Page 149 of 254 FirstFirst ... 4999139145146147148149150151152153159199249 ... LastLast
Results 2,961 to 2,980 of 5064

Thread: The Bitching Thread

Here in the US capital of inconsiderate asshole drivers who are convinced they are the best drivers on the road, New England, I sincerely wish that our driver exams were so rigorous. I guarantee that if everyone here was retested, 80-90% would fail.

Just remember, driving is a privilege, not a right.

Driving may be a privilege, but it's also a necessity. I would never drive if there was a decent public transportation system where I live. In the 1950s GM conspired to have the local train station demolished. Now the only way to get around is by car.
    "Samsonlonghair - The Defender of the Oppressed And Shunned!" -Kraco

Family Friendly Mascot Buffalobiian's Avatar
    Are road rule lessons compulsory, or just something you can choose to do?

Here you just have to pass the road-rule test to get your Learner's License. I just studied the book for a week. I would imagine sitting through a class to be quite boring.

The whole "people die when they are killed" is a bit overboard though I think. If people don't get that idea from the start, I doubt they'll get if after you say it a few times in a classroom.

If it's not Isuzu-chan Mii~

Benevolent Dictator
    Blog Entries
    Thinking of crazy driving ...

so my area's getting pounded tonight by what the weather folks are calling "nor-Ida" (because it's the intersection of a noreaster and the remnants of hurricane Ida. And I'm driving home at like 8:30, because I spent a bunch of time in the gym. Middle of a downpour, doing like 45 on the highway, and had three near misses in a stretch of 1000 feet. First was a guy in the left lane encroaching on mine, right next to me, which I had to swerve and hit the brakes to avoid a collision. Second was the aftermath of a previous collision, which involved 4 cars stopped in the middle two lanes of the four "through lanes". No flashers, no brake lights, just tail lights. Come on folks, put on your damned flashers if you're going to park in the middle of a busy highway!

Then as I slid around to avoid that, someone zips past me at about 85 and cuts me off, coming within about 6 inches of my front bumper. This while I'm down to the upper 30's, and going faster than most of the traffic.

Anyway, at least that last guy got pulled over a mile later, which made me happy. Probably woulda been better if the cop were back at the accident site cluing people in to the fact that there were two lanes blocked by wreckage though ...

I like driving, a lot more than taking public transit. But sometimes it's just like ... what the heck are these people doing, ya know?

Awesome user with default custom title itadakimasu's Avatar
    why would you use an email service that issues a challenge response email to anybody who emails you? If I have to email somebody, click on a link, and type a captcha message each time I email them, i'm not going to bother emailing them.

No it was literally like that statement - here is one of quotes "sign 'dangerous turn ahead' means that there is dangerous turn ahead"...and asshole drivers are here as common as in the us, i think. Unfortunately the lessons are obligatory, that is if i want to get a driving license.
    Number of works of fiction that made me shed at least one tear: 3
    Thou seeketh soul power, dost thou not?
    TOX: 33524385841A92B08787EEBEBA2DB51ED293C4F15A2E292F3F C92165E82388281433A77EA8FE

I sent my graphics card back for warranty.

ETA: 6wks ~ 3 months.

Quote Originally Posted by Buffalobiian
    I sent my graphics card back for warranty.

ETA: 6wks ~ 3 months.
    That's pitiful. Back when I got a video card with the tv-out dead, it took exactly a week for me to get a new one. That was understandable seeing how the store first sent it somewhere, they verified it's broken, and sent the replacement card to the store.

But 6 weeks - 3 months... Did you ask them if it's absolutely necessary for them to tape the card to the back of a tortoise for transportation?

Burning out, no really... David75's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Kraco
    That's pitiful. Back when I got a video card with the tv-out dead, it took exactly a week for me to get a new one. That was understandable seeing how the store first sent it somewhere, they verified it's broken, and sent the replacement card to the store.

But 6 weeks - 3 months... Did you ask them if it's absolutely necessary for them to tape the card to the back of a tortoise for transportation?

Well I can bitch about that too....

In France, for many products, you have to wait 4 weeks to several months to get a part replaced... only after you spent weeks negociating with your french representative that the part is dead and under warranty and they have to replace it.
    Then you wait long weeks/months, then it arrives in France, and then you have to negociate again for weeks to get the part from their company to you...
    Goods usually come from china, via boat...

