Page 58 of 77 FirstFirst ... 84854555657585960616268 ... LastLast
Results 1,141 to 1,160 of 1539

Thread: Today I learned...

I've recently decided to scroll through the Help section for a lot of games, and to my surprise, a lot of commands I thought to be useful were incorporated into the game. Whispering to friends has never been easier or simply ignoring someone with less text than having to type "/ignore <username>".
    Last edited by Nadouku; Sun, 01-18-2009 at 05:59 PM. Reason: Removed a certain text entry because it was wrong.
    I am training in the shadows.
    Currently playing: All of your games, probably.

If I could change my name
    to Saberfire... I would
    How to kill a person another 3 ways, giving my total to about 27 known ways that I can do with my hands.
    Last edited by Deadfire; Thu, 01-22-2009 at 12:21 PM.
    image fail!

Quote Originally Posted by Deadfire
    How to kill a person another 3 ways, giving my total to about 27 known ways that I can do with my hands.

lol very interesting, could you name a few ways?
    "The End Justify The Means"

Quote Originally Posted by paper mache
    lol very interesting, could you name a few ways?
    I imagine it'd be (1)pull trigger on M16 (2)pull trigger on 9mm pistol (3)pull trigger on AK47... (21)stab with knife (22)stab with sword (23)stab with short sword...etc.

For God will not permit that we shall know what is to come... those who by some sorcery or by some dream might come to pierce the veil that lies so darkly over all that is before them may serve by just that vision to cause that God should wrench the world from its heading and set it upon another course altogether and then where stands the sorcerer? Where the dreamer and his dream?

Quote Originally Posted by Animeniax
    I imagine it'd be (1)pull trigger on M16 (2)pull trigger on 9mm pistol (3)pull trigger on AK47... (21)stab with knife (22)stab with sword (23)stab with short sword...etc.

I was thinking the same thing, guns and sharp objects are the only 27 known ways I know and It never failed yet .

Family Friendly Mascot Buffalobiian's Avatar
    DF said with his hands. I bet he means with only his hands.

If it's not Isuzu-chan Mii~

Well, washing dishes never became so much harder than before. I reached in to pull something out and had myself cut (through my washing gloves). It was quite painful to continue washing so I decided to let someone else finish the job while I applied band-aid to the wound. I looked back and saw that a yoplait (after he pulled it out) was sitting at the bottom at the dishes, with 3/4 of its foil cover still on. I never knew that foil could be so sharp, but I guess I know now.

Quote Originally Posted by Nadouku
    Well, washing dishes never became so much harder than before. I reached in to pull something out and had myself cut (through my washing gloves). It was quite painful to continue washing so I decided to let someone else finish the job while I applied band-aid to the wound. I looked back and saw that a yoplait (after he pulled it out) was sitting at the bottom at the dishes, with 3/4 of its foil cover still on. I never knew that foil could be so sharp, but I guess I know now.
    The foil on food products can be deadly, I remember when the foil on a Jello pudding snack cut me, it wasn't pretty

When its possible to easily cut yourself with paper why it would be not possible with thin foil?
    Number of works of fiction that made me shed at least one tear: 3
    Thou seeketh soul power, dost thou not?
    TOX: 33524385841A92B08787EEBEBA2DB51ED293C4F15A2E292F3F C92165E82388281433A77EA8FE

Paper cuts are pretty hard to come by, but foil is just plain easy, since they just tear right through your protective skin. Doesn't matter where it cuts, it'll cut.

Quote Originally Posted by Bill
    Ever worked in an office?

Paper cuts don't happen very often, but it's more common than foil cuts for me. (I've never had a foil cut). I'd expect that to be the case for most people, since this is the first I've heard of someone complain of a foil cut.
    Nope, never had experience in working in an office before. But, any work that has anything to do with piles of paper, I can probably tell that it's gonna cause a lot of paper cuts.
    Last edited by Nadouku; Thu, 01-29-2009 at 06:03 PM. Reason: Replying to Bill's response.

