Page 25 of 77 FirstFirst ... 152122232425262728293575 ... LastLast

Thread: Today I learned...

Today i truly learned how fucking early 5 am is when you have to START work then.

A few days ago I learned that the capacitors inside a CRT monitor can retain their charge for weeks. I was planning on taking apart my monitor and painting the casing, but after learning of the fatal risks involved, I'm having second thoughts.

Today I learned that I probably spend way more time here on the forum than what would be considered healthy.

I also learned today that I should not partake in the viewing of this forum while under the influence of alcohol as I seem to have lost my common sense! Sorry Bud
    Last edited by IFHTT; Sat, 04-15-2006 at 03:40 PM.

Today i learned that i am unable to operate on 3 hours of sleep, i want my 8-10 hours. Sadly i never get that many, fucking school.

8-10? I haven't had 8 hours of sleep for a couple years now. Not due to school of course

Quote Originally Posted by IFingHateTonTon
    Today I learned that I probably spend way more time here on the forum than what would be considered healthy.

I also learned today that I should not partake in the viewing of this forum while under the influence of alcohol as I seem to have lost my common sense! Sorry Bud

But everything seems so right when you are under the influence. It's like you can do no wrong lol. But in the aftermath you realize that most of the times you are.

Today i relearned that walking in the rain when the temperature is unstable is very bad for your health... But it feels so good. I hope i never learn that it is possible to be struck by lightning when walking in the rain.
    Last edited by dragonrage; Sat, 04-15-2006 at 08:15 PM.
    ___
    ---------------------------- "THE DROPOUT CREW"--------------------------------
    ________Deblas, IfingHateTonTon, RyougaZell, dragonrage.________

________ we may fuck up alot but we always pull thru.

Benevolent Dictator
    Blog Entries
    Today I learned that pictures of flowers in the springtime practically take themselves. They're easy to take, they almost always look great ... in short, there's no challenge at all to it.

It's sort of unfulfilling, to be honest. I took like 90 pictures today, and like 80 of them were somewhere between decent and good. With other subject matter, it's hard to hit a 30% ratio of good pictures to pictures taken ... with flowers, it's like automatic 70-80% or more. All you need is decent sunlight and the ability to use "macro" mode on your camera.

I need to find more challenging, but still interesting subject matter.

Black and white mail boxes.

I learned that i am an idiot that talked himself into getting up at 5 am again

today I learned that with two simple forum screw ups a noob like me gets a rating of "sorta blows" and that I have gotten on the bad side of one of the moderators

anybody know how to get your rating up? lol...
    peace.

Quote Originally Posted by naruto=pwnage
    today I learned that with two simple forum screw ups a noob like me gets a rating of "sorta blows" and that I have gotten on the bad side of one of the moderators

anybody know how to get your rating up? lol...
    peace.

count yourself luck, it could have been alot worst. As for getting your rating up, put out quality post and following the rules help. But generally it mean you have to stop being lazy. For one you have to start posting in the right section. Learn to do a basic search before creating a thread. Read the damn rules, and follow them (that helps a whole lot). Just be yourself and well if people see what they like........

Welcome to the forums. I have read all your post so far. You seem ok, just alittle too damn lazy, change that and you will be ok.. Enjoy Gotwoot and be kind to those mods. cause they hold your fate in there hands, unless they are being pricks which seldom to never happens.
    ___
    ---------------------------- "THE DROPOUT CREW"--------------------------------
    ________Deblas, IfingHateTonTon, RyougaZell, dragonrage.________

________ we may fuck up alot but we always pull thru.

thanks for the advice, I'll be sure to follow it. and yah. I have been a lazy ass.

Quote Originally Posted by naruto=pwnage
    and that I have gotten on the bad side of one of the moderators
    join the club

That place over there........ahh never mind
    lol, I'm pretty sure every mod doesnt like someone here.....I think.

hmmmm, what did I learn today? I learned that I could've caught my moms plant holder from falling and breaking after I pushed my stupid brothers friend into it, but would've ended up breaking a lamp b/c I would've had to push him again to catch it. So I just let it fall.
    Last edited by Knives122; Sat, 04-15-2006 at 09:20 PM.

R.I.P Captain America.

Today I learned that the new interface for the GW forums is the bomb diggity and it's so great that I've just praised it twice in two different threads!

(Oh man, I can't believe "bomb diggity" just became part of my vocabulary.....)

Quote Originally Posted by Honoko
    (Oh man, I can't believe "bomb diggity" just became part of my vocabulary.....)
    I don't blame you, it just rolls off the tongue so well.

Awesome user with default custom title The Heretic Azazel's Avatar
    Today I learned producer Rick Rubin tried to make the Black Crowes take the name Kobb Kounty Krows (KKK) before they released their first album.

today i learned that ATVs can take a lot of paintball hits...until one hits the driver and causes him to fall off.

LaZie made this...a long time ago.

"It was a very depressing time in my life, since I had no money I was unable to screw the rules" -Kaiba

Today I learned, no matter how much you despise someone, you can't help but feel terrible for them when they lose a parent.

Today I learned that waxing isn't as painful as people keep insisting it is.
    I think I know precisely what I mean
    when I say it's a schpadoinkle day

Quote Originally Posted by Raven
    Today I learned that waxing isn't as painful as people keep insisting it is.
    I would think it would depend on where you're waxing...