Page 110 of 254 FirstFirst ... 1060100106107108109110111112113114120160210 ... LastLast
Results 2,181 to 2,200 of 5064

Thread: The Bitching Thread

my brother just left for singapore for an international entrepreneurial competition.

i don't know why i felt the need to share that.

I can only wonder if it was luck or just coincidence, but if it was this coming weekend and I was stuck spending time in Singapore, it would have cost 3x as much for some hotels because the night F1 race is this weekend. Your brother might feel the pinch if he stays in the area of the race.

For God will not permit that we shall know what is to come... those who by some sorcery or by some dream might come to pierce the veil that lies so darkly over all that is before them may serve by just that vision to cause that God should wrench the world from its heading and set it upon another course altogether and then where stands the sorcerer? Where the dreamer and his dream?

i don't think that's a big concern. his group booked hotels and everything ages ago, and his accommodations are paid for by the university he's representing anyway.

if i wasn't going to my hometown for my best friend's wedding in two weeks, i would be insanely jealous of him.

Ugh, the management at my job is like...incompetent, to put things lightly. They decided to implement a new curriculum, and apparently didn't feel the need to ask me about it, even though for one of the classes, I don't think there's anyone that studied science and can speak English well enough...oh well...I guess I'll be immature and put minimal effort into my work from now on, since it seems they never seem to utilizes their assets properly (there's a lot of other things in the past).

Are you still complaining about being black in an Asian country? When will you learn?

For God will not permit that we shall know what is to come... those who by some sorcery or by some dream might come to pierce the veil that lies so darkly over all that is before them may serve by just that vision to cause that God should wrench the world from its heading and set it upon another course altogether and then where stands the sorcerer? Where the dreamer and his dream?

I hate the municipality system in my city.

the changed the green "frog" big garbage bin, and put in a "well" type bin instead (3 mt hole in the ground, with a huge garbage bag), it looks better, and doesn't smell so bad, which is good, right?
    too bad that no one told the garbage workers what to do with it, and they stood there for five hours looking at the whole in the ground, without the abilities or the tools to put in the new garbage bag.
    five fuckin' hours, after two hours the stench there was unbearable.
    way to work towards the people, dumbass mayor.

(also, I hate my new job, but that's just temporal)

sig made by Itachi-y2k5, thanks, dude!
    Currently Watching: probably a show directed at 9 years old girls, lets be honest.

You know the important distinction between Batman and me? Batman is fictional. In real life, there isn't always an alternative.

Haha. That's pretty funny. I have never seen the garbage collectors over here wonder what to do with them. The funniest thing I saw was one garbage collector who didn't want to touch the rope keeping the bottom closed with his bare hands (I guess he had lost his gloves), and he took an empty plastic bag from somewhere to cover his hands when he opened the sack to empty it. That was with the organic waste container, of course.

My car is losing coolant, and I mean a lot of it. The coolant surge tank has been empty for a while, so admittedly I procrastinated a little bit since everything was working fine and the temperature gauge was still dead-centered.

Up to two weeks ago, it was working fine, then one morning I have no heat. In the afternoon, the damn thing is overheating. I figure my coolant has finally gone critically low (should be obvious I have a leak), but there's no [obvious] leak, no puddle of coolant after I back out of my parking space. I've been carrying a jug of water just in case fast highway speeds and running the heat full blast don't cool it down.

So today, still well under warranty, I take it into the dealership to have it looked at and get an oil change while I'm at it. They top the coolant off and I drive home (about 10 minutes). Pop the hood because I want a good gauge of were the coolant level is at so I can monitor it, and the damn surge tank is fucking empty!

I drive it back to the dealer about an hour later, they look at it, check the dipstick and oil pan for any leaks in there. Nothing. They have no idea where the hell the problem is and I'm left pretty much back where I started two weeks ago.

By now, I'm all manner of pissed off and I couldn't even leave it there because the only loaner they have is already out with someone else.

If I lived anywhere in a city or outside of America (excluding Canada and Australia) I really wouldn't give a shit, but there's no public transport that will take me the 35 miles to work each day.

