Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Ichigo's hollow powers

Ichigo's hollow powers

i'm pretty sure what urahara did was unintentional. (making ichigo hollow)

LaZie made this...a long time ago.

"It was a very depressing time in my life, since I had no money I was unable to screw the rules" -Kaiba

Ichigo's hollow powers

what makes you say that?

I'm official.

Ichigo's hollow powers

I'd say that the fact that all measures he has taken throughout his live was to prevent someone to acquire such powers, I'd say that Urahara made him half hollow unintentional (that's of course if we assume that Ichigo's hollow side is an effect of what Urahara did to him)

Ichigo's hollow powers

Well, it needs to be remembered that when Urahara cast Ichigo into the pit, Rukia was in Aizen's hands, pretty much, because she had been imprisoned already. So, if Urahara thought the worst could happen and Aizen seized the original hybrid, it might be beneficial or at least not too harmful to give Ichigo some extra power. The damage was already done, anyway.

Edit: a typo removed...

Ichigo's hollow powers

I'm rethinking my earlier judgement of Urahara as a good guy. Just consider what he did to Rukia. He hid something extremely dangerous inside of her without even warning her about it. Now, the original reasons he chose her are unclear (maybe it was an emergency and there was noone stronger available), but he has no excuse for not telling her about it later. She was put in horrible danger because of what he did.

And he tricked her into that false body. Again, he might have had a good reason for it, but he should have told her what he was doing. I remember a scene where she was trying to battle a hollow but her powers weren't strong enough, and she would likely have died if Ichigo hadn't shown up to save her.

And why did he make something so dangerous in the first place? He shouldn't have been messing around with it, and now he's using others to clean up his mess. I wouldn't say it was beyond him to deliberately make Ichigo into a hybrid, although I'm not yet sure that's what happened.

Ichigo's hollow powers

You took the words right out of my mouth Mae. I couldn't have said it better myself. All I can hope for now is that Urahara gives a good read why he hid the Hougyoku inside Rukia without telling her about it. I would really hate to seem him turn into one of there enemies, but I doubt that will happen, I'm guessing they'll forgive him since he nearly had no other choice.

On top of that, I think Ichigo and Rukia have much bigger things to worry about than Urahara... *COUGH*TEHINVINCIBLEAIZEN*COUGH*. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

P.S. - Really enjoyed reading your post, seems like you feel the same way I do about everything that's happenend. ^_^

Ichigo's hollow powers

I tought that the reason that Urahara kept the fact that he had hidden the Hougyoku inside Rukia was obvious, the fewer people that know a secret the fewer people that can tell it. The fact is that even if Urahara told Rukia to never tell anyone, Rukia may one day reveal it, no matter how unintentional. Another thing is that in the living world truth serum is available, and so it is likely, what with Kido and all that, that there is a similar thing in soul society. If anyone ever questioned a number of people (including Rukia) to discover the Hougyoku's whereabouts, either through tortue or coersion (or in the case of Aizen, perhaps making Rukia think that he is Urahara) she would never be able to reveal it.

As far as we know the Hougyoku isn't harmful at all to the shinigami in whom it is sealed, so if it was never discovered it would never have effected her life. I will admit that turning Rukia into a human is questionable, but she seemed to enjoy her life in the living world enough.

As for Urahara being good or evil, I'd say that he is a good guy, but that definately doesn't mean that he's all for the heroes. Urahara, to me, seems to be the guy who is willing to make whatever sacrifices are neccesary for the greater good.

Ichigo's hollow powers

Originally posted by: Mae
    And why did he make something so dangerous in the first place? He shouldn't have been messing around with it, and now he's using others to clean up his mess. I wouldn't say it was beyond him to deliberately make Ichigo into a hybrid, although I'm not yet sure that's what happened.
    I may be wrong on this, but I don't think Urahara can go to Soul Society. When Ichigo and the others went Urahara touched the gate and it shocked him (or something like that) and woulnt let his hand pass.

I'm official.

Ichigo's hollow powers

Originally posted by: Zinobi
    Originally posted by: Mae
    I may be wrong on this, but I don't think Urahara can go to Soul Society. When Ichigo and the others went Urahara touched the gate and it shocked him (or something like that) and woulnt let his hand pass.
    Yeah, you're right, I remember that it was explained sometime in between the past few episodes. I'm fairly sure that Aizen was the one who explained it, since no one else spoke of Urahara. So, between episode 60-62... someone go check that out. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Ichigo's hollow powers

Yeah, it looks to me as though Urahara was going to go and help the others, but the gate wouldn't let him through. When SS exiles someone, they seem to really mean it. I'll get some images up post haste, my connection is kinda screwy right now.

Edit: Ah, there we are.

