Page 108 of 254 FirstFirst ... 85898104105106107108109110111112118158208 ... LastLast
Results 2,141 to 2,160 of 5064

Thread: The Bitching Thread

Awesome user with default custom title XanBcoo's Avatar
    God, there was this unattractive girl sitting behind me just now and yakking her head off. Her ignorant rambling was so enraging I had to get up and leave.

She was complaining about her Biology class. OK, that's not bad, I also hate Biology because it's boring and I kinda suck at it. Her reason? "The professor told us that even though Creationism can't be disproven, it's still a superstitious argument and he won't be focusing on it." She had the gall to say that it was a class where she'd be expected to put down answers "that they want, instead of what I truly believe."

Well guess what, you fuckwit, you're not taking Sociology. You're not taking "Literary Criticism 307". Your arbitrary system of beliefs won't allow you to bullshit your way through a science class. The fact that she (and many people) see science and empiricism as an affront to a baseless claim of Faith is mind-boggling. The fact that she was trying to pass off her "beliefs" as a reason to not study is such a disgusting cop-out. It's shit like this, on top of watching Palin's "Rah rah REAL Americans" speech last night that are making me resent the Conservative American mindset.

I'm not even Atheist or even staunchly anti-religious, but the fact that this kind of thing is so common really bugs me.

<@Terra> he told me this, "man actually meeting terra is so fucking big", and he started crying. Then he bought me hot dogs

That's something about college types that will bother me when I go back, this sense of elitism and entitlement that you see with college kids. They think they know better because they're in college, as if you really learn anything useful there.

I've often argued politics and social issues with my younger sister, pitting my 10+ years of real world experience against her 7 years of college and postgrad work. I can't help wishing sometimes that she gets a dose of the real world to enlighten her, for her own good.

You should have found out what the unattractive chick's major was. Probably something useless.

For God will not permit that we shall know what is to come... those who by some sorcery or by some dream might come to pierce the veil that lies so darkly over all that is before them may serve by just that vision to cause that God should wrench the world from its heading and set it upon another course altogether and then where stands the sorcerer? Where the dreamer and his dream?

I've had a stiff neck the past few days. Usually when I get a stiff neck from sleeping or muscle ache from working out, a good night's sleep fixes all the problems. Not this time. I somehow got a stiff neck from running on the treadmill and it's not going away.

Awesome user with default custom title The Heretic Azazel's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by XanBcoo
    It's shit like this, on top of watching Palin's "Rah rah REAL Americans" speech last night that are making me resent the Conservative American mindset.
    That bitch was part of the Alaska Independence Party to have Alaska secede from the Union a few years back. What a choice for VP he made when he's supposed to be the most patriotic guy out there.

I would totally put another one in her daughter though.
    "They call it 'The American Dream' because you have to be asleep to believe it" - George Carlin

a fountain pourin' like an avalanche, comin' down the mountain
    i work 50 hours a week, and I get paid for only 40 of them.

but i can't really complain, because the poor Japanese staff I work with (who earn considerably less than me despite being, in my opinion, far more effective) are there even longer. if i complain, i look like a completely spoiled American who doesn't really know what it's like to have to scrape. so i just deal with it, but it's annoying to think what i could be getting back home for 50 hours a week...

complich8: if you're that good, it's time to use some leverage. get yourself a raise or a new start elsewhere. sure, you're happy with where you are, but, read your sig.

Humans are different from animals. We must die for a reason. Now is the time for us to regulate ourselves and reclaim our dignity. The one who holds endless potential and displays his strength and kindness to the world. Only mankind has God, a power that allows us to go above and beyond what we are now, a God that we call "possibility".

So, i havn't been around much due to a lack of internet the past few days. I moved into a student house early september, and there was no internet setup, so i had to order it. Because half the uni's population seems to have the same problem, they told me the first available appointment was for thursday between 1 and 3. After waiting a week, with no internet, no games to play, and only old moives to watch, the day finally came. But obviously the universe just isn't satisfied till you've been kicked in the nuts atleast once.

