Page 173 of 254 FirstFirst ... 73123163169170171172173174175176177183223 ... LastLast
Results 3,441 to 3,460 of 5064

Thread: The Bitching Thread

Family Friendly Mascot Buffalobiian's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Xelbair View Post
    Yesterday something weird happened to me while i was driving my car...
    my gas pedal(on a side note - it has automatic transition) froze after i pushed it slightly and it fell to the floor - while i was on the street.
    probably spring got frozen and it's parameters changed so it was extremely hard.
    Nothing bad happned other than me getting very scared.
    As in the pedal fell off onto the floor, or it fell backwards (ie was pushed back) to the floor?

In any case, good thing it chose the right pedal to malfunction.

If it's not Isuzu-chan Mii~

Pedal was 'glued' to the floor, and spring would not push it back.
    It was even worse than brake malfunction - because if there was brake malfunction i could somehow stop going faster - even with handbrake - without turning the engine off.
    I've had to quickly change gear to neutral and turn off the engine.
    Number of works of fiction that made me shed at least one tear: 3
    Thou seeketh soul power, dost thou not?
    TOX: 33524385841A92B08787EEBEBA2DB51ED293C4F15A2E292F3F C92165E82388281433A77EA8FE

Quote Originally Posted by Xelbair View Post
    Pedal was 'glued' to the floor, and spring would not push it back.
    It was even worse than brake malfunction - because if there was brake malfunction i could somehow stop going faster - even with handbrake - without turning the engine off.
    I've had to quickly change gear to neutral and turn off the engine.
    Oh. I misunderstood the nature of your problem then.

All the cars I've seen here in Australia have the pedals suspended from above.

One of my classes in political sciences requires me to write a short paper with two other students, and it's due this Thursday.

we're a three men team, and somehow, it feels like I've done everything.
    choice of topic? me. general idea of the paper? I did that. every single word in it? me again.
    it's not a serious paper, but it annoys me that I practically wrote every bit of it. every time we met I asked suggested "this week, we should focus on this part and this part, I'm going to do this one...", and a week later, I meet them again, and nothing.

they're decent and fun people, but they don't pull their weight for shit. I sent them a draft for the paper and got nothing from them, I had to ask my dad to review it.

and one of them even had to nerve to say "I know I didn't do much work, so when all of this is over, I'd like to take you two out for beer". dumbass.

I hate working with other people. I hate to be the guy that doesn't do anything, and I hate to be the guy that does everything.

I'm too sick and tired of the paper that I don't bother even fixing the parts that I know they need redoing.

sig made by Itachi-y2k5, thanks, dude!
    Currently Watching: probably a show directed at 9 years old girls, lets be honest.

You know the important distinction between Batman and me? Batman is fictional. In real life, there isn't always an alternative.

I didn't get the job for this pharmacy internship I was trialling out for. It was down to me and some other person, and the boss had to choose between my better communication/customer service/medication counselling and the other guy's prescription processing speed.

Being a small (size of someone's bedroom?) pharmacy that had the pharmacist do everything pretty much (with only one other assistant on), they chose the applicant who was more efficient at doing scripts.

Truth be told, I was going to look for another place since this wasn't very "proper" (they cut corners with prescription handling, and the way some things are don't can't be described as professional), but it would have been good to have at least one job guaranteed.

Stupid saturated job market.

It doesn't look like I'll get into medicine next month neither. The coming year doesn't look too flash.

Lactose intolerance is a bitch - and it's a pain in the ass to pay a premium for the same branded products made for lactose intolerance people and/or lactase pills.

Especially during this time of year, when egg nog is the elixer of angels' sweat, I'm just drinking fruit juice instead.

Also, hot chocolate's a no-no as well, along with double-double coffees, ice creams and everything else with high lactose content!

Quote Originally Posted by enkoujin View Post
    Lactose intolerance is a bitch - and it's a pain in the ass to pay a premium for the same branded products made for lactose intolerance people and/or lactase pills.

Especially during this time of year, when egg nog is the elixer of angels' sweat, I'm just drinking fruit juice instead.

Also, hot chocolate's a no-no as well, along with double-double coffees, ice creams and everything else with high lactose content!
    I know your pain, my lactase-deficient brother. I eat dairy products anyway, and pay for it with gas and bloating and general discomfort. It's worth it, usually.

For God will not permit that we shall know what is to come... those who by some sorcery or by some dream might come to pierce the veil that lies so darkly over all that is before them may serve by just that vision to cause that God should wrench the world from its heading and set it upon another course altogether and then where stands the sorcerer? Where the dreamer and his dream?

There are fortunately lactose free dairy products available quite broadly here but they sure cost more like Enkoujin said.

Quote Originally Posted by Animeniax View Post
    I know your pain, my lactase-deficient brother. I eat dairy products anyway, and pay for it with gas and bloating and general discomfort. It's worth it, usually.
    That's fairly minor though, isn't it?

Some people shit their guts out if they try to test fate even just a little.

Burning out, no really... David75's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Death BOO Z View Post
    One of my classes in political sciences requires me to write a short paper with two other students, and it's due this Thursday.

choice of topic? me. general idea of the paper? I did that. every single word in it? me again.
    it's not a serious paper, but it annoys me that I practically wrote every bit of it. every time we met I asked suggested "this week, we should focus on this part and this part, I'm going to do this one...", and a week later, I meet them again, and nothing.

they're decent and fun people, but they don't pull their weight for shit. I sent them a draft for the paper and got nothing from them, I had to ask my dad to review it.

and one of them even had to nerve to say "I know I didn't do much work, so when all of this is over, I'd like to take you two out for beer". dumbass.

