Page 141 of 254 FirstFirst ... 4191131137138139140141142143144145151191241 ... LastLast
Results 2,801 to 2,820 of 5064

Thread: The Bitching Thread

Wink

Quote Originally Posted by Buffalobiian
    It's August. It's late-winter. It's 28 degrees C @ 3pm.

WTF....
    global warming
    When man invented the bicycle he reached the peak of his attainments. Here was a machine of precision and balance for the convenience of man. And (unlike subsequent inventions for man's convenience) the more he used it, the fitter his body became. Here, for once, was a product of man's brain that was entirely beneficial to those who used it, and of no harm or irritation to others. Progress should have stopped when man invented the bicycle. ~Elizabeth West, Hovel in theHills

We had several 90°F (32°C) days in March (end of winter) up on the northern east coast of the US.

This is payback.

(I did get to see squirrels on the ground, completely spread out on the ground like they were dead in order to give off as much heat as possible, because there was no shade for them.)

It's hot here as well, but its still summer here so yeah.
    -----------------

Bullshit. This has been the mildest summer I've ever had out here. Plus the weather now feels like its October.
    10/4/04 - 8/20/07

I know I suck at BlazBlue online, I fall for a lot of the cheap crap over and over. Happens to me all the time in lots of games.

But I totally kick some guy's ass who was playing Ragna, and right as I win, the fucker rage quits on me at the last possible second. The first match I actually won in several days, and I get denied.

yesterday was a crash day.
    My pc graphic card broke, my mums notebook's hdd is probably damaged, my electric guitar is not playing(probably potentiometer broke), good thing that i also have acoustic guitar, my ps3 would not output sound for a half of a day, my guitar hero red drum pad is not responding, and damned red octane put 3 kinds of screw's and i don't have a screwdriver for one type. All happened in one damned day. Oh, and also wi-fi signal was fading randomly, damned interferences.

After i get new graphic card i think I'll put my pc in Faraday's cage...

(ps I'm writing from my laptop)
    Number of works of fiction that made me shed at least one tear: 3
    Thou seeketh soul power, dost thou not?
    TOX: 33524385841A92B08787EEBEBA2DB51ED293C4F15A2E292F3F C92165E82388281433A77EA8FE

Family Friendly Mascot Buffalobiian's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Xelbair
    yesterday was a crash day.
    My pc graphic card broke, my mums notebook's hdd is probably damaged, my electric guitar is not playing(probably potentiometer broke), good thing that i also have acoustic guitar, my ps3 would not output sound for a half of a day, my guitar hero red drum pad is not responding, and damned red octane put 3 kinds of screw's and i don't have a screwdriver for one type. All happened in one damned day. Oh, and also wi-fi signal was fading randomly, damned interferences.

After i get new graphic card i think I'll put my pc in Faraday's cage...

(ps I'm writing from my laptop)
    You sure your military wasn't testing out some new electromagnetic-jamming weapon in your local neighbourhood?

That sucks.

If it's not Isuzu-chan Mii~

No idea, that's why I'm putting my pc in Faraday's cage as soon as i get my new graphics card.
    Number of works of fiction that made me shed at least one tear: 3
    Thou seeketh soul power, dost thou not?
    TOX: 33524385841A92B08787EEBEBA2DB51ED293C4F15A2E292F3F C92165E82388281433A77EA8FE

Awesome user with default custom title itadakimasu's Avatar
    I bought a Dell Precision 690 ( yes, on ebay ! )

And the seller never replied to my question about something in the description... I got it today and it looks awesome. Went to plug it in though, and it takes a proprietary power cord !!!!! ZOMG!

I got a killer deal though... it's got 2 3ghz dual core xeons, 4gb, 4x 146gb sas, which i bought 4 750gb WD Raid ediitons to replace w\... got it for $605, and the same system from dell would be around $2,000 easy.

Awesome user with default custom title The Heretic Azazel's Avatar
    You mind sharing what seller it was? That's a really good deal. I'm due for a new machine, someone stole my laptop the other night. I'm wary about buying a whole computer on eBay unless it comes with a warranty though.
    "They call it 'The American Dream' because you have to be asleep to believe it" - George Carlin

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...=STRK:MEWNX:IT
    I'm getting it all set up right now, waiting on the hard drives to initialize (72% after like... 2 hours)

I would definitely keep this system if I needed one... it came better equipped than our 2nd most powerful server and that server ran us like $4500 18 months ago.

