Page 37 of 77 FirstFirst ... 2733343536373839404147 ... LastLast

Thread: Today I learned...

today i have learned everything that you guys have learned

ty psj for this sig

If I could change my name
    to Saberfire... I would
    When I pull my USB jump drive out of a windows vista machine (with out ejecting it) it will crash the computer so hard that you need to reinstall

(I'm serious I did this at work, I laughed so loud that people were worried about me)

I also learned that the Windows upgrade advisor has no compatibility data for my IDE channels

how exactly does it not know what IDE drives are?
    Last edited by Deadfire; Tue, 01-30-2007 at 05:48 PM.
    image fail!

Today I learned that Kaspersky anti-virus is more over protective than my mother, and the only reason I couldn't play GunZ Online was because of it. Bitdefender baby!

I also learned two alternative ways to do mathematical proof by induction other than doing the k+1 method.

Today i learned that my teachers are complete idiots for letting me have a laptop at school. They think all i am doing is taking notes but what they don't see is that there is a USB cable heading straight to my phone connected to the internet. Now if only i could hack onto school wireless without Novell...

Today I learned never to use #20 gage wire while you let 10 volts and over 10 Amps flow through it. Wire can catch fire too. Now if they had only waited until I brought the #12 from home...

Today I learned that upon cracking your back vigorously a few times, you can't stand for a little bit...

and that a squirrel+eagle=squeagle.

LaZie made this...a long time ago.

"It was a very depressing time in my life, since I had no money I was unable to screw the rules" -Kaiba

Today I learned that my contacts are not conducive to playing video games that require rapid eye-movements. Oh, wait, that's all video games.

Benevolent Dictator
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Spiegel
    Today i learned that my teachers are complete idiots for letting me have a laptop at school. They think all i am doing is taking notes but what they don't see is that there is a USB cable heading straight to my phone connected to the internet. Now if only i could hack onto school wireless without Novell...
    My campus has at about 98% wireless coverage. People who bring laptops to lectures often spend their lectures playing DOTA or CS:S online instead of paying attention or taking notes.

The high school I went to, I wouldn't dare bring a laptop or anything of any significant value to. Lots of thefts, even from locked lockers. Lots of gangbangers -> no backpacks, no coats carried in the building during school hours (for fear of guns, mostly).

Quote Originally Posted by complich8
    My campus has at about 98% wireless coverage. People who bring laptops to lectures often spend their lectures playing DOTA or CS:S online instead of paying attention or taking notes.

The high school I went to, I wouldn't dare bring a laptop or anything of any significant value to. Lots of thefts, even from locked lockers. Lots of gangbangers -> no backpacks, no coats carried in the building during school hours (for fear of guns, mostly).
    Yes, i am in high school, A catholic high school. not so much theft here. I don't think they would want to steal a 1998 laptop anyway.

Awesome user with default custom title XanBcoo's Avatar
    Today I learned the bass parts for "I want you back" by the Jackson 5, "Day Tripper", and "Jumpin Jack Flash".

Haven't got 'em down perfect, but they're really fun to play regardless.

<@Terra> he told me this, "man actually meeting terra is so fucking big", and he started crying. Then he bought me hot dogs

Quote Originally Posted by complich8

Today I learned that my physics class is about 3 rooms away from the necessary range of the wireless router ...

That and mixing different types of cereal can result in a sensual orgy in your mouth.

Today I learned (from someone else) that when you try to fart 3 times and can't you have to shit, and when you fail at farting the 2nd time you risk a shart.

LaZie made this...a long time ago.

"It was a very depressing time in my life, since I had no money I was unable to screw the rules" -Kaiba

Today I learned spending hours sitting down tring to make potentially crappy banners instead of doing homework blows. O and I'm free of the FCAT for life.
    Don't believe in yourself, believe in me, who believes in you.

Lasers? Cookies? FTW!
    (universally beloved
    moderator ex-emerita)
    Today I learned that I wasn't the one who broke the chemical vapour deposition machine. Whew. Nor were there any outward signs of it being broken when I used it (I'd only just been trained, and it was my first time using it alone, and I thought I'd been watching all the dials, but couldn't remember for sure....). Now it's all happily fixed, so I can use it tomorrow. Hurrah! Finally I can deposit some silicon dioxide on my samples and continue with my experiment.

Today I learned not to trust what people say. It could be far from the truth...

"KitKat shows a faint glimmer around `his` head"

Ah! My whole world is now upside down!
    Don't believe in yourself, believe in me, who believes in you.

Today i learned that you need big empty space to train with nunchakus. Not just in front or behind you but also above you... My beautiful lamp

I learned how to and when it's legal to stick your thumb in someones eye and aim for the brain.

When is it legal? Today I learned that a lot of my home state peoples are idiots. Go Alabama!

This weekend I learned...
    It's not safe to give me video games.
    seriously, i have about 60 hours away from the army and I spend far too many of them infront of the screen, hackin' away monsters and my free time..
    the deal is simple, I visited hardcoregamers101, saw the summonnight article, downloaded the GBA roms, started playing - and bamm! I end up going to bed at 0600 and wake up at 0930. then I keep playing a while more until noon, stopping only to watch Smallville marthon until dinner. afterwards i go visit a friend of mine, fall asleep (about 3 hours of sleep over the night, what do you expect?), when i got back home, i finished the game, then played a little more, and went to bed, this time for 4 hours. woke up, finished the 100floors maze, played a little more, and gave up when I realized I can't get 100% of the game without a do over.
    So I started summon-night 2.
    I barely got to check my e-mail, see anime or get some sleep, give me a video game and i turn to a zombie. same thing happened with Prince of Persia, Shaman king and Heroes IV.
    Usually it's not so bad, since i have a lousy computer and i don't own a gaming console, so i hardly get to play anything.. but if you give me a decent game, it's all over. A complete waste of my time. I don't leave time for anything important, i didn't even get a haircut becuase i was too into the game to care.

well, at least i finished one game, i'm keeping the sequal for next weekend.

Well, one thing I learned in the army is that a soldier gotta sleep when he can, even at odd places and times. Because too often he can't. Sounds like you keep practicing that "good" habit even outside of the service... >_>