Family Friendly Mascot Buffalobiian's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Nad
    Paper cuts are pretty hard to come by
    Ever worked in an office?

Paper cuts don't happen very often, but it's more common than foil cuts for me. (I've never had a foil cut). I'd expect that to be the case for most people, since this is the first I've heard of someone complain of a foil cut.

If it's not Isuzu-chan Mii~

i cut myself with my English coursebook once.

and today i learned that nightmare on Edge Master in soul calibur 4 is great for training, the more you fight with him the stronger he gets.
    Number of works of fiction that made me shed at least one tear: 3
    Thou seeketh soul power, dost thou not?
    TOX: 33524385841A92B08787EEBEBA2DB51ED293C4F15A2E292F3F C92165E82388281433A77EA8FE

Starcraft Course opened for College - earn credits

"Students in UC - Berkeley can take up StarCraft studies for college credits. Something we’ve never imagined would happen. I figure World of Warcraft would’ve been the first to be opened for classes but Starcraft did come out much earlier than WoW. Maybe another 2-3 years?"

I just learned about that course today and that's pretty sweet. However, the course credit might be very low, in the 1 or 2. Still, it would be a fun class to attend.

I don't know, a class full of dorks and geeks? Might as well join the engineering department. This is one reason I'm not looking forward to taking Japanese 101 at uni. All of the otaku dorks and geeks will get obnoxious real quick.

For God will not permit that we shall know what is to come... those who by some sorcery or by some dream might come to pierce the veil that lies so darkly over all that is before them may serve by just that vision to cause that God should wrench the world from its heading and set it upon another course altogether and then where stands the sorcerer? Where the dreamer and his dream?

Lasers? Cookies? FTW!
    (universally beloved
    moderator ex-emerita)
    I always find it interesting to find out other peoples' impressions of me, although today one of my friends, or I guess more accurately a friendly acquaintance, met my sister, and told her that he was glad to talk to someone who "says more than 5 words in a conversation". I'm not really sure what to make of this remark. I mean, my sister is generally quite a bit more extroverted and expressive of herself than I am, but I didn't think I was all that reticent. Why don't extroverted people understand the value of companionable silence?

So yes, I learned today that perhaps I should make an effort to be more talkative.

Why don't extroverted people understand the value of companionable silence?
    Companionable silence tends to be left with an "awkward" and "discomfited" silence among two ppl.

Talk a little more, even if he was only......."associates"

Quote Originally Posted by paper mache
    Companionable silence tends to be left with an "awkward" and "discomfited" silence among two ppl.

Talk a little more, even if he was only......."associates"
    Fortunately I live in a country where such silence is a tradition rather than oddity. Although new generation yuppies certainly do their utmost to change that.

i actually don't mind people who talk more than i do, mostly because they keep bringing up subjects of conversations during random silences so that i don't have to rack my brains trying to think of something to say lol. then again, i can be fairly talkative if i have a good subject to talk about, so maybe that's why it works for me

Silence tends to make extroverted people uncomfortable the same way the that introverted people can get uncomfortable or even tired by extended conversations.

My friends and I still enjoy annoying the hell out of one of our friends by abruptly cutting off the conversation simultaneously. After about two-three minutes he'd completely flip out and start babbling nonsense to kick start a conversation again. It works best in a car.

Today I learned that salami is fermented, and that's a part of why it lasts so long, aside from the regular curing process.

today I learned that the Mexicans (RZ... I'm looking at you!) have some coins similar to the israeli ten NIS, and I learned it because some jerko (again, RZ maybe?) paid me with it.

instead of this

I got this

on the same subject (all the story was for this), I've started working the cash registry this week, and that's the closest thing to promotion I'll get working in that store (heck, it means I can write in my resume that I know to work the cash machine!)

sig made by Itachi-y2k5, thanks, dude!
    Currently Watching: probably a show directed at 9 years old girls, lets be honest.

You know the important distinction between Batman and me? Batman is fictional. In real life, there isn't always an alternative.