Page 193 of 254 FirstFirst ... 93143183189190191192193194195196197203243 ... LastLast
Results 3,841 to 3,860 of 5064

Thread: The Bitching Thread

Lol, coming from you I take that as a compliment.
    ___
    ---------------------------- "THE DROPOUT CREW"--------------------------------
    ________Deblas, IfingHateTonTon, RyougaZell, dragonrage.________

________ we may fuck up alot but we always pull thru.

Family Friendly Mascot Buffalobiian's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by dragonrage View Post

Fifty something post ago, I had ask, pleaded and partially begged the powers of gotwoot to please let me remain a "Jounin" because I somewhat dislike the other titles that were up ahead and was attached to this one. But it was not meant to be, a moderator that shall be left nameless but whom I personally think is a pedophile deemed that the Tile that "Mis Nin" was befitting. Implying that I am treasonous in nature and I shall be branded that way.
    Hah. I was reading this and thought "there's no way he's not talking about me", but I didn't remember a damn thing. True enough, I wasn't far off.

- I didn't imply anything. You inferred it. (and what an inference it was, lol)
    - Moderators have nothing to do with what your title is.
    - As far as I can see right now (and back then), your title says "Jounin".

Funnily enough, I doubt the above points will make you feel any better about this. (I guess the first word of this post implies I laughed at your bitch..)

If it's not Isuzu-chan Mii~

I was at a low point yesterday and well that's what came out. Yes I was talking about you when I said I believe you're a pedophile.

It changed back because if I'm not wrong Shappi made the change after this was posted.

Look at the edit, you really should stop paraphrasing.

edited for spacing.
    Last edited by dragonrage; Sat, 09-17-2011 at 09:30 AM.
    ___

Family Friendly Mascot Buffalobiian's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by dragonrage View Post
    Look at the edit, you really should stop paraphrasing.
    I read your edit. You said that I wasn't implying that you were treacherous, and that I was laughing at your plea. The part about me thinking Mis Nin was befitting wasn't mentioned, nor did I say that neither. Since I didn't say that, I thought you probably inferred it (and still did since it wasn't corrected in your edit).

- Paraphrasing? What paraphrasing? Can't remember if it was with you that I had to (successfully) defend such accusations of paraphrasing..

Quote Originally Posted by DRage
    Yes I was talking about you when I said I believe you're a pedophile.
    Heh, well no shit you were talking about me.

Updating on the smoky smell: it's gone now

If it's not Isuzu-chan Mii~

Quote Originally Posted by Buffalobiian View Post
    I read your edit. You said that I wasn't implying that you were treacherous, and that I was laughing at your plea. The part about me thinking Mis Nin was befitting wasn't mentioned, nor did I say that neither. Since I didn't say that, I thought you probably inferred it (and still did since it wasn't corrected in your edit).

- Paraphrasing? What paraphrasing? Can't remember if it was with you that I had to (successfully) defend such accusations of paraphrasing..

Heh, well no shit you were talking about me.

Updating on the smoky smell: it's gone now

Sorry I don't write a disertation to explain myself.

Successfully? In what way exactly?

This thread is getting off course.

Good for you that the smokey smell is gone.
    ___

You ladies need to take this slapfest to PMs or irc.

“For God will not permit that we shall know what is to come... those who by some sorcery or by some dream might come to pierce the veil that lies so darkly over all that is before them may serve by just that vision to cause that God should wrench the world from its heading and set it upon another course altogether and then where stands the sorcerer? Where the dreamer and his dream?”

Well, this thread is for bitching.
    "Leaving hell is not the same as entering it." - Tierce Japhrimel

It's for bitching about life, not for bitching at each other.

You need to go re-read the mod manual.

edit: HA! Some fool neg repped me for "way to derail it when it's just resolved." I guess this fool thinks "Sorry I don't write a disertation to explain myself. Successfully? In what way exactly?"
    is heading towards resolution instead of tears and more mean words.

“For God will not permit that we shall know what is to come... those who by some sorcery or by some dream might come to pierce the veil that lies so darkly over all that is before them may serve by just that vision to cause that God should wrench the world from its heading and set it upon another course altogether and then where stands the sorcerer? Where the dreamer and his dream?”

Shut up. You just said this is about bitching about life, not each other. So don't go and do what you just finished saying shouldn't be done.

The next person posting about this subject and not about whatever is bothering him/her in life, will have a bit of extra free time to bitch about it outside of this forum.

What's bothering me is that I can't find vinegar above 10% concentration at usual shops. And I don't yet know any unusual stores to try... Such a bother. I have almost given up on finding hydrogen peroxide (from usual stores, not some fricking pharmacy).

My bitch is mods threatening to ban members from a forum that's near death because of that kind of shit modding. What ever happened to giving out warnings or just not being an a$$wipe of a mod? Masamuneehs syndrome.

What do you need super concentrated vinegar for anyway? You trying to get rid of dead bodies?

I'm not particularly looking for any glacial acetic acid, but at least 20-30% would be good, food grade (or whatever you English speakers call something that's suitable for human consumption and not contaminated by industrial toxins). That way I could use it both as an acid (to remove some calcification, for example) and when preparing food that needs added vinegar. Perhaps calling it vinegar in that sense was incorrect, but saying acetic acid might lead me sooner to stuff I wouldn't necessarily add to food. Or stuff too expensive. Still, I haven't yet looked around too hard.

