treat just isn't around..

If it's not Isuzu-chan Mii~

It wasn't the worst keying they could have perpetrated, so it might have been entirely random instead of spiteful. They only keyed the rear quarter panel of the truck bed, and it was really light and nothing offensive like a curse word or anything.

We had a shit load of trick-or-treaters this year. There were dozens of cars parked at the entrance to our subdivision. I guess since it's a middle-to-upper-middle class neighborhood everyone from outside visited to get candy, cause there were a lot of groups of kids out and about. I gave out candy last year but decided not to bother this year.

For God will not permit that we shall know what is to come... those who by some sorcery or by some dream might come to pierce the veil that lies so darkly over all that is before them may serve by just that vision to cause that God should wrench the world from its heading and set it upon another course altogether and then where stands the sorcerer? Where the dreamer and his dream?

The odd thing is that this is also a middle-to-upper-middle class neighbourhood and we used to always have a constant stream of kids from 6ish to at least 9:30 or 10. This year I was at my friends' place on the other side of town in a lower income area and there were 20 kids that came by, which was a huge decline compared to last year, according to my friends.

My school does not support people at an economic disadvantage.
    "Leaving hell is not the same as entering it." - Tierce Japhrimel

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Sapphire View Post
    The world doesn't support people at an economic disadvantage, only countries.

Family Friendly Mascot Buffalobiian's Avatar
    Schools normally do so? I always thought it was more of a social security thing.

If it's not Isuzu-chan Mii~

That's what state and community colleges are for.

Quote Originally Posted by Animeniax View Post
    That's what state and community colleges are for.
    No.

By "school", do you mean university? If so, there *may* be financial aid programs that are offered by the university but aren't really advertised by the school

My (former) university offered bursaries to all students and awarded basically free money, depending on the applicant's financial status and the little essay they write to explain why they need the money. The only thing was that the university didn't really advertise the program and I didn't hear about it until my 3rd year so I missed out on at least 2 or 3 thousand dollars, perhaps more. But my university is publicly funded, like many other universities in Ontario, so that probably has a lot to do with that bursary program.

Also, the government of Ontario offers a student loan program, and depending on your income you can qualify for a grant, in addition to the loan, which never has to be repaid.

Tired of getting the same email advertisement from companies every day for the last week. Jockey has sent the same 25% off + free shipping coupon email every day for a week. When will they get the message that it's not a good enough deal for me to bite??

Also, I can't believe it's Saturday night already. Third day of the four day weekend almost over .

Awesome user with default custom title The Heretic Azazel's Avatar
    Just looked in the mirror and saw ENTIRE PATCHES of white hair in my recently shaved beard stubble.

I'm too young for this shit.
    "They call it 'The American Dream' because you have to be asleep to believe it" - George Carlin

Quote Originally Posted by The Heretic Azazel View Post
    Just looked in the mirror and saw ENTIRE PATCHES of white hair in my recently shaved beard stubble.

I'm too young for this shit.
    Welcome to old age, friend. I have had a bunch of white hair since I was 19.

Awesome user with default custom title XanBcoo's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by rockmanj View Post
    Welcome to old age, friend. I have had a bunch of white hair since I was 19.
    Silver Fox! You'll be like Anderson Cooper.

...Sort of.

<@Terra> he told me this, "man actually meeting terra is so fucking big", and he started crying. Then he bought me hot dogs

Quote Originally Posted by Archangel View Post
    The world doesn't support people at an economic disadvantage, only countries.
    The US will support certain banks that are to the tune of about $20 trilllion (which is more than our GDP).

I quit my job. I finally had the last straw after being accused of stealing envelopes which I had asked her (some lady, bosses assistant) to take in advance. Like 4 envelopes. I think real low about people who physically flip out over benign things and can't control their anger.

And I only go 1.5 hours a week so the money was shit anyway when commuting costs $5 each time. Also annoyed about other shit, like how my clients were randomly switched out on me with no alerting, making it financially unstable. @_@

Too bad 'cuz otherwise the job is amazing.

Wow rough time to quit a job, with Christmas coming up and all. I'd say "at least you have more time with the family and loved ones during the holidays" but 1.5hrs/wk doesn't really cut into your time.

School is over so I'm working 30-35 hours a week at IT support and it's numbing my brain. I spend most of the afternoons in a half-asleep stupor. I end up talking to people and sounding really uninformed and silly.