It turns out the cable running from the main building to my area doesn't actually go into my room...and the technician can't drill a hole in the wall without written consent from the landlord (FUCK, FUCK, FUCK, FUCK, FUCK!)...so now i have to wait till saturday, which the next earliest available appointment. And not only that, but i have to wait ALL DAY. The guy can show up anywhere between 8-5, so the whole day i'll be sitting in a room with nothing at all to do.

Oh and did i mention im fasting? so not only am i sitting there bored...im sitting there bored and hungry! god damn cogeco cable / landlord / lack of adequete wiring.

Are you trying to lose weight? That's a bad way to go about it, since you're going to lose muscle mass more than fat mass.

My bitch: long hair. My hair is getting long, not because I want to be cool or anything, but because I can't find a good place to get it cut. There's 2 places available, one is filthy and the stylists know one hairstyle: high and tight. The other is nicer but you have to wait 2 hours for a haircut and the place doesn't take reservations. So now my hair is almost as long as assertn's and it's a pain in the ass. I have to unclog the shower drain every other day, and sweep up loose hair from the floor 2 to 3 times a week. I might just shave it all off.

For God will not permit that we shall know what is to come... those who by some sorcery or by some dream might come to pierce the veil that lies so darkly over all that is before them may serve by just that vision to cause that God should wrench the world from its heading and set it upon another course altogether and then where stands the sorcerer? Where the dreamer and his dream?

:O

You should post a picture after you do that.

Mine is that.. some people don't listen, even when they're warned or threatened with something :/ Either people have no fear, or I'm not that intimidating. It's kinda hard to get a lot of people in a room to shut up, sit down and listen >.> and.. also create a good enough discussion to speak about.

Quote Originally Posted by Animeniax
    Are you trying to lose weight? That's a bad way to go about it, since you're going to lose muscle mass more than fat mass.
    It's that time of the year again when Muslims fast.

Family Friendly Mascot Buffalobiian's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaitne
    :O

You should post a picture after you do that.

Mine is that.. some people don't listen, even when they're warned or threatened with something :/ Either people have no fear, or I'm not that intimidating. It's kinda hard to get a lot of people in a room to shut up, sit down and listen >.> and.. also create a good enough discussion to speak about.
    How are you threatening them? One thing I learned is that you have to be LOUD, as well as assertive. Loud so it pretty much shocks them to shut up in the first place (like PA system loud), and assertive to show who's in control there. Depending on how you do it and who it is, it doesn't always work, but usually it does for me.

Another thing about the assertive thing is, are you in a position to be so? Like a group leader or something?

If it's not Isuzu-chan Mii~

I'm the president of the club. I should be in a high enough position.

I think I just need to start kicking people out Because we are loud sometimes, and sometimes they just don't want to listen.. at all, until someone tells them to shut up about 3 times. Maybe I'm not that loud, though. I'm not sure.

I was threatening them with getting kicked out, which they seemed to respond to for a few seconds.

I was threatening them with getting kicked out, which they seemed to respond to for a few seconds.
    There's your problem. You stop at threatening. Unless you follow through, it's always going to seem like an empty threat. This kind of thing is fairly common (in America anyway) for women with any kind of authority. Women are either "too nice" to do it or they end up being called "a huge bitch." Men don't care as much about what others think about them, unconsciously or not, so it is less of an issue.

However, there is an exception to this. Unionized Secretaries. Do. not. fuck with them or you will soon find yourself out of a job. I've seen it happen and I've only been working at this job for half a year. Most of them are nice though.

Quote Originally Posted by Board of Command
    It's that time of the year again when Muslims fast.
    Yeah I know man, we get a yearly warning in August about Ramadan because the locals act up in celebration during this time.

