Page 191 of 254 FirstFirst ... 91141181187188189190191192193194195201241 ... LastLast
Results 3,801 to 3,820 of 5064

Thread: The Bitching Thread

Awesome user with default custom title XanBcoo's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by dragonrage View Post
    What age group are you teaching Xan? Might want to consider making a wall of shame and a wall for excellence. Might help them become more motivated.

Depends on your teaching approach too, might want to try a rewards system and group system or something.
    9th graders - 14 and 15 year-olds.

I do lots of pair-share activities every period where partners take turns pronouncing things and asking questions to each other. In a class of 32, that is hard to monitor perfectly, however.

I am going to devise a rewards system, though. "Correction does much, but encouragement everything".

<@Terra> he told me this, "man actually meeting terra is so fucking big", and he started crying. Then he bought me hot dogs

Blog Entries
    I was gonna suggest a reward system as well... but by the way you describe them i don't think i'd want to reward those little shits in any way

Quote Originally Posted by Animeniax View Post
    Other countries have 3 day holiday weekends too. Welcome to a forum hosted and populated with 95% Americans and other countries that have 3 day holiday weekends.
    Even for you this comment is just insanely retarded; you said "the" 3 day holiday weekend, and not a. This indicates that you assume everyone that read your comment knows you meant labor day...fuck you could've just said labor day weekend. It's that mentality I bitched about.
    And no this forum isn't 95% americans, I can deal with your terrible replies, but don't pull completely made up statistics out of your ass to justify your ignorant behaviour.
    -----------------

Group activities: meaning groups of 4 or 5 give them assignments such as translations or correct response to a question/s and such. Allow them sufficient time to work on it , have them nominate someone to write part of the assignment on the board and someone else to verbally speak it out for the class. Each group have to do this. That way the class can give their input and you won't have to do as much corrections because the class will be helping to correct themselves.

Count the group grade as quiz that goes towards final grading

Anyways good luck
    ___
    ---------------------------- "THE DROPOUT CREW"--------------------------------
    ________Deblas, IfingHateTonTon, RyougaZell, dragonrage.________

________ we may fuck up alot but we always pull thru.

Quote Originally Posted by darkshadow View Post
    Even for you this comment is just insanely retarded; you said "the" 3 day holiday weekend, and not a. This indicates that you assume everyone that read your comment knows you meant labor day...fuck you could've just said labor day weekend. It's that mentality I bitched about.
    And no this forum isn't 95% americans, I can deal with your terrible replies, but don't pull completely made up statistics out of your ass to justify your ignorant behaviour.
    My point wasn't that it was Labor day holiday, my point was that I was wasting yet another 3 day weekend (3 days courtesy of a holiday). Somehow you managed to home in on an inconsequential aspect of my statement and ran with it.

@Xan: better idea is to make them do the exercises in front of the class. The ridicule of their classmates will be their motivator.

For God will not permit that we shall know what is to come... those who by some sorcery or by some dream might come to pierce the veil that lies so darkly over all that is before them may serve by just that vision to cause that God should wrench the world from its heading and set it upon another course altogether and then where stands the sorcerer? Where the dreamer and his dream?

Ofcourse your point wasn't about which holiday it was, that was mine; reading comprehension failure. I was bitching about a far too prevelant ignorant american mentality that you displayed, perhaps unknowingly, which annoys me. That's all, now move along I'm not doing this retarded back and forth with you.
    -----------------

A little late for you to "not [do] this retarded back and forth with [me]".

For God will not permit that we shall know what is to come... those who by some sorcery or by some dream might come to pierce the veil that lies so darkly over all that is before them may serve by just that vision to cause that God should wrench the world from its heading and set it upon another course altogether and then where stands the sorcerer? Where the dreamer and his dream?

Quote Originally Posted by Animeniax View Post
    I say bring back the paddle.

My bitch: spent the 3 day holiday weekend not doing much at all and I feel like I'm wasting my life.
    Gah...me too. No wonder that Nick Fury discussion has gone on for as long as it has. /me is a bum

Quote Originally Posted by rockmanj View Post
    Gah...me too. No wonder that Nick Fury discussion has gone on for as long as it has. /me is a bum
    What's weird is that you (from what I've read of you) and I have both done a lot in our lives and have nothing to be ashamed of as far as wasting time and occasionally taking a breather.

For me it's the absence of some of the milestones in life that make me regret how I've spent considerable swaths of my time. I'm close to checking off another milestone (college degree) but now I'm suffering senioritis so I'll be lucky to finish as planned. But it's also little things that I wish I had done this weekend but didn't do, like go to the gym, go running at the park, take my dog to the dog park, or go see a live music show. Instead I played hours and hours of Borderlands DLC, watched 3 movies, and slept a lot.

I can say that I spent two of the four evenings tending my front lawn, which was rewarding, since I got a notice from the HOA that my unkempt lawn was in violation of HOA policy. My lawn is now in an acceptable state.

The meaning of vacations and even just weekends is to give a break to workers so that they can recharge their batteries (to again be able to give their all at work, from the capatalist swine's pov). If it was something called a Labor day holiday, then all the more so, because it was the labour unions a hundred years ago that rallied for those breaks in the first place. Thus it's quite wrong to worry about not working like a draught animal during a holiday.

Family Friendly Mascot Buffalobiian's Avatar
    A productive holiday is a wasted holiday.

If it's not Isuzu-chan Mii~

I take it easy most of the time, so I spend holidays doing stuff I didn't take care of during easier times.

Awesome user with default custom title UChessmaster's Avatar
    My boyfriend dumped me, said i wasn`t the one, only took him 1.5 years to realise this. I ate a whole pizza.
    You cannot hope to build a better world without improving the individuals. To that end each of us must work for his own improvement, and at the same time share a general responsibility for all humanity, our particular duty being to aid those to whom we think we can be most useful. -Marie Curie

well, a douche.

what's the legal status of gay couples where you live? and more importantly - did you plan on him being 'the one'?

Blog Entries
    Your penis was too good for him anyway Chess

Awesome user with default custom title UChessmaster's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Death BOO Z View Post
    well, a douche.

what's the legal status of gay couples where you live? and more importantly - did you plan on him being 'the one'?
    My country doesn`t acknowledge the existence of gay people, we WERE planning on marrying on NYC though.

Quote Originally Posted by Archangel
    Your penis was too good for him anyway Chess
    True that.
    You cannot hope to build a better world without improving the individuals. To that end each of us must work for his own improvement, and at the same time share a general responsibility for all humanity, our particular duty being to aid those to whom we think we can be most useful. -Marie Curie

Sorry to hear about that. Don't eat too many pizzas!

With the world coming to an end, I checked my emergency supplies of food and found that they were mostly expired or soon to expire. Who'd have thought canned food would go bad so quickly? I only bought them 2 years ago. I've spent the last couple days eating soon-to-expire canned soup and beans.

@Uchessmaster: that sucks man. But like they say, better to have loved and lost, than never to have blah blah blah. Some things weren't meant to be I guess.

Family Friendly Mascot Buffalobiian's Avatar
    Canned foods have exp dates? I thought they only had best before..

If it's not Isuzu-chan Mii~

Oh cool, forgot there was a difference. Still, wouldn't want to eat food at less than optimum taste and quality when you're sitting in your bunker waiting for the end of humanity to arrive. Time to go shopping.