Page 109 of 254 FirstFirst ... 95999105106107108109110111112113119159209 ... LastLast
Results 2,161 to 2,180 of 5064

Thread: The Bitching Thread

Is there a.. help with calculus thread?

Family Friendly Mascot Buffalobiian's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaitne
    None I heard of. Just the generic "Help Me" thread.

If it's not Isuzu-chan Mii~

Awesome user with default custom title The Heretic Azazel's Avatar
    In this cesspool of mediocrity? Was that a joke?
    "They call it 'The American Dream' because you have to be asleep to believe it" - George Carlin

Awesome user with default custom title XanBcoo's Avatar
    http://forums.gotwoot.net/showthread.php?t=13694

The Help Me Thread can be used for help with homework.

<@Terra> he told me this, "man actually meeting terra is so fucking big", and he started crying. Then he bought me hot dogs

I've got a huge ass rash that's pretty much all over me except half of my arms and my face(thankfully my face is untouched). It's worst on my thighs and knees. It started off being itchy last night, but there was no sign of redness except on the undersides of my arms and my chest. I thought that was because I wiped myself too vigorously with a wet cloth before, so I dismissed it. In the morning, I felt really itchy again, but still no obvious redness, or so I though since I was half asleep. I felt like shit all day (general listlessness), and when I got home, I took off my pants and walah, I'm met with bright red legs with irregular patches of white.

I took some antihistamines and was going to wait if out for a day or two, but I was eventually convinced to see the doctor. We couldn't find anything wrong with me that would indicate something like measles or some other infection, so we think it may be a food allergy. Exactly what it is, I'm not sure. Allergic reactions can take up to 1-2 days before it really flares up.

The only real thing I can think of was that I had a few drinks yesterday evening.

It would suck if I developed an allergic reaction to alcohol.

you could always drink yourself to death...

and, a "I've stopped drinking and all my physical de-formates disappeared !" could make a great hallmark movie.

sig made by Itachi-y2k5, thanks, dude!
    Currently Watching: probably a show directed at 9 years old girls, lets be honest.

You know the important distinction between Batman and me? Batman is fictional. In real life, there isn't always an alternative.

My bitch: I'm stuck at the Singapore Changi airport because my travel agent is worthless and didn't provide the correct paperwork for me to get a flight into communist Vietnam. The people here in Singapore are nice enough, and there are some attractive women, but I'm about to go get a room at the transit hotel to spend the night until I get the visa situation for Vietnam cleared up. It really helps that it is Sunday evening and the travel agent in Vietnam isn't answering his cell phone. I should have stuck with trips to Japan, where it's civilized and I wouldn't have these headaches.

For God will not permit that we shall know what is to come... those who by some sorcery or by some dream might come to pierce the veil that lies so darkly over all that is before them may serve by just that vision to cause that God should wrench the world from its heading and set it upon another course altogether and then where stands the sorcerer? Where the dreamer and his dream?

You were in Singapore? Cool, but too bad you didn't have time to visit the other parts. I've never visited the transit hotel but I heard the prices were sky high.
    "Our hearts are full of memories but not all of them reflect the truth. The heart isn't a recording device. Even important memories change with time. They warp or fade, leaving us with but a shadow of what we hoped to remember." 天の道を行き、全てを司る。これは僕の世界。

Actually I'm still here at the airport. Now I found out I have 2 days to spend before I can fly on. Any suggestions about what to visit and how to get around? The transit hotels at Changi cost60-65SD for 6 hours. So a night's stay is ~125SD which is something like $90-95US, which isn't terrible, but not great either. A recommendation of hotels in the area would be appreciated too. TIA!

For God will not permit that we shall know what is to come... those who by some sorcery or by some dream might come to pierce the veil that lies so darkly over all that is before them may serve by just that vision to cause that God should wrench the world from its heading and set it upon another course altogether and then where stands the sorcerer? Where the dreamer and his dream?

Singapore is pretty small. Believe it or not you can go from one end of the island to the other in an hour's drive. You should get a hotel in the city area and do some shopping and eating. That's what Singapore's known for anyway.

Transport wise you can either take a cab, or use the subway (known as the Mass Rapid Transit), which is really easy and not as confusing as Japan's. Do let me know if you need additional help/info.
    "Our hearts are full of memories but not all of them reflect the truth. The heart isn't a recording device. Even important memories change with time. They warp or fade, leaving us with but a shadow of what we hoped to remember." 天の道を行き、全てを司る。これは僕の世界。

I ended up getting a hotel near the airport. Lots of people out and about on a Sunday night! I'll probably take a tour tomorrow and see the sites, maybe spend some time at the beach. I'm really surprised at the diverse cultural backgrounds of the people here. Not what I expected at all.

Are the prices as bad as they seem? So far really I've only seen prices at the airport, so maybe I'm getting the wrong impression. A can of Asahi cost US$5 at the airport, but since it was the first alcohol I've had in 4 months, it was worth it. I had a Japanese dinner at the hotel for US$26 and it was only a small sushi plate and beef roll dish and a can of Asahi beer.

Like I said, prices at tourist attractions are usually sky high. Things are much more cheaper outside of the airport, this I can assure you. And the new Terminal 3 is pretty much a shopping centre by itself, attracting lotsa of Singaporeans even during weekdays.

If you want to visit any beaches, be sure to check out Sentosa. It's actually an island south of Singapore, but it's really near and you can go there either by cable car, train, bus or any other public transport. It's a really beautiful place with a lot of cultural attractions.
    Last edited by Psyke; Mon, 09-22-2008 at 02:39 AM.

