Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Is Bleach heading towards fillers like Naruto?

Is Bleach heading towards fillers like Naruto?

The current SS arc is coming to an end and the manga is not too far from the anime. So what is going to happen?Is Bleach heading towards fillers just like Naruto or is it going to continue? If so then how long till the anime catches up with the manga?

Are we ready for the Bleach fillers?

I sure as hell hope not, but if they do make fillers (which is possible), then if there is anything even remotely holy in this world, they will not be as bad as the naruto ones.

98% of teens uses or has tried MySpace. If you're one of the 2% that hasn't, copy and paste this in your signature

Out of curiosity, where is the manga at? If each anime episode is approx 2 chapters, then when would we catch up at the give 1 episode/week rate?
    Currently watching: One Piece, Black Lagoon, Bleach, Death Note, Suzumiya Haruhi,
    The 12 Kingdoms, and Soukou no Strain (kinda)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~#blood-scanlations~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

i'd say the Soul society arch ends in SPOILER REMOVED

Yes, it's a spoiler to say when the arc ends, because that is also implying when the fights and subplot are ending as well. Unless the resolution of the story is obvious, don't let it happen again.

GotWoot Moderator

LaZie made this...a long time ago.

"It was a very depressing time in my life, since I had no money I was unable to screw the rules" -Kaiba

I wouldn't mind if they hired good script writers and made fillers something similar to the FMP Fumoffu style...

However, since it's the same studio as with Naruto, I think it would be wise to also get mentally prepared for the worst.

I hoped that they would just stall the show and put it off air for a year. But i know they're not going to do that[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img]

Awesome user with default custom title darkmetal505's Avatar

it doesnt matter if it does, ill still watch it.

I can't wait until all the anti-Naruto Bleach worshippers have to put up with a year of don kanonji =]
    10/4/04 - 8/20/07

I would actually rather see sub-optimal Bleach than no Bleach at all. But I agree that it's quite ominous that studio pierrot are in charge of the project.

Get ready for the soup du jour of life with living baby hollows in it. Mmmmm, it's good tasting AND good for you.

I would actually rather see sub-optimal Bleach than no Bleach at all.
    I used to think as you about Naruto. 3 months later I think that the fillers are now so bad it's actually SUCKING the quality out of the earlier episodes somehow.

I preffer a hiatus over all other scenarios...

Don't fuck with the story...

I'd prefer it if they took breaks occasionaly in anime, even if it was just the ocassional few weeks every so often, then we wouldn't have such godawful fillers in them.

The only anime I've ever seen with good filler material (by filler standards) is One Piece. But its different, as the characters spend a lot of time sailing from place to place, there is plenty of space to slip in the odd filler episode every now and again, when needed.

The problem with shows such as naruto (and I fear, Bleach) is that the arcs tend to be long, and to flow into each other, leaving little extra space for fillers along the way. This results in large lumps of filler wheneve they can squeeze them in (like Naruto right now). And (trying not to spoil anything here) the anime seems to be catching up with the manga, and after this arc ends seems to be the only place for the fillers to go that I can see.

Originally posted by: FrogKing
    Out of curiosity, where is the manga at? If each anime episode is approx 2 chapters, then when would we catch up at the give 1 episode/week rate?
    Lately, each anime episode is approximately 3-4 chapters.

Originally posted by: Kraco
    I wouldn't mind if they hired good script writers and made fillers something similar to the FMP Fumoffu style...

However, since it's the same studio as with Naruto, I think it would be wise to also get mentally prepared for the worst.
    If I remember correctly, Fumoffu was in the novels.

Originally posted by: anphorus
    I'd prefer it if they took breaks occasionaly in anime, even if it was just the ocassional few weeks every so often, then we wouldn't have such godawful fillers in them.

The only anime I've ever seen with good filler material (by filler standards) is One Piece. But its different, as the characters spend a lot of time sailing from place to place, there is plenty of space to slip in the odd filler episode every now and again, when needed.

The problem with shows such as naruto (and I fear, Bleach) is that the arcs tend to be long, and to flow into each other, leaving little extra space for fillers along the way. This results in large lumps of filler wheneve they can squeeze them in (like Naruto right now). And (trying not to spoil anything here) the anime seems to be catching up with the manga, and after this arc ends seems to be the only place for the fillers to go that I can see.
    The only tolerable filler from OP was the dragon filler. And even that was painful compared to the real storyline (even before I ever found out it was a filler saga, i resented it).
    10/4/04 - 8/20/07

Reason why i never will watch Naruto is because of the fillers and if bleach does get the fillers....

a fountain pourin' like an avalanche, comin' down the mountain

If they're smart, they'll do fillers.
    At least, until people actually start seriously avoiding fillers.

It is too bad though, I love that this show has stepped up to fill the role of Naruto for alot of anime fans with is superior plot and intense character interactions. Fillers, if they are as poorly done as Naruto fillers, will be a blight on this show.

Humans are different from animals. We must die for a reason. Now is the time for us to regulate ourselves and reclaim our dignity. The one who holds endless potential and displays his strength and kindness to the world. Only mankind has God, a power that allows us to go above and beyond what we are now, a God that we call "possibility".

i really hope they will just stop airing the show for a few months. they could even show re-runs or something.

Fillers or stoping for a while I dont care as long as they keep doing it.

Signature by Lucifus

Originally posted by: kooshi
    If I remember correctly, Fumoffu was in the novels.
    Yeah, that's true, as far as I know. That's why I only said similar to the style of Fumoffu (and they would need good writers for the manuscripts). Like anphorus said, it might not be easy to even make sensible fillers that would fit the main story with a series like Bleach. Even though Fumoffu was based on novels, that series migth have as well been fillers, because it didn't really affect the main plot of FMP at all. But it might be foolish to wish for fillers of such quality, in the end.

Hehehe...a quote from DB's sub of Bleach of episode 58...

"I hear Bleach is going on a 22 Episode filler-arch Like Naruto."

Funny yet scary.