My bitch: long hair. My hair is getting long, not because I want to be cool or anything, but because I can't find a good place to get it cut. There's 2 places available, one is filthy and the stylists know one hairstyle: high and tight. The other is nicer but you have to wait 2 hours for a haircut and the place doesn't take reservations. So now my hair is almost as long as assertn's and it's a pain in the ass. I have to unclog the shower drain every other day, and sweep up loose hair from the floor 2 to 3 times a week. I might just shave it all off.
    Just grab a book/magazine/portable gaming system there and wait it out. If you can't do that, then just sleep. That's what I'd do anyway. I hate bad haircuts, and I've had my fair share of those.

I hate haircuts in general, as shown by my less-than-exhilaration in the picture thread.

My bitch is a rather mundane one; I hate how my skill in CoD4 fluctuates. At times, I'm owning just about everything in sight, and others, I can't seem to do anything but die. For example, last night I was playing a match of Hardcore S and D with my brother, a few of his friends, and a few people we didn't know.

First few matches, I was pretty much a non-factor. Then, when the match is just about over (My team was losing 2-3), something just happened, and I really hit my stride. In the first of the two rounds left, my team died with like two or three of the other guys left. The bomb is close to the objective, and there's about half a minute left. I get to the bomb, kill the guy who killed the last bomb-carrier, and plant with only a few seconds on the clock. Then, the last guy on the other team moves in and throws three consecutive stuns, afterward trying to rush in. Somehow, through my stun, I was able to kill the other.

Okay, so the match is now 3-3. Now the other team's planting and I take up a sniper spot. My team is being a bunch of douches, trying to go around killing the other team, so I decide to hurry downstairs to try and defuse. Somehow, I manage it, and my team wins the match.

And then, this afternoon, I'm failing hard. My point? Why in the hell can't I just be consistent? When I fail like today, I know why I have almost a hundred deaths an hour.
    Now 99% disease free!

Quote Originally Posted by Ryllharu
    There's your problem. You stop at threatening. Unless you follow through, it's always going to seem like an empty threat. This kind of thing is fairly common (in America anyway) for women with any kind of authority. Women are either "too nice" to do it or they end up being called "a huge bitch." Men don't care as much about what others think about them, unconsciously or not, so it is less of an issue.

However, there is an exception to this. Unionized Secretaries. Do. not. fuck with them or you will soon find yourself out of a job. I've seen it happen and I've only been working at this job for half a year. Most of them are nice though.
    I guess.. females can't be considered in the middle >.> they have to be on one extreme side or the other.

That can be a mini-bitch for the thread, I suppose XP

Quote Originally Posted by python862
    I hate haircuts in general, as shown by my less-than-exhilaration in the picture thread.
    Haircuts accentuate your Jersey nose.. or.. Italian-ish >.> I guess. You need to embrace it!

Benevolent Dictator
    Blog Entries
    Sounds like you need an enforcer, Jaitne. Find someone who's got the intimidation factor and get them on your side...

Quote Originally Posted by complich8
    Sounds like you need an enforcer, Jaitne. Find someone who's got the intimidation factor and get them on your side...
    That worked in '06 but failed in the '07 playoffs which will encourage the pacifists to further restrict enforcing and fighting. Jaitne will need a more well-rounded team that can play well and be physical, if not necessarily fight and intimidate. Most teams she'll be up against won't even carry an enforcer, and if she does, the refs will penalize him every time he gets on the ice, so it's a lose-lose situation for her.

That worked in '06 but failed in the '07 playoffs which will encourage the pacifists to further restrict enforcing and fighting. Jaitne will need a more well-rounded team that can play well and be physical, if not necessarily fight and intimidate. Most teams she'll be up against won't even carry an enforcer, and if she does, the refs will penalize him every time he gets on the ice, so it's a lose-lose situation for her.

o.o I'm an athlete now.

I'll just make an example out of someone and see if the rest decide to keep being mean. Oh well if I become a bitch in thr process >.>

My newest bitch is Calculus D: I can't seem to keep up.. well, actually, I just hate derivatives

My newest bitch is Calculus D: I can't seem to keep up.. well, actually, I just hate derivatives
    Just wait till you get to Integration