Ahh, the pains of being a tourist. I guess it's something you have to live with, getting charged high prices in touristy areas. I suppose they figure you can afford it, so they gouge you as best they can.

So far, I haven't ventured outside the Changi area. Lots of government owned resort facilities, with big signs warning against trespassing.

I asked a security guard carrying an MP5 submachine gun at the airport for a picture; he declined.

Haha yeah, they're doing POI (Proctection of Installation) duties so it's tough to get anything else from them. You should really venture out. Taking the MRT can take you directly into the city in half an hour.

Awesome user with default custom title Uchiha Barles's Avatar
    I usually try not to bitch about stuff, but I just went 12 rounds with stupidity and lost. That merits a bitch. I was trying to read some guitar tabs that were in guitar pro format, so of course I needed to download guitar pro to read them. The program however, was compressed in some stupid format that winrar couldn't handle, so I had to download a special program to unzip the file (I forget which). As usual, I go to the torrent with the most peers and just download that.

Now, when I tried to install that special unzipping program, AVG anti-virus told me it was a security threat. AVG tells me a lot of things are security threats, so I didn't listen. But AVG, that pesky program, kept insisting. So I told it to stfu and disabled it. To my surprise (that's right, I was surprised), a browser opened up and went to a site called windowssettings, or something close. When I realized what that meant, I immediately shut off my wireless adapter and went offline. Not before a few of my windows settings had already been switched though. Including disabling task manager (didn't even realize you could do that).

Luckily I was able to access the administrator account under safe mode, but that didn't help any. I couldn't find where the virus files had installed. So I figured "eh, all the important stuff is backed up, might as well reformat". So I put in my xp install disk and reformated. When it came time to reinstall though, that little scratch on the surface that I didn't notice, came to bite me in the ass. Apparently a few important files were on those sectors and couldn't be accessed. Thus, I couldn't reinstall xp. Since my other computer is currently undergoing some heating/ventilation issues brought about by an earlier fight with stupidity, I couldn't use it to get a new copy of xp. It took two weeks before I was able to get a working copy from a friend to reinstall.

Yeah...this is not so much of a bitch about going two weeks without a computer, as it a bitch about just how stupid I can get.

You need to include more computer geeks/nerds in your circle of friends. One of them could have lent you an XP CD, or even Vista. Another good idea is to make an image of your PC right after a clean install and updating. The next time this kind of thing happens, you just re-image your PC and save yourself all kinds of hassles.

So I spent the day in Singapore, which is a continuing bitch from yesterday. Not that it's a bad place, just it wasn't part of my original travel plans. I visited Orchard street, a major shopping area here. Lots of lovely women unattended just hanging around. I couldn't tell if they were "working girls" or not, but if they were dressed that way and standing around in most parts of the world, it'd be a safe assumption. It could be the tropical climate, but they all had on tank tops and short shorts and were just standing around street corners like they were waiting for business, and they were almost all good-looking.

The MRT is nice and simple, but misses the character and endearing complexity of the Japanese rail systems.

Quote Originally Posted by Animeniax
    So I spent the day in Singapore, which is a continuing bitch from yesterday. Not that it's a bad place, just it wasn't part of my original travel plans. I visited Orchard street, a major shopping area here. Lots of lovely women unattended just hanging around. I couldn't tell if they were "working girls" or not, but if they were dressed that way and standing around in most parts of the world, it'd be a safe assumption. It could be the tropical climate, but they all had on tank tops and short shorts and were just standing around street corners like they were waiting for business, and they were almost all good-looking.
    That's Orchard road, one of the busiest areas in the Singapore town area. I'm not sure what girls you are referring to, but they sound like the normal school girl who go to town everyday without fail. And yes, I agree that most of them are good looking, but still no where near Tokyo standards.

Quote Originally Posted by Animeniax
    The MRT is nice and simple, but misses the character and endearing complexity of the Japanese rail systems.
    I remember some guy saying once that "for something to be a tradition, it's almost always troublesome."

I guess making things too simple loses it's flavour. What about food Ani? Anything else you tried there? Don't know if it applies to most people, but to me holidays are about food

Quote Originally Posted by Psyke
    That's Orchard road, one of the busiest areas in the Singapore town area. I'm not sure what girls you are referring to, but they sound like the normal school girl who go to town everyday without fail. And yes, I agree that most of them are good looking, but still no where near Tokyo standards.
    Yes, Orchard road is what I was referring to. Busy area, lots of people even on a Monday evening, and prices were definitely cheaper than around the tourist areas and airport. Most of these girls were older, at least college age. They were probably just there shopping and hanging out, not prostitutes. Is that even allowed here? I know buying gum isn't allowed, though chewing it is .

Quote Originally Posted by Buffalobiian
    I remember some guy saying once that "for something to be a tradition, it's almost always troublesome."

I guess making things too simple loses it's flavour. What about food Ani? Anything else you tried there? Don't know if it applies to most people, but to me holidays are about food
    It seems similar with women: if you're too nice and do what they want all the time, you're not worth the chase and they'll go after the dirt-bags who treat them like crap.

It's weird, but I've eaten mostly Japanese food while here in Singapore, and a couple Satay dishes that were listed under "local favorites" on the menu. I don't know what would be considered "Singaporean", but hopefully I'll get to try some out before leaving tomorrow.

Well, prostitution is a big no-no in Singapore, though like any other country there is a legalised red light district (which is also a popular place for good food at night). You're unlikely to run into any "working girls" in the city, and even if you do, chances are that she's not a Singaporean and perhaps a foreign worker. We're known for that clean image, ya know?

You'll find that the laws in Singapore are pretty strict, and the penalties tend to be harsher than the average asian country.