So I decided to finally clean up the basement and I noticed that my old PSX was laying about I figured I should put it away in its box. I've spent the past hour tearing up the basement looking for the box, plus my other system boxes (N64, DC, GC, SNES) and they are NOWHERE to be found. What's really annoying about this is the fact that I can't remember where I put them but I'm almost 100% sure my mom tossed them out during one of her cleaning binges. What is it with moms and moving things?

Awesome user with default custom title XanBcoo's Avatar
    Ugh, I hate being sick. Not because of how it feels, but because I've gotten into such a good routine of eating and going to the gym that being sick completely throws a wrench in that. I've already missed two gym days and I'm freaking out. I completely understand that getting proper rest is important, but I can't convince myself of it.

I need to chill.

<@Terra> he told me this, "man actually meeting terra is so fucking big", and he started crying. Then he bought me hot dogs

fahoumh : that sucks !

my mom was telling me that after I get everything moved in @ my house she is going to bring over all my stuff including my nes and snes + games. probably will also include 2 psx's, i don't know why I have 2 but I think they both work.

Quote Originally Posted by XanBcoo
    Ugh, I hate being sick. Not because of how it feels, but because I've gotten into such a good routine of eating and going to the gym that being sick completely throws a wrench in that. I've already missed two gym days and I'm freaking out. I completely understand that getting proper rest is important, but I can't convince myself of it.

I need to chill.
    I know exactly how you feel man. It's a terrible feeling, wanting to keep in your routine but not being able to. I'm always guilty of getting back into my workout routine before I'm fully recovered, thereby prolonging my illness.

Now with the swine flu, the university is asking students to stay home if they have flu like symptoms to prevent the spread of germs. Good luck with that, considering how much attendance counts towards your grade in most classes nowadays.

For God will not permit that we shall know what is to come... those who by some sorcery or by some dream might come to pierce the veil that lies so darkly over all that is before them may serve by just that vision to cause that God should wrench the world from its heading and set it upon another course altogether and then where stands the sorcerer? Where the dreamer and his dream?

Awesome user with default custom title The Heretic Azazel's Avatar
    I had a professor the other day who said if we missed more than one class we'd probably fail the whole course.

Not ten minutes later he said stay home if you feel like you have the flu. What do they expect us to do, anyway?
    "They call it 'The American Dream' because you have to be asleep to believe it" - George Carlin

Quote Originally Posted by The Heretic Azazel
    I had a professor the other day who said if we missed more than one class we'd probably fail the whole course.

Not ten minutes later he said stay home if you feel like you have the flu. What do they expect us to do, anyway?
    1) Not die, as that would tarnish the university's reputation.

2) Fail the course, and provide the university with an extra year's tuition (or at least a summer course).

3) Not get the professor sick, because they like to have office hours so they can demean their students one-on-one, confident that they can do what they want because they have tenure and you can't do jack squat about it.

Quote Originally Posted by The Heretic Azazel

Did you present this conundrum to him in the class?

For God will not permit that we shall know what is to come... those who by some sorcery or by some dream might come to pierce the veil that lies so darkly over all that is before them may serve by just that vision to cause that God should wrench the world from its heading and set it upon another course altogether and then where stands the sorcerer? Where the dreamer and his dream?

Awesome user with default custom title XanBcoo's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryllharu
    1) Not die, as that would tarnish the university's reputation.

2) Fail the course, and provide the university with an extra year's tuition (or at least a summer course).

3) Not get the professor sick, because they like to have office hours so they can demean their students one-on-one, confident that they can do what they want because they have tenure and you can't do jack squat about it.
    Option 4 includes showing up to office hours with swine flu, coughing all over the professor, and riding out the rest of the semester confident that he won't punish you for missing classes he himself could not attend.

<@Terra> he told me this, "man actually meeting terra is so fucking big", and he started crying. Then he bought me hot dogs

Quote Originally Posted by itadakimasu
    fahoumh : that sucks !

my mom was telling me that after I get everything moved in @ my house she is going to bring over all my stuff including my nes and snes + games. probably will also include 2 psx's, i don't know why I have 2 but I think they both work.
    After tearing through the basement again, it seems I'm SOL with the boxes. Oh well, I guess.

It's funny how sometimes you end up with doubles of things....if you have 2, the older one maybe doesn't work?

XanBcoo: I'm seriously ROFL @ Option 4