Thread: Good text Tut's?

Good text Tut's?

I am looking to add text to my sig, but am not finding any good text tut's. Does anybody have any suggestions/links for some more advanced tut's? Btw, I watched Kage's tut and it helped, but I am looking for suggestions/ideas. Thank you.

Fk
    Currently watching: One Piece, Black Lagoon, Bleach, Death Note, Suzumiya Haruhi,
    The 12 Kingdoms, and Soukou no Strain (kinda)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~#blood-scanlations~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Good text Tut's?

ASK IN THE TUTORIAL THREAD!!!! USE YOUR EYES!!!!!

The tutorial thread is fucking at the top of the page, is it that hard to find it?

Good text Tut's?

hey here's a big FUCK YOU! I did read the 'photoshop' thread and NM's thread and thought that I could get more help by making my own thread for a specific question aimed at getting some links and/or help. Plus most of the links in the official thread are no longer working and the one's that are I read thru. Thanks for all the help! If an admin wishes to delete this or lock it go ahead.
    Currently watching: One Piece, Black Lagoon, Bleach, Death Note, Suzumiya Haruhi,

Good text Tut's?

What i meant was you can ask in the offical tutorial thread if you want any help, that's what it's for so use it instead of making new threads for every little problem.

Good text Tut's?

Thank you. That was all you had to say...

Good text Tut's?

CAAN...U FEEL...THE LOVE...IN GOTWOOT....

LaZie made this...a long time ago.

"It was a very depressing time in my life, since I had no money I was unable to screw the rules" -Kaiba

Good text Tut's?

If people could read and think there would be more love here.

Good text Tut's?

Man, you had to get the last word in. I told you that I read the fucking thread. Get off your high horse and stfu already.

Good text Tut's?

PSJ that first post was unnecessary, you could've just said "next time use the all purpose tutorial thread instead of making a new one"

I don't see why thats so hard to do.

As far as text goes FrogKing, my concept is to just keep it simple. Text in top of renders nowadays is whored by like everyone here. Try just grabbing an arial font on sharp, and putting it somewhere conveniant. Or if you see some space where it feels empty, instead of adding something else and making the sig too busy just add text in that spot. Match the color of the text with that of anything near it in the bg. Don't stroke it either. Thats about it, hope I helped.

Good text Tut's?

Thank's for the info Kage, I'll try some stuff out on my sig and see how it looks. I especially like the placement and blending of your's and try to put some text on Byakuya's scarf (off set the light, right half of my sig.

edit: lol, "Don't stroke it either." Sagely advice. That's why I have a wife...so I don't have to.

Good text Tut's?

Screw that. I seem to be the only one around here that actually took a typography class. You guys need to put more thought into the use of text.
    I could envision a thin stroked seriff character font positioned along the bottom in the middle, offset to the left a little. Consider seperating the text into small groups (individual characters if its just a name, for example) and try positioning them in a way that flows with the sakura. Actually, try using the same blending you used with the sakura and get them to match in appearance.

The sig looks really good in itself, so I'd try to adapt and blend the typography to it rather than just slap it on top.

For Christ's sake, don't put it on his scarf.
    10/4/04 - 8/20/07

Good text Tut's?

Ohhh, that's a good idea. Never thought about making it look like the Sakura petals. Might have to try that. Lol, "For Christ's sake, don't put it on the scarf."

Good text Tut's?

It has a very elegant and "flowy" kinda feel, which is the reason for my recommendation of font type and placement. Another option, if it doesn't blend with the sakura too well, is to make it white and try to blend with the patches of white behind the sakura. In that case it might look better with a thin san-seriff font that isn't broken up.
    10/4/04 - 8/20/07