From Wikipedia:

...The acetic acid concentration typically ranges from 4% to 8% by volume for table vinegar[2] and up to 18% for pickling vinegar.
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vinegar

I think 30% acetic acid may pose a threat (definitely in consistent long-term exposure). What you're looking for is called pickling vinegar and the Swedish references pickled Swedish cucumbers fluid (up to 18% which is pretty much the highest you can get for the best of both worlds).

Otherwise, I'd definitely look into having two separate acetic acid solutions - one for consumption (4-18%) and an industrial/laboratory one (20%), from a certified chemical distribution company, for your acid-related needs.

I have handled glacial acetic acid in labs numerous times in the past. It's actually pretty nasty stuff and if you aren't careful, you will end up with rusty steel all around you. It's also not too good for the atmosphere. However, acetic acid is more natural than many other acids, just like the pickled cucumbers prove, and thus I'd consider it nicer to keep in my closet than some nitric acid... 10% vinegar is sold everywhere, and for all I know it might actually be strong enough, but since I have some background in laboratories, I tend to think in terms of diluting stuff from stock liquids to the desired concentration. Due to that same background, I'm always getting these strange ideas of using chemicals for various purposes as a matter of fact, rather than buying some fancy brand cleaning solution in a bright bottle, with plenty of sweet fragrances added for the gullible.

"A certified chemical distribution company" will be my last resort. They might not even sell to individual people, only to institutions/registered companies and the prices/quantities won't likely be agreeable.

Awesome user with default custom title Uchiha Barles's Avatar
    Twice a year, without fail, twice a fucking year, I get sick with some cold and baterial infection in the upper respiratory track. It generally happens when the weather starts to change. The change was kind of abrupt this September and I got owned. Anyone have any ideas on how to prevent this from happening consistantly? I'm even ready to give alternative medicine a shot.
    "You are not free whose liberty is won by the rigour of other, more righteous souls. Your are merely protected. Your freedom is parasitic, you suck the honourable man dry and offer nothing in return. You who have enjoyed freedom, who have done nothing to earn it, your time has come. This time you will stand alone and fight for yourselves. Now you will pay for your freedom in the currency of honest toil and human blood."

- Inquisitor Czevak

Quote Originally Posted by Uchiha Barles View Post
    Twice a year, without fail, twice a fucking year, I get sick with some cold and baterial infection in the upper respiratory track. It generally happens when the weather starts to change. The change was kind of abrupt this September and I got owned. Anyone have any ideas on how to prevent this from happening consistantly? I'm even ready to give alternative medicine a shot.
    I used to have this problem (*knock on wood*) but steadily improved my immune system with diet and exercise. I used to get the flu/crud at least 2 times a year and then I'd be sickly for 2-3 weeks after. I did get a flu shot this year and didn't get sick when everyone else was sick.

I also started being real instead of nice, so if a sick person got anywhere near me, I'd make a direct comment and move away from them, even if it meant treating them like a pariah.

2-3 weeks? That sucks; I get sick like 1 time a year and it only lasts a week tops.
    -----------------

I haven't caught the real flu for a few years now, only the common cold occasionally, but that passes quickly enough without much ado. I realised last winter that I might have a chance to get the flu vaccination for free via my work (though it was too late last winter already when I noticed the possibility). I'll need to research the situation now that it's getting topical once again.

Quote Originally Posted by Uchiha Barles View Post

You need to improve your immune system. Take vitamins, specifically Vitamin B-12 regularly. Also try drinking ginger tea when the weather starts changing drastically and wear a scarf. Protect your neck, back and chest. At night you might want to try rubbing your chest, back and sinus passage with Vick's or something to keep it clear when your body is at rest. Also get enough rest. You should consult your doctor about it. He might prescribe some antibiotics, nasal spray and whatnot.

good luck.
    ___

I've known plenty of rotund jolly fellows who rarely got sick, so general health with diet and exercise may not be the answer. But I think your life will benefit from diet, exercise, and getting proper sleep.

Awesome user with default custom title Uchiha Barles's Avatar
    I definitely get a lot of exercise. I practice martial arts 3 to 5 times a week with an instructor, and alone or with partners at least twice a week on days I don't meet with the instructor. The sessions are 3 hours on weekdays, 5 on weekends, and we cover the gamut including cardio, flexibility, strength training and endurance, in addition to forms and techniques. My diet isn't terrible at all, in that it's well balanced, I eat fruits and veggies as snacks, no junk, though I suppose including some supplements is one of the places I could improve. Sleep...that could definitely be improved on. On some of my busier days I end up with 2 hours of sleep and this can happen from once every other week to twice a week. On a lot of the good days, I still only get 6 hours. I'm just not sure how I'm going to improve my sleep schedule at this point in my life, but it looks like I have a lot to gain by doing so.
    "You are not free whose liberty is won by the rigour of other, more righteous souls. Your are merely protected. Your freedom is parasitic, you suck the honourable man dry and offer nothing in return. You who have enjoyed freedom, who have done nothing to earn it, your time has come. This time you will stand alone and fight for yourselves. Now you will pay for your freedom in the currency of honest toil and human blood."

- Inquisitor Czevak