Thread: Gundam Seed Destiny Final Plus

Awesome user with default custom title RedX1z's Avatar

Gundam Seed Destiny Final Plus

what are you people talking about?! just the ladies..lol..!^.^
    Signature by Lucifus

She knows what you did last summer..

------------私はコピーX 及びSimca が空を征服することを信じる------------

Watching this reminded me of why I stopped liking Destiny. Steller's message seemed even more cryptic this time around and I still find Rey's betrayal stupid. This has got to be the first Gundam series I didn't like.

*Edit* I still hate Lacus.

(Aeon's Top 5 Anime ATM)One Piece,Shakugan no Shana Second,Gundam 00,Naruto,Bleach

This is crap. That is all. Carry on.

I liked this more beacuse it actually made the battle feel a little more like a battle by including orb suits. In the original, it just seemed like Archangel and Eternal vs the whole ZAFT fleet.

Of course....Kira missed his true calling, he should be a damn poet, with all the vague lines he spouts out......
    "You'll soon see what Gotham City is like without fear, and it won't be pretty. Fear is the glue that holds society together, it's what makes people suppress their worst impulses. Fear. Is power." - The Scarecrow

I'm really sick of those repeated flash backs by now. Any more and I'll never rewatch any Destiny episodes again. I don't see how this additional episode can tie up all the loose ends left in the original episode, but at least there's some new animation that's worth taking a look.
    "Our hearts are full of memories but not all of them reflect the truth. The heart isn't a recording device. Even important memories change with time. They warp or fade, leaving us with but a shadow of what we hoped to remember." 天の道を行き、全てを司る。これは僕の世界。

yah me too.. i even deleted the episodes now.. and yes, rey's betrayal was wierd and lame..

Thanks shinta|hikari for the sig.

Originally posted by: DeathscytheVII
    Of course....Kira missed his true calling, he should be a damn poet, with all the vague lines he spouts out......
    Hell No!! A true poet is actually deep and has meaning to his/her poetry.
    Kira is just shallow and makes no sense. Hence his true calling would be a rambling idiot in that regard

Can someone rip the shitty after phase and put it up on yousendit or some other hosting site so i can get it without downloading the big ass monster file?

[quote]
    Originally posted by: SFreedomZGMFx20aCouples:03]http://img244.imageshack.us/my.php?image=0035ul.jpg[/L]

Screenshot 15

wait...how can that be a couple?! They arent even standing side by side. Athrun is like "Yo Bitch walk behind, I don't know you that well." Still a chance of Athrun and Cagalli [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/beer.gif[/img]

and that shit was so crap. Cant believe i downloaded the 600mb one. Wasted my time. And the last 10mins was shit. Shinn is still crying [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-disgusted.gif[/img]

i dunno, i think she was just walking with him, because athrun was lonely, plus, the fact that she'd be a third wheel to everyone else. cagalli should be more busy with other things like taking care of her damn country..
    Signature by Lucifus

I finally took the time to watch this and I was very pleasantly surprised. Yes, you heard right.
    I enjoyed all the new scenes. More Yzak, more DOM troopers and everything else at the end - and the small effects, such as added dramatic echoes and whatnot. And not to forget: Athrun went along with Kira during the confrontation with Gil, just as it should be. That made the ending feel a little bit less gay for Kira. Though it looked funny when everybody held their guns up at the same time [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif[/img]

They also removed the lame Mwu-saves-the-ship-again scene, thus preserving it's coolness from the original Seed.
    I enjoyed the cameos of old Seed characters during the ending, too.

Overall, much better than I thought really.

The best part was of course the new opening though. Vestige as an opening song = gold. It also featured Heine & Yzak [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img] [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img] [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]
    That alone made it worth downloading.

ladies and gentlemen..terra has officially lost it..XD

just playing..^.^
    Signature by Lucifus

Of course, my post is just in context to what the special actually is. I rated the new features, not the original content - which now, just as then, blows [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif[/img]

I like how Arthrun was "green screened" in (watch it, it seriously looks like that) and stood there looking like a retard in all of the scenes while the rest of them continued the same dialogue as the first version, set aside Kira saying, "Arthrun..." I still don't get why they included him at all in that part...

lol, this ending was actually better than the entire series i think [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif[/img]. i didnt see many recycled scenes, and even the words are different. and i agree with terra, vestige in the beginning was awesome. and wow. the two world powers are lead by two hawt women [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif[/img]

Finally decided to finish up the series, I had stopped at episode 24...