Image 1 and Image 2

I use manga images in this case because it gets all the information across in fewer images, and I've been recently re-reading that part of the manga, so I knew just the bit you were talking about.

Ichigo's hollow powers

Originally posted by: anphorus
    Yeah, it looks to me as though Urahara was going to go and help the others, but the gate wouldn't let him through.
    i think it's more like he was just testing it to see if it still wouldn't let him through.

Ichigo's hollow powers

Originally posted by: anphorus
    Yeah, it looks to me as though Urahara was going to go and help the others, but the gate wouldn't let him through. When SS exiles someone, they seem to really mean it. I'll get some images up post haste, my connection is kinda screwy right now.

Edit: Ah, there we are.

Image 1 and Image 2

I use manga images in this case because it gets all the information across in fewer images, and I've been recently re-reading that part of the manga, so I knew just the bit you were talking about.
    Yep, that proves he can't get through, but at the time, I thought it just meant that there was no turning back for Ichigo and the others after they went through the portal. XD

Also, I was looking for the one scene where Aizen explains that Urahara actually couldn't go to Soul Society anymore because his was exiled. I'll try to go look up some imagines that explains that part, give me a few minutes though. ^_^

EDIT: Well, this is the best I can do, since that's all they say about him in the Manga, which usually explains everything. XD

Urahara Kisuke - Exiled

I actually thought there was more to what Aizen said about Kisuke, but I guess not. ^_^;;

Ichigo's hollow powers

Note, Urahara also uses the same Gigai to hide in his little shop thing, so I don't understadn why people think it turns you into a human.
    No he doesn't. Because it's been clearly stated that Rukia's gigai strips you of your Death God powers and turns you human eventually. Which Urahara is clearly not.

quote:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Originally posted by: Kovash
    The Hougyoku has some ultimately powerful application that wasn't fully explained (though Aizen intends to use it to create a perfect Hollow Hybrid) Urahara thought it was far too dnagerous, and to hide it from Aizen (how Urahara saw through the 'ultimate' hypnosis is beyond me) he put it inside Rukia; then when she traveled to the Huam nrealm he offered her a special Gigai to supress her powers and make her very difficult to find.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

He didn't hide it from Aizen specifically he just hid it away from anyone who might misuse it, either then or in the future.
    This is correct, because if Uruhara knew Aizen was the badguy they wouldn't have had all this trouble to begin with. The point was that NOBODY knew Aizen was a badguy except for Gin and Tousen.

i'm pretty sure what urahara did was unintentional. (making ichigo hollow)
    I agree. No real proof. Just what I think. Course I'm still not sure the hole was the original cause of it anyway.

Ichigo's hollow powers

It's ironic the Hollows seem to have no problems entering the SS to rescue their little henchmen, but Urahara is totally incapable of entering...

It seems to me like the SS needs to do what the Japanese did after Commodore Perry's visit...

Ichigo's hollow powers

6. Urahara advertedly put Ichigo in the pit knowing it would make him into a hybrid hollow.

this is tha only reason i can think of

ichigo only got all he's power trough Urahara

but i'm starting to think
    2. Rukia trasfered it to him when she gave him shinigami powers.
    is tru to

based on all the facts i would say its a mixture of bouth

Ichigo's hollow powers

Originally posted by: burnout
    but i'm starting to think
    2. Rukia trasfered it to him when she gave him shinigami powers.
    is tru to

based on all the facts i would say its a mixture of bouth
    that is wrong. when Byakuya and Renji take Rukia back, Byakuya takes Ichigo's power away by destroying, i cant remember the name, which destroyed Ichigo's power. the reason why Ichigo could regain shinigami status was because he had his own power inside.

I'm official.

Ichigo's hollow powers

Maybe he got those powers from the hougyoku. What do we know, ey?

Ichigo's hollow powers

Originally posted by: DarthEnder
    Note, Urahara also uses the same Gigai to hide in his little shop thing, so I don't understadn why people think it turns you into a human.
    No he doesn't. Because it's been clearly stated that Rukia's gigai strips you of your Death God powers and turns you human eventually. Which Urahara is clearly not.
    Plus there is no reason for Urahara to hide himself... In fact, I think he still deals with Soul Society in some way or form... He was simply exiled from it, no one is looking for him to execute him... Plus a Shinigami like him would have no trouble hiding his spiritual presence if he didn't want to be found...

Ichigo's hollow powers

i wonder what is up with ichigo's blade having no hilt. there is something extremely unique about that as i still cant forget that super scared look tessai had when ichigo released zangetsu against urahara

Ichigo's hollow powers

Just to make it look more and more like a big-ass kitchen knife. I mean, look at it! What the hell were the art directors thinking?! XD