Did you check your radiator cap? My old car kept overheating even though i filled it with coolant, and it was cause the cap was old and loose, and coolant kept escaping through it, plus the sensors weren't triggering the flow of more coolant cause of that cap.
    10/4/04 - 8/20/07

Nah, for whatever weird reason, a 2007 Aveo doesn't have a radiator cap. Just a pressurized surge tank cap.

Yep, surprised me too.

Quote Originally Posted by Animeniax
    Are you still complaining about being black in an Asian country? When will you learn?

Not that at all...

There's some sort of cold virus going around my class right now and I caught it on Monday. Now I have a sore throat and runny nose, and it'll last a long time because that's how it works whenever I get a cold.

I had that problem for most of my life into my late 20s until I got in shape and in better health. Almost all my friends growing up had the same problem, but they were all geeks/nerds too and we all spend way to much time in front of the TV and computers.

You're young, it's a good time to decide to get active, maybe take up a sport and start eating right to get your immune system in gear. Now when I get sick, it's really mild, so much so that it becomes a problem because I won't rest or take it easy, making it take longer to fully recover, so I run around at 80% for a few days.

Benevolent Dictator
    Blog Entries
    If it's losing coolant and the fluid's not hitting the ground, it could also be a blown head gasket. I had a car with a not-so-great header design that would blow the gasket in the same place every 50k miles or so.

It didn't really noticeably lose power or anything, it's just that every firing of the number 3 cylinder burned off a couple drops of gas and a drop or two of coolant.

But yeah, sucks about them flaking on the loaner vehicle like that. Hopefully you made an appointment to leave it and get the loaner at some point in the near future?

Yeah, I'm dropping it off early Wednesday morning so they can give it a thorough look over. They said the loaner would be back by then, and their lead tech would be back as well.

I've convinced myself the problem is the head gasket since there's nothing going on in the oil pan. I must be burning it off.

Quote Originally Posted by complich8
    If it's losing coolant and the fluid's not hitting the ground, it could also be a blown head gasket. I had a car with a not-so-great header design that would blow the gasket in the same place every 50k miles or so.
    Sounds like an example of planned obsolescence that is working exactly as it was designed. They wouldn't want your car running for 200k problem-free, or you wouldn't have to buy a new car for 15 years.

Awesome user with default custom title XanBcoo's Avatar
    Oh...ACL is this weekend, isn't it?

...shit .

<@Terra> he told me this, "man actually meeting terra is so fucking big", and he started crying. Then he bought me hot dogs

Living in something called Geekhouse by me isn't good. I live with my parents(i'm 17) and i have to fix 3 pcs(mine is clean and i have sys disk img so 5min and its working) on regular basis, configure rounter if my father f***s up its settings, take care of cables, anwsers question about new tech thingy that you dont know shit bout it(my father/mother have the instruction for it - why cant they read it). and i just dare to dont know 'bout it and there is big /b/ like RAGE.I feel like IT service guy mixed up with encyclopedia.
    Number of works of fiction that made me shed at least one tear: 3
    Thou seeketh soul power, dost thou not?
    TOX: 33524385841A92B08787EEBEBA2DB51ED293C4F15A2E292F3F C92165E82388281433A77EA8FE

Practice shouldn't be something you're mad about. I have a class period of doing that, plus the times when teachers realize who I am. :P It cuts down on calling in when you have problems. You could probably make a tiny business out of it if you really wanted; fixing people's computer problems.

Quote Originally Posted by Xelbair
    Living in something called Geekhouse by me isn't good. I live with my parents(i'm 17) and i have to fix 3 pcs(mine is clean and i have sys disk img so 5min and its working) on regular basis, configure rounter if my father f***s up its settings, take care of cables, anwsers question about new tech thingy that you dont know shit bout it(my father/mother have the instruction for it - why cant they read it). and i just dare to dont know 'bout it and there is big /b/ like RAGE.I feel like IT service guy mixed up with encyclopedia.
    I'm pretty much the most knowledgeable person I know in real life, and it's not that bad. It gives me the right to condescend people, which I truly love doing.