Don't see why many of you have a lot of problems with this series, it was more of the same SEED we've seen in the past... Really liked how most the characters just ended up being pathetic at the end...

I wished we could've seen more of the relationship of Cagalli and Athrun...

I'm sure in the third series they won't put kira on since everybody bitched a lot about it. get over it man the guy is super human, why should he loose. would u if u were him? I know it sounds weird but think about it. If kira was weak everybody would of been like why the hell he looses all the time, they screwed his characther, he supposed to be the ultimate coordinator. I loved the gundams, and I agree with those people who said destroyers were so easy to beat.
    the other thing I hate about this is that they really f***ed up the relationship between cagalli and athrun. wut the hell is that about.

Originally posted by: Naruto_RNG
    the other thing I hate about this is that they really f***ed up the relationship between cagalli and athrun. wut the hell is that about.
    that was the doing of fukuda's wife, that freakin bitch was the script writer and fucked everything up

Ovan, The Rebirth

a fountain pourin' like an avalanche, comin' down the mountain

I'm sure in the third series they won't put kira on since everybody bitched a lot about it.
    I will bet the bank, right now, all of it, that Kira will be the main character / most powerful character in the 3rd Gundam SEED series by the time it ends.

Lacus Clyne does not count. She is not a character, she is a deus ex machina, a plot device. She is there strictly as a medium to spout nonsensical philisophical garbage and get the characters motivated. She is also eye candy.

get over it man the guy is super human, why should he loose. would u if u were him? I know it sounds weird but think about it. If kira was weak everybody would of been like why the hell he looses all the time, they screwed his characther
    No. I disagree entirely.

Kira Yamato has become super-human. That is exactly the problem with his character. People loved the Kira from the first SEED series. Alot of that was due to the fact that he had lots of flaws, had plenty of defeats, albeit not all on the battlefield. Kira in the beginning of SEED was sort of a weakling, he had plenty of flaws throughout the show. Even at the end he couldn't save everyone he wanted to. He was super, but he wasn't perfect. And viewers loved him for those flaws, for being human, that's what you really can relate to in a persona.

Kira's one defeat in SEED Destiny was handled poorly, very poorly. There were almost 0 negative repurcussions. He got a new, even better, MS almost immediatly. He never had any doubts about his actions during that battle. His body quickly recovered from a blow that would have killed any other MS pilot in the blink of an eye. He never worried about or feared the person that beat him, not once. None of his allies or loved ones were negatively affected by that battle (Athrun being the exception, but duh, that was another plot device guys). That one defeat was for cheap shock value on viewers, that was its only worth. Hell, Kira didn't even get the anime typical "I was defeated. Now I must try to grow stronger so next time I will win" cliche treatment!

So, no, you are 180 degrees away from the truth. What screwed Kira's character was that he was too strong, too powerful, too righteous. Noone is like that, not a single human soul can relate to that.

On a slightly different note, the one thing I still get from watching the Final Plus episode is how utterly useless most weaponry has become in the SEED series. Bullets and explosivers were nullified by Phase Shift armor long ago. Now Gundams can not only block but REFLECT beam attacks back onto the enemy! That really only leaves Sabres and melee weapons as the only means of attacking a Gundam. Anyone else feel like the writers and MS developers have backed themselves into a corner with that?

Humans are different from animals. We must die for a reason. Now is the time for us to regulate ourselves and reclaim our dignity. The one who holds endless potential and displays his strength and kindness to the world. Only mankind has God, a power that allows us to go above and beyond what we are now, a God that we call "possibility".

sskenshin

hmm for some reason hiro nor the other guys dl works on my computer it opens up in realplayer then says that it doesnt support this content :/ can anyone help me out with that