Page 21 of 78 FirstFirst ... 111718192021222324253171 ... LastLast

Thread: Today I learned...

Lasers? Cookies? FTW!
    (universally beloved
    moderator ex-emerita)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr Squiggles
    Today I learned that I am such a geek. when you said "mace" the first thing that came to mind was something like this:

I can just picture KitKat wielding that thing trying to fight off the bandits and goblins
    Oh believe me, I'm just as much of a geek as you are

*Bandits and goblins surround KitKat outside the abandoned factory*

*KitKat pwns them all with her mace*

nice, illustration..... nice of you to demonstrate the proper way to use "mase"... thank you for the lesson.
    ___
    ---------------------------- "THE DROPOUT CREW"--------------------------------
    ________Deblas, IfingHateTonTon, RyougaZell, dragonrage.________

________ we may fuck up alot but we always pull thru.

That looks like a good area for astronomical observation. And Today, you all learned that IFHTT loves him some astronomical observation. I just call it telescopin'. I hereby claim the title geek supreme. Well maybe not supreme, but I like to consider myself one hell of a geek.

I have to say I absolutely love your expression in that scene, KitKat! You kill a bandit and a vicious goblin without a single blinking of an eye, with a totally uncaring and blank expression. To be honest, most bandits and all goblins would have never dared to even confront you, after seeing that expression. They must have been a couple of very brave, or stupid, specimen that chose to be sent to their maker by your mace.

Edit: Oh... I must correct myself. It's not a blank expression at all. It's the same that your avatar has, only with the eyes open! It's just horrible. It's as if you almost but not quite smiled to the enemy, just before killing him, with no hesitation or remorse.
    Last edited by Kraco; Mon, 04-03-2006 at 06:19 PM.

Or rather, they were afraid of the strangely-shaped head of hers. I mean, if I walked by and saw a head like that, I'd stay the hell away.

Today i learned that i really really want a bot network.

Awesome user with default custom title XanBcoo's Avatar
    Today I learned that with a small ammount of data from light from other galaxies, you can figure out the approximate age of the universe.

Today I learned how to calculate the Profitability Index of a financial project.

Today I learned some basics on Inverse Kinematics...then revised the code from two steps to recursively one step.
    10/4/04 - 8/20/07

Today I learned that July 7 will be one of the best days ever. Tool are coming to sweden! Let me repeat that. Tool are coming to sweden!

Lucky. I hope they announce a US tour after this one and I hope the come back here. I saw them in 2002 and I will see them again any time they come within reasonable driving range. Have you ever seen them live? Holy shit it's like a spirtual experience. You feel rejuvinated and alive after the concert lol.

Awesome user with default custom title The Heretic Azazel's Avatar
    I saw them in 2002 as well. It was funny, the stage set up had these 2 large balloon clusters, meant to look like molecules, floating over some fans on the stage, and one kept hitting Maynard in the head. Anyway, it was fuckin awesome, though I wish I didn't have shitty seats.

Fuck i can't, can't, can't goddamn wait for the new album to drop... and holy shit, the first single is supposed to hit radio this month!!

Yeah the huge molecule balloons. haha. They couldn't get the one on the left to stay up, it kept floating out from over the fan and flying backwards. Was Maynard at the back of the stage like siliouetted at your's heretic?

They played here in 2001 after the release of lateralus. It was truly a mind blowing experience, words can't describe it. They didn't have the ballons, but they had two huge screens set up where they showed various weird clips. I don't know if it was controlled by someone, but the music actually synced with the videos. They are probably the most amazing live band ever.

The new single "Vicarious" will be aired april 17 on radio and from what I've read they are working on the video. The album will be released may 2 in america and may 1 in some places depending on where in the world you live.

...Today I learned that yous guys like Tool to.:P

Awesome user with default custom title The Heretic Azazel's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by IFingHateTonTon
    Yeah the huge molecule balloons. haha. They couldn't get the one on the left to stay up, it kept floating out from over the fan and flying backwards. Was Maynard at the back of the stage like siliouetted at your's heretic?
    lol, they had the problem with the left one when I went. And that's where Maynard was.

That place over there........ahh never mind
    Today I learned that when I'm bored I play KH2, and listen to these Bleach op/ed all day long

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qzq1algcQA4
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D6qxOWzId64

Last edited by Knives122; Tue, 04-04-2006 at 03:55 PM.

R.I.P Captain America.

Today I learned FMA is awesome! Yes, I know, how have I not seen it already?

Today I learnt that I am a partial insomniac.

Lasers? Cookies? FTW!
    (universally beloved
    moderator ex-emerita)
    Yay Tool! I wish I could see them live too. el boss, you'll have to tell us all about it when you go to the concert.

Today I learned that approximately 130 million mobile phones (about 65,000 tons) are thrown out in the US each year. All that delicious lead and cadmium entering the ecosystem....

Well if it makes you feel any better, think of it as ashes to ashes and dust to dust... all this stuff comes from the earth anyway, we are just returning it to where it came from.