Page 38 of 77 FirstFirst ... 2834353637383940414248 ... LastLast

Thread: Today I learned...

Quote Originally Posted by Death BOO Z
    This weekend I learned...
    It's not safe to give me video games.
    That's essentially what I learned when I played MGS3 - in a 48 hour period, 21 of that was the game, from beginning to end.

Also, today I learned that having a flu, then going to try and compete in a French speaking competition may not have been the best decision I've made.

Quote Originally Posted by Spiegel
    When is it legal? Today I learned that a lot of my home state peoples are idiots. Go Alabama!
    1. When you are not the instigator, you didn't provoke the other person verbally or physically.

2. When you or someone else is at risk of great bodily harm, such as getting shot, raped, stabbed, killed, etc....

3. When you or the person threatened has no reasonable means of escape.

If all three of these conditions are met, go for the eyes and push towards the brain! Or grab the throat hard and pull at it as if you were ripping out a plug, it's easier than punching the throat because there's some pretty tough armor there even if it doesn't seem like it.

P.S. Or use common sense when you know you can't win, like if they have a gun aimed at you point blank.

Awesome user with default custom title XanBcoo's Avatar
    Today I realized that Tagalog and Spanish are more similar than I had originally thought.

Perhaps not as similar as Italian and Spanish, but enough for me to understand to shut up when a Filipina friend told me to "quite la woca". I guess it makes sense, seeing as the Philippines were occupied by Spain for so long.

Edit: Looking it up, I was right in assuming that Spanish and Tagalog aren't related at all. The latter just has a load of loan-words and phrases from Spanish, as well as a few other languages. I find that incredibly interesting!
    Last edited by XanBcoo; Tue, 03-06-2007 at 07:42 PM.

<@Terra> he told me this, "man actually meeting terra is so fucking big", and he started crying. Then he bought me hot dogs

today i learned that no matter how much fun an interview was to conduct, or is to listen to, it's still a pain in the ass to transcribe. *ded from the boring*

Not so much something I've learned...but something alot of you should find interesting:
    http://www.rockonflash.com/blog/?p=33

This is a great example of just how much superior Flash Player 9 is over Flash Player 8 =]
    10/4/04 - 8/20/07

Quote Originally Posted by XanBcoo
    ...enough for me to understand to shut up when a Filipina friend told me to "quite la woca".
    Didn't you ask if you could still keep humming the melody even if you had to quit the vocals? >_>

Awesome user with default custom title XanBcoo's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Kraco
    Didn't you ask if you could still keep humming the melody even if you had to quit the vocals? >_>
    Probably!

Oddly enough, I'm having trouble finding the phrase on any online Tagalog dictionaries. Perhaps it's slang .

<@Terra> he told me this, "man actually meeting terra is so fucking big", and he started crying. Then he bought me hot dogs

If I could change my name
    to Saberfire... I would
    I learned today that I shadered the record time of completion of the final project

Most take 3 days

I took 5 hours

and 100% to boot

As well I learned to day that there is no more work to do in school, thus I'm complety done. The only think I have to do is meet with a few people (one about money the other about a career)

I also learned today how booking flights online are....interesting
    image fail!

Today I learned that Bud ownz at DJing Gotwoot Radio.
    Also how to do excellent renders.
    And a new sig style.(Do the sigs, jsut forget the blur step >.>, seems people dont like blur =[)
    Don't believe in yourself, believe in me, who believes in you.

Lasers? Cookies? FTW!
    (universally beloved
    moderator ex-emerita)
    Today I learned that I've been accepted to grad school!!!! Yay! I shall avoid the 'real world' for two more years, hehe.

Today I learned of FSN's awesomeness. I also learned that prolonged "fights" with Spiegel and z on IRC will get me kicked, thankfully not banned though. *phew!*

Special thanks to Lucifus for this fine sig and avatar!

a fountain pourin' like an avalanche, comin' down the mountain
    today i learned that a good's being price responsive means that it is inelastic in demand.
    i also bombed a midterm

also learned that:
    Around 1/4th of US troops returning from Iraq/Afghanistan show signs of mental health problems.

and that The FBI officially broke rules while spying on Americans in accordance to the Patriot Act The linked document in this article offers, to me, serious rationale for severe punishment of FBI officials.
    Last edited by masamuneehs; Wed, 03-14-2007 at 02:58 AM.

Humans are different from animals. We must die for a reason. Now is the time for us to regulate ourselves and reclaim our dignity. The one who holds endless potential and displays his strength and kindness to the world. Only mankind has God, a power that allows us to go above and beyond what we are now, a God that we call "possibility".

Today I learned that I bombed a number theory quiz and I tapped out too late on a ankle lock in grappling.

Today I learned not to sleep in when you have work...or you will be screwed....

If I could change my name
    to Saberfire... I would
    Today I learned I'm finally done, I thought it would take forever but I did it. Now I'm into the working world...again

My student loan got to $16,000 however I now have my "Network Administrator, and Internet Security" Degree.

Finishing with a 91% Average and 110% attendance qualifies me for some money off my loan but who knows, I'm not one that counts on the Canadian government to give me anything.

At the moment I'm doing the second last day of my 2 week internship...that I'm not going to get hired. So I'm looking for places to work (noticing of course they aren't anywhere in where I live, and most are in the states)
    image fail!

Today I learned...

If all the members of GotWoot were Ninja... the world would be screwed.

Oh, and that I really hate having going to work in the middle of a mission on a character I just started in Guild Wars.

Today I learned no ones posted in this thread for a month.

Today i learned i have been playing GuildWars for over a month. I also learned posting from your phone is challenging and fun.

Today I learned that playing too much Metal Gear Solid online isn't necessarily good for you, and if doing so on the PSP, doubly so.

Also: using the PSP is even more challenging and fun...not to mention painful.
    Now 99% disease free!

Benevolent Dictator
    Blog Entries
    Today I learned that I'm going to have to bust my ass after finals to get the server moves that need to be worked out worked out and get a static-routed vpn up and running so I can put my users in useful places when they remodel my lab. My deadline for moving the rack out of my lab (and thus for moving the servers that need to move out of the rack) is Wednesday or so of next week. I was hoping for another 2 weeks or so to write good firewall and routing rules, get agreements negotiated and control of the servers that are going transferred over, and generally make sense of things.

So I've got a week to do what I wanted 3 weeks to do. And until I spend half of that time in meetings, I won't have any idea how to proceed. Feck.