I hate working with other people. I hate to be the guy that doesn't do anything, and I hate to be the guy that does everything.

I'm too sick and tired of the paper that I don't bother even fixing the parts that I know they need redoing.
    Been there, done that.
    Except it was a full week work on my part, no help at all. We were supposed to be 4, did that all alone. Got the second best mark of all the classes doing this (second year, engineering). The only thanks I got for that, from one of those that shoud have worked on it: the result is not that good... Bummer, you never ever had first or second place in anything and you criticize someone that did your shit and placed you there, all alone when this was supposed to be teamwork.
    So yes, it also pains me that I have to work alone. As time passes, I measure the great inefficiency it represents, I also admire great teamwork at play when I witness it. I'm just unable to be part of it or never ever had the chance to -probably for problems on my part-.
    At the end of the day, regardless of how small things I did are, I did them all and no one shall ever try to steal that from me.

Dairy products:
    I know the pain too. Thing is, I seldomly eat pre-processed food. Less problems/risks and taste is often better. You only have to know how to cook for yourself, it's also easier when you live with someone who also knows how to cook, and cares for you too.

All the things I really like to do are either illegal, immoral, or fattening. And then: Golf.

Quote Originally Posted by Death BOO Z View Post

I used to be better at team work. Actually, "better" is kinda subjective, now that I think about it, since communication is also a part of "good" teamwork.

I think I used to work harder as part of a team (though it's also true to say I used to work harder in general), but now I find that I don't do as much "prior preparation" work as much as I could. What often happens in my case is that someone takes the lead in the beginning and starts organising everything and setting out tasks for everyone. I'd be lying if I said I got those allocated tasks done every time.

My worth tends to come in during meetings in:

1) "paraphrasing" for members so that others can understand them. This is different from translating in that it's not a language barrier, but more of an "expression" barrier. Somehow I'm better at understanding what other people are trying to say and expressing that in a form that the rest of the team will understand than any other person I've worked with so far.

2) Thinking of ideas or developing other people's ideas into something workable.

3) Breaking silences.

In oral presentations, I'm also always the guy who has the job of answering all the questions afterwards (the responses are marked.)

Overall, I'd say I'm not very good as a team member when it comes to prior preparation of material. "On the spot", "quick thinking" and "getting through sticky questions" is where I'd say I my input lies - whatever that's worth.

Talking about allergies, some of you may remember my allergy to Toohey's Extra Dry from last time. From my recent vacation trip, I've reacted to a particular Sapporo product that I don't quite remember, but I'm fine with Tsing tao, and every wine/sake I've tried.

I've yet to pinpoint what it is that I'm having an itchy, generally unwell rash to exactly.
    Last edited by Buffalobiian; Fri, 12-24-2010 at 10:11 AM.

Speaking of allergies, classes start next week and I haven't been able to hit the gym because of cedar allergies and a bronchial upper respiratory infection. I'm on antibiotics for only the second time in 5 years, so that's a plus. Because of all the sinus medication I've been taking, I've got dry eye so I'm wearing glasses because my contacts are drying out too much. These coke-bottle glasses are from a prescription that is 7 years old, but they still work.

I won't be able to go make a good buffed up impression on the girls in my new classes. Maybe my CHL will impress them.

For God will not permit that we shall know what is to come... those who by some sorcery or by some dream might come to pierce the veil that lies so darkly over all that is before them may serve by just that vision to cause that God should wrench the world from its heading and set it upon another course altogether and then where stands the sorcerer? Where the dreamer and his dream?

Blog Entries
    How stereotypical of you, Ani

Quote Originally Posted by Archangel View Post
    How stereotypical of you, Ani
    Which part, the physiological weakness or the desire to impress women?

Blog Entries
    The desire to impress women comes from being a dude, it isn't as much a stereotype as it is human nature

I was referring to the allergies, next you'll tell me you wear a headgear too.

These coke-bottle glasses are from a prescription that is 7 years old, but they still work.
    I prefer old prescription glasses. New ones give you headaches or eye-aches for a while and render your old ones useless.

Quote Originally Posted by Archangel View Post
    The desire to impress women comes from being a dude, it isn't as much a stereotype as it is human nature
    True but it's only acceptable to varying degrees before it's considered pathetic.

I was referring to the allergies, next you'll tell me you wear a headgear too.
    If you knew my background you wouldn't be so judgmental.

To be honest I thought you were giving me shit for bragging that I'm working on my CHL.

Quote Originally Posted by Buffalobiian
    I prefer old prescription glasses. New ones give you headaches or eye-aches for a while and render your old ones useless.
    I prefer my contacts. Glasses are such a hindrance, and so uncool.

Blog Entries
    I'm not dissing you or anything, i'm just saying it's funny for a geek such as yourself ( or me, 95% of this forum is comprised of geeks ) to have those kinds of allergies

It's like when you see a bunch of black men playing basketball, i can't help but chuckle a bit

Awesome user with default custom title XanBcoo's Avatar
    True but it's only acceptable to varying degrees before it's considered pathetic.
    Oh...

It's like when you see a bunch of black men playing basketball, i can't help but chuckle a bit
    That's not a physical attribute, though. I'd say it's more similar to seeing a short Asian or a Jew with a big nose.

<@Terra> he told me this, "man actually meeting terra is so fucking big", and he started crying. Then he bought me hot dogs

Quote Originally Posted by XanBcoo View Post
    ROFL
    Quote Originally Posted by Xan

That's not a physical attribute, though. I'd say it's more similar to seeing a short Asian or a Jew with a big nose.
    But that's not stereotypical...