Page 39 of 77 FirstFirst ... 2935363738394041424349 ... LastLast

Thread: Today I learned...

Today I learned that the rudimentary sewing skills I learned when I was 12 during home economics classes are enough to fix the knees of my jeans. Two more pairs I don't have to replace for a couple months.

Like a lot of thing you can learn that don't seem useful at the time you learn them, being able to sew (albeit not that competently) helps out a lot more than you think.

being able so sew/cook is more useful in real life then most of the stuff you learn in highschool

Awesome user with default custom title XanBcoo's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Assassin
    being able so sew/cook is more useful in real life then most of the stuff you learn in highschool
    Quoted for truth about the cooking. Sewing has never come in handy for me, though.

Today I finally figured out the bass part to Sweet Child o' Mine by GNR. The hard part was figuring out how the intro was supposed to sound and also the notes in between the root notes of every chord. I think I've got it down now, just need to practice for speed and accuracy. I love being able to play along with the song now.

<@Terra> he told me this, "man actually meeting terra is so fucking big", and he started crying. Then he bought me hot dogs

Today, I learned that I don't fail at computers. I also learned that I do fail at Geometry. YAY!
    Now 99% disease free!

Today I learned that I too fail at Geometry. I also learned that XanBcoo's signature is as ugly and grotesque as sin.
    Don't believe in yourself, believe in me, who believes in you.

i learned that people are being asses to me on irc

Don't worry. We're asses to everyone on IRC. Its true. I've been eaten and kicked be teh d3vil soo many times its not funny. Well...actually...it is funny.....
    Last edited by Lucifus; Mon, 05-14-2007 at 12:36 PM.
    Don't believe in yourself, believe in me, who believes in you.

Today I spent a delicious amount of maybe 30 minutes reflecting over the fact that my life is probably damn near perfect.

I might have my bad days and my complexes (mostly brought on by a mix of vanity and childhood abuse of various kinds) but overall everything is as solid as can be.

Behold why!

- I live in a rich country without exaggerated amounts of violence & crime (at least not more than in any other country with generally high standards).
    - I don't have any immediate flaws in my appearance, sure, everybody can't love everybody when it comes to looks.. but I'm neutral enough to not be hated, and hot enough to have fanclubs.
    - I have found a hobby that I really enjoy putting all my free time into (music: drums) and I'm also pretty good at it. Additionally the songwriter in my new band is a genius and we have lots of contacts in the business.
    - My parents are alive, well and loving. They are also very generous and hand me cash when I need it. They have helped me through tough times and make me feel a little less worthless for not having a job right now.
    - I am not stupid. My grades are above average and my english skills are excellent compared to the average scandinavian dito.
    - I have a wide social network and have no problems with making friends, getting women to want me or anything else when it comes to socializing. I'm oh so funny and charismatic!
    - The best fuckbuddy I've ever had lives 5 minutes away. The other two I have live ~20 & ~40 minutes away respectively.

So to all the guys here who keep calling me gay, silly, lame & other derogatory words with the intention of trying to insult me (calling me gay otherwise is okay because I am fucked up): GET DOWN ON YOUR KNEES BECAUSE I FUCKING OWN YOU, HAH!
    MY LIFE > YOURS! GWEAHAHAHAHAHAA

So yeah. That's what I learned today. I never really reflected this way before. Maybe I'm just in a happy mood?!

Today I learned I'm part pack mule.

How i learned this you ask well I'm a filmmaker in the Seattle area. I'm doing a mini on the international district. I walked the entire 10 block area that encompases it. Took two hours to do it. I was draggin a back pack with two 35mm camera bodies on 50mm lens, a 60-300mm telephoto, a 75-120mm telephoto, a Leica Digital camera, and sekonic light meter. On otp of that i had an XL2 on a manffrotto tripod which weight a good fifteen pounds. Not heavy right away but by hour two it felt like it weighed a ton.

I looked liked some journalist from Vietnam.

To lefty - Now to tell us what everything means!

Today I learned that my Business Systems and Tech teacher is a real pushover. An exam with 93 questions, finished within ten minutes is NOT SATISFYING, NOR GRATIFYING!

Anyway, I am happy that it was so easy, being that I failed my Geometry exam with flying colors...

Yah.
    Last edited by python862; Fri, 05-18-2007 at 10:07 AM. Reason: Changing a word...
    Now 99% disease free!

Student
    Today i learned that playing FF IX with the controller upside down was hard to master *_*

I learned The origins of QWERTY
    10/4/04 - 8/20/07

I can walk 3km's in 30 minutes.

Which equates to me walking at the speed of 6km/h.
    MmmMmm. Ooiiishiii

About 50% of the world is lactose intolerant...however lactose intolerance is actually a more natural characteristic for humans, so a more appropriate perspective would be to say that those of us who have genetically evolved a tolerance for lactose should be labeled as lactase persistent

http://www.sanger.ac.uk/Info/News-re...6/061212.shtml
    10/4/04 - 8/20/07

Quote Originally Posted by AssertnFailure
    About 50% of the world is lactose intolerant...
    It's a damn curse, I tell you. I wish I was one of those mutants who never lose their ability to digest lactose. I'm the only one in my family who is intolerant

If I could change my name
    to Saberfire... I would
    Today I learned (rather yesterday) that one of the dogs in this house chewed though the wires that connects to house alarm, and triggered it.

The worst thing was I wasn't home at the time and the owners of the house were out of the country at that moment.

Need less to say I had a interesting day when I got home, to find police cars in front of my house and the dogs very...very scared.
    image fail!

Awesome user with default custom title XanBcoo's Avatar
    Today I learned that the most awesome sentence in the English language is: Buffalo buffalo Buffalo buffalo buffalo buffalo Buffalo buffalo.

lol wut??

<@Terra> he told me this, "man actually meeting terra is so fucking big", and he started crying. Then he bought me hot dogs

Didn't know buffaloes were such bullies. No wonder they were hunted near extinction.

today i learned Excel in an army class (just the real basics of it, but it was still more than i knew before).
    yesterday i learned that taking basic computer classes in the military is like competing in the disabled olyempics. it doesn't matter wheather you 'win' or not, its just stupid (example of the test: "how can i pass between open windows?").

Awesome user with default custom title itadakimasu's Avatar
    DeathBOO, i thought the israelis were pretty hi-tek... what happened ?

anyhow, what i learned today.... The new guy they hired that took the job i had last year.... he's going to get fired; i dont know this absolutely yet but he does nothing, and is facebook/myspacing without having even done any of his job duties. I have a totally different job so i get to sit at a computer and be doing next to nothing