In the end, for some products, I found a better quality alternative directly from China, where they get their goods...
    Things are:
    Price is 1/10th or even 1/20th (I have one example even lower) the price paid in France, even with airmail...
    I receive goods in about 10 days
    I don't care if some fail on me, because I can fry 10 before it costs me the price of one here
    If I have some fry on me, I only need 10 days at most to get a replacement if I have a shortage.

The person I work with in China is pleasant, has a relatively good english.

Representative in France, for same products are most of the time unpleasant, even more when there's an RMA involved... so Screw them, there's no meaning in ordering those parts from them other than being screwed yourself.

All the things I really like to do are either illegal, immoral, or fattening. And then: Golf.

Flash player 10.1 is pretty awesome for ati stream computing users, cause it enables HW accelerated flash playing.
    Too bad it only videos on gametrailers.com actually play.............
    -----------------

Awesome user with default custom title itadakimasu's Avatar
    I went to Frys w\ my wife so she could get something her mom needed... anyhow, we got there 5 minutes before closing so we were rushing, found what she wanted and I was thinking of buying MW2 for PC, which wow... how could they not have?

Anyhow, walking back across the store this book caught my eye, and there was just 1. These shelves are like.... 2 feet deep, it was the 2nd to bottom shelf and just 1 book was there. I go into pick it up... and Fuck me if I didn't slam my forehead full force into the shelf.

Srsly... it was painful and I then tried to play it off despite having clearly been seen by at least 2 frys employees. I iced it when I got home but am hoping it's not dark purple when I wake up in the morning... I have a pretty good sized egg on my forehead : (

I bought MW2 for pc, and guess what? it won't run.
    there is some damned bug there that prevents it from running, steam blames activision and vice versa... great goddamnit - i can't even get my cash back because this is steam-only game.
    and the funny part is - the pirated version worked without any problems..
    TOX: 33524385841A92B08787EEBEBA2DB51ED293C4F15A2E292F3F C92165E82388281433A77EA8FE

Quote Originally Posted by Xelbair
    there is some damned bug there that prevents it from running, steam blames activision and vice versa... great goddamnit - i can't even get my cash back because this is steam-only game.
    I don't suppose you can run the pirated version using your proper key/steam account without getting banned by VAC, can you?

Nope, that vers got its steam ripped off.
    I'll see what responses i shall get from activision and valve, but from what i heard from other fora it will be like "Its valve's steam fault!" and the valve response will be similar "It is activision's problem"

Quote Originally Posted by Xelbair
    Maybe you should post something about this in the "help me" threads, complete with errors and your PC setup. Might be something as simple as a driver update or some other app running in the background that's causing the problem.

For God will not permit that we shall know what is to come... those who by some sorcery or by some dream might come to pierce the veil that lies so darkly over all that is before them may serve by just that vision to cause that God should wrench the world from its heading and set it upon another course altogether and then where stands the sorcerer? Where the dreamer and his dream?

That was covered in some faq - I've tried everything solution possible.

Ugh. I just spent the past 7 hours in the Emergency Room with an IV in my arm and a pulse of 124. After going through 4 bags of fluid, some Morphine, and something called Zofran, I don't feel any better. Clear liquids and saltines will be my meals for the next few days, while waiting for the bacteria to pass.
    Last edited by Marik; Thu, 12-10-2009 at 09:48 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Marik
    Ugh. I just spent the past 7 hours in the Emergency Room with an IV in my arm and a pulse of 124. After going through 4 bags of fluid, some Morphine, and something called Zofran, I don't feel any better. Clear liquids and saltines will be my meals for the next few days, while waiting for the bacteria to pass.
    If it doesn't kill you, it can only make you stronger.

For God will not permit that we shall know what is to come... those who by some sorcery or by some dream might come to pierce the veil that lies so darkly over all that is before them may serve by just that vision to cause that God should wrench the world from its heading and set it upon another course altogether and then where stands the sorcerer? Where the dreamer and his dream?

Yet even ICU, 4 bags of IV fluid, morphine, and something called Zofran won't stop Marik from posting release updates. Truly hardcore.

Oh, so that's why the Naruto release update was late.

I shall delete that hate mail and send you a get-well-soon card instead

PS: Did you eat something bad?