Page 143 of 254 FirstFirst ... 4393133139140141142143144145146147153193243 ... LastLast
Results 2,841 to 2,860 of 5064

Thread: The Bitching Thread

Good grief, man. My cousin has an '07 STi and he tells me they're not easy to work on. Well I hope at least the installation goes without a hitch.

Was having a text convo with an awesome actress chick (read waitress) and then after I asked her what she's doing this evening..... ..... .....I dropped my phone in the hot tub.

Seriously...I can see 3 text messages in my inbox, but the buttons don't work, so I can't read them. Now I need to get a new phone.

fml

Edit: On the bright side, I had realized just a day or two prior that if my phone was to somehow break down, there were certain people I would have no way of getting back in contact with. Luckily I copied those numbers down.

Edit2: Also, thank god for google voice
    10/4/04 - 8/20/07

Neighbors called police that me and my friend were playing too loud on drums/guitar.
    a) it was before 10 PM(therefore legal here).
    b) we weren't even playing loudly!
    c) they could go to us and talk if they were annoyed instead of calling police.

and that this phone probably wont be released outside japan... I would love to have one.
    http://www.sankakucomplex.com/2009/0...he-east-phone/
    Number of works of fiction that made me shed at least one tear: 3
    Thou seeketh soul power, dost thou not?
    TOX: 33524385841A92B08787EEBEBA2DB51ED293C4F15A2E292F3F C92165E82388281433A77EA8FE

Quote Originally Posted by Xelbair
    Neighbors called police that me and my friend were playing too loud on drums/guitar.
    a) it was before 10 PM(therefore legal here).
    b) we weren't even playing loudly!
    c) they could go to us and talk if they were annoyed instead of calling police.

and that this phone probably wont be released outside japan... I would love to have one.
    http://www.sankakucomplex.com/2009/0...he-east-phone/
    I've always tried to give people a chance and talk to them directly when there are issues or concerns, especially if someone else brings them to my attention but won't say anything to the actual people involved. It's rarely worked out. Either the troublemakers were offended and defiant, or they thought I was the one with the problem with them, in which case they were offended and defiant. I'm learning it's best to backdoor people rather than give them a chance to correct themselves.

For God will not permit that we shall know what is to come... those who by some sorcery or by some dream might come to pierce the veil that lies so darkly over all that is before them may serve by just that vision to cause that God should wrench the world from its heading and set it upon another course altogether and then where stands the sorcerer? Where the dreamer and his dream?

Quote Originally Posted by Assertn
    Was having a text convo with an awesome actress chick (read waitress) and then after I asked her what she's doing this evening..... ..... .....I dropped my phone in the hot tub.

Seriously...I can see 3 text messages in my inbox, but the buttons don't work, so I can't read them. Now I need to get a new phone.

fml

Edit: On the bright side, I had realized just a day or two prior that if my phone was to somehow break down, there were certain people I would have no way of getting back in contact with. Luckily I copied those numbers down.

Edit2: Also, thank god for google voice
    I'd wager if you take the battery out and dip the phone in de-ionized or distilled water then let it dry completely you may be able to get it working again.
    When man invented the bicycle he reached the peak of his attainments. Here was a machine of precision and balance for the convenience of man. And (unlike subsequent inventions for man's convenience) the more he used it, the fitter his body became. Here, for once, was a product of man's brain that was entirely beneficial to those who used it, and of no harm or irritation to others. Progress should have stopped when man invented the bicycle. ~Elizabeth West, Hovel in theHills

I've heard burying it into rice for a few days works as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Ryllharu
    Ohh, so since the phone is made by Asians, rice will make it all better? Is that what you're saying?? You racist bastard.

For God will not permit that we shall know what is to come... those who by some sorcery or by some dream might come to pierce the veil that lies so darkly over all that is before them may serve by just that vision to cause that God should wrench the world from its heading and set it upon another course altogether and then where stands the sorcerer? Where the dreamer and his dream?

Awesome user with default custom title XanBcoo's Avatar
    Unless you take care of the problem within a few hours then you're phone is pretty much screwed, though. I left my avatar phone in the washing machine a year or two ago, but I was able to save it because I acted quickly.

Basically anything that will suck the moisture out is going to be good for it. Leaving it under a hot lamp, burying it in rice, putting it in the fridge, etc. Best option is using those silicon pellets that come packaged with electronics, since that's what they're for in the first place.

<@Terra> he told me this, "man actually meeting terra is so fucking big", and he started crying. Then he bought me hot dogs

I did that when i spilled coke on my phone and it started freaking out, worked like a charm.

Quote Originally Posted by XanBcoo
    Unless you take care of the problem within a few hours then you're phone is pretty much screwed, though. I left my avatar phone in the washing machine a year or two ago, but I was able to save it because I acted quickly.

Basically anything that will suck the moisture out is going to be good for it. Leaving it under a hot lamp, burying it in rice, putting it in the fridge, etc. Best option is using those silicon pellets that come packaged with electronics, since that's what they're for in the first place.
    Interestingly enough my phone appeared to have fixed itself.

