Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Book: The Chronicles of Narnia: The Lion the Witch and the Wardrobe

The Chronicles of Narnia: The Lion the Witch and the Wardrobe

Originally posted by: darkmetal505
    the battle scene was amazing though. Par with lord of the rings
    You're kidding right? That was just about one of the lamest battles ever depicted in a movie.It was like 1 minute and nothing happened during that short time.

The whole battle was like: Attack!... Retreat!... Yay we won! <-(The battle actually went on about as long as it takes to read this sentence.)

The entire movie was way too short and everything went by too fast. It felt more like a summary than an actual full movie. I felt like they didn't take the time to let me get to know the characters so I just didn't give a shit what they did or what happened to them.

The music was just horrible. It sounded like they took the soundtrack of some generic Jerry Bruckheimer action movie and just copy/pasted it.

I would say that this movie is up against Harry Potter 4 for the title of worst adaption of the year.

Awesome user with default custom title darkmetal505's Avatar

Originally posted by: el_boss
    the battle scene was amazing though. Par with lord of the rings
    You're kidding right? That was just about one of the lamest battles ever depicted in a movie.It was like 1 minute and nothing happened during that short time.

The whole battle was like: Attack!... Retreat!... Yay we won! <-(The battle actually went on about as long as it takes to read this sentence.)

The entire movie was way too short and everything went by too fast. It felt more like a summary than an actual full movie. I felt like they didn't take the time to let me get to know the characters so I just didn't give a shit what they did or what happened to them.

The music was just horrible. It sounded like they took the soundtrack of some generic Jerry Bruckheimer action movie and just copy/pasted it.

I would say that this movie is up against Harry Potter 4 for the title of worst adaption of the year.
    I dunno, I liked it. I will watch it again. The effects were good.

I dunno, I liked it. I will watch it again. The effects were good.
    Yeah they overall design was quite good and creative (altough almost everything was inspired/stolen from greek mythology). Though there was something that bothered me. In almost all parts where there was a real person, you could clearly see that the background was fake i.e. computer generated. This really ruined the experience for me.

well, i dun think it was on par w/ LotR but considering that the battle written in the book was like, ONE paragraph, i thought they did a good job extending that scene in the movie.

i loved lucy. such a cute girl! ("we have to help them!" *whips out dagger*) hahahahaaa... so cute!!!

The movie was good, I liked it. It would've been a lot better if the battle lasted longer at the end.

Generally I thought it was good. I'm a huge fan of the books and such, so I was looking forward to it no matter what. I thought it was cast fairly well, especially Lucy who had bucketloads of personality for someone so young.
    I think I know precisely what I mean
    when I say it's a schpadoinkle day

Yeah, I think that the kid who played Lucy did pretty well with her acting considering her age. I thought the movie was ok. The story sometimes felt a bit rushed, but the scenes were really nicely shot, very pretty, especially when they first entered Narnia, and the CG wasn't bad. I remember that their was some controversy about the "Christian content" when it first came out, but that kinda died down. Yes, there are Christian elements, but that's only part of the story. Decent movie, worth watching, especially if you read the books as a kid (like me), but as usual the book was better.

so with all this disscussion going on.....tell me, is it worth the price of a movie ticket to go see? Or should i just stay away all together?

Awesome user with default custom title darkmetal505's Avatar

Originally posted by: dantheman62
    so with all this disscussion going on.....tell me, is it worth the price of a movie ticket to go see? Or should i just stay away all together?
    no not anymore, just download it.

i haven't seen the movie nor readed the book.. but i did play the game and it sucked. and i heard from a friend that it was full of cliche's. should i really watch this???

TS - you're probably not gonna like it. They made the preview of the movie look too good.