At first the buttons were behaving completely differently.
    Then an hour or so later, it would refuse to boot up.
    Then a few hours after, it would boot up, but no buttons worked, then it would shut down.
    The next morning, same thing, followed by constant vibration.
    Then I buy an iphone.
    This morning I try it again, and everything works fine.
    10/4/04 - 8/20/07

Quote Originally Posted by XanBcoo
    Best option is using those silicon pellets that come packaged with electronics, since that's what they're for in the first place.
    I have been collecting silica gel for while. Last weekend I finally bought a suitable oven safe container with a tight, stretching silicone wrap lid. Gotta regenerate the silica gel one of these days and keep it tightly under that wrap. Just in case I drop my phone into water.

Awesome user with default custom title XanBcoo's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Assertn
    Interestingly enough my phone appeared to have fixed itself.

At first the buttons were behaving completely differently.
    Then an hour or so later, it would refuse to boot up.
    Then a few hours after, it would boot up, but no buttons worked, then it would shut down.
    The next morning, same thing, followed by constant vibration.
    Then I buy an iphone.
    This morning I try it again, and everything works fine.
    Self-healing phones. What a terrifying future we live in.

<@Terra> he told me this, "man actually meeting terra is so fucking big", and he started crying. Then he bought me hot dogs

Family Friendly Mascot Buffalobiian's Avatar
    No one ever tried an oven?

If it's not Isuzu-chan Mii~

Awesome user with default custom title itadakimasu's Avatar

Symantec sucks

Symantec sucks balls. I said it. They suck so badly it's amazing that they're still in business.

my company spent $2000+ in january to renew our symantec license for updates, etc.... and yet i'm going to end up spending probably 2 hours today messing w\ this girls computer because symantec is unable to do it's job.

I'm installing vipre antivirus-spyware and am 99% certain that it will remove everything within 15 minutes of running a scan, whereas symantec just shows it to be quarantined over and over and does nothing to stop it from popping up all these windows, etc.

I honestly believe that the only reason symantec is still in business is because they have been around forever and so many people think of symantec / norton when they think antivirus software and people just aren't aware that there are much better programs available nowadays.
    </rant>

Quote Originally Posted by itadakimasu
    i'm going to end up spending probably 2 hours today messing w\ this girls computer because symantec is unable to do it's job.

I'm installing vipre antivirus-spyware and am 99% certain that it will remove everything
    I'm not going to argue that Symantec sucks (preaching to the choir there), but if this particular girl's computer is going to be a problem, wouldn't this particular issue be with where she is going, or what emails she's opening?

I'm no IT expert, but spyware and adware doesn't just spontaneously congregate onto a single person's computer.

Quote Originally Posted by itadakimasu
    Symantec sucks balls.
    I hate Norton. It makes your computer run like molasses, and it's not even the best antivirus. Malwarebytes antimalware can run circles around Norton. Another Symantec product that sucks is Ghost. I was using Ghost to clone hard drives a few months ago, and it stunk. Terrible software.
    "Samsonlonghair - The Defender of the Oppressed And Shunned!" -Kraco

Family Friendly Mascot Buffalobiian's Avatar
    Norton's in business because for some reason it still scores pretty well in tests. Anecdotal evidence all seems to point the other way though. Norton was my first antivirus.

If it's not Isuzu-chan Mii~

I'm not going to argue that Symantec sucks (preaching to the choir there), but if this particular girl's computer is going to be a problem, wouldn't this particular issue be with where she is going, or what emails she's opening?

I'm no IT expert, but spyware and adware doesn't just spontaneously congregate onto a single person's computer.
    I have to agree with this. She's obviously going to sites and clicking on prompts that allow these apps to install. I don't know of any antivirus that will stop something from installing if you click on "allow" or "ok" to the install prompt. Maybe she didn't keep the definitions updated.

I use Norton because, like Buff, it was my first and I haven't had any issues with viruses or spyware/malware/adware. Also, my PCs are all beefy enough not to notice any performance hits from NAV.

Awesome user with default custom title UChessmaster's Avatar
    EVERY case of abortion in here became 100% ilegal, suddenly this country sucks a little bit more.
    You cannot hope to build a better world without improving the individuals. To that end each of us must work for his own improvement, and at the same time share a general responsibility for all humanity, our particular duty being to aid those to whom we think we can be most useful. -Marie Curie

Awesome user with default custom title itadakimasu's Avatar
    The same girl had a different rogue antivirus app come up yesterday..> I think somehow the vipre I installed got disabled... or something, I don't know yet. But I ran a quick scan w\ vipre and it came up w\ a whole new list of shit today. I didn't clean any of it so I could scan w\ symantec ( that my coworker re-installed) and that way I can show the comparison later on...

aside from the fact that norton is likely going to take 8 hours to scan and find less than the other program found in 5 minutes.