Page 16 of 77 FirstFirst ... 61213141516171819202666 ... LastLast

Thread: Today I learned...

I learned that in 2 years I might have my friend's dad as a professor.

Today I learned that your shower will get even more fucked up if its been leaking for 3 months and you just leave it alone. Now, not only is it constantly leaking, but now theres no hot water coming. Me and my roommates kept pestering our RA about this who claims he's called maintenance but NOTHING has happened during these 3 months. Dammit, I dunno wtf is going to happen now.
    This fantastic Sousuke sig was made by the one and only Lucifus! Thanks man!

Start a fire in the bathroom and claim you were trying to heat up the water for a bath. That should get the maintenance guys to hurry up

That place over there........ahh never mind
    a couple of weeks ago I learned that GLS likes the dubbed One Piece opening

R.I.P Captain America.

Awesome user with default custom title The Heretic Azazel's Avatar
    Today I learned I'm not the only person in the world who likes the dub OP for One Piece.

Gotta go gotta go WOOOOOOOOOOOAAAHHH HOOOOOOH

Today I learned that you can forgive people but can not forget.

Awesome user with default custom title XanBcoo's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Jadugar
    Today I learned that you can forgive people but can not forget.
    Oh man, this has always been a huge problem for me. I'm a pretty forgiving guy, especially to my friends. "Water under the bridge" I'll always say, and I hardly ever get pissed if they do something which negatively affects me and I realize it was an accident or something. But I can never really "forget" the incident, if it was big enough. It's possible to carry a grudge because of the memory of what a person has done to me, even though I've forgiven them completely.

Quote Originally Posted by XanBcoo
    Oh man, this has always been a huge problem for me. I'm a pretty forgiving guy, especially to my friends. "Water under the bridge" I'll always say, and I hardly ever get pissed if they do something which negatively affects me and I realize it was an accident or something. But I can never really "forget" the incident, if it was big enough. It's possible to carry a grudge because of the memory of what a person has done to me, even though I've forgiven them completely.

It is said that to forgive is devine, to forget is just plain fucking dumb. Mistakes happen in life, that is a fact written in stone with blood, but we should learn from them. Yours and others. Its not about carrying grudges, but you expect that it won't happen again, or atleast an effort be made not too. I too am pretty forgiving, but i remember everything. Not just the bad but also the good. The fact the you remember, means that person holds some value in your eyes. Also friendships should grow, for that to happen the people involved have to grow too... nothing stays the same forever.
    ___
    ---------------------------- "THE DROPOUT CREW"--------------------------------
    ________Deblas, IfingHateTonTon, RyougaZell, dragonrage.________

________ we may fuck up alot but we always pull thru.

To carry a grudge is a basic instinct. Animals do it also: Hit a dog, and it will remember for the rest of its life that you did it, and will never trust you as much again. The roots between that and carrying a grudge are the same. It's important to easily recall if a person has betrayed you before, to be able to avoid danger in the future.

Forgiving is just common, practical sense. And as such it can be established and disestablished at whim, whenever it serves a purpose. It has nothing to do with remembering or carrying a grudge as such.

Off Topic: I am very forgiving, you can punch me in the face and i will be upset for 5 minutes but when its over i am fine again

On Topic: I learned that only music is legal to download "illegaly" in canada not movies games or other medias.

If I could change my name
    to Saberfire... I would
    I learned that some people are just to worried about stuff they don't need to worry about

Example: I'm reading the reason a person gave their computer in for repair it says the following: "My power supply is to high" so I check and sure enough it's off by 5.2 watts!.

Why the hell do people waste my time?
    image fail!

That place over there........ahh never mind
    b/c you let them.....

Today I learned that V for Vendetta was the first movie I ever saw in theater that kept me interested the entire way through.(go see the movie)

R.I.P Captain America.

Yesterday night, I learned never to belive hype. I fell asleep watching Saw 1. Its not even that scary? whats the whole deal?

Today in class I learned that saying that Hitler was a genius will get you in big trouble. It's not like the kid praised Hitler or anything. I hate how certain people are off limits, like you can't say anything positive about Hitler or criticize the pope in anyway.

Todayish I learned that if you lose a testicle the remaining one (assuming that you had two testicles to begin with) will become twice as powerful. In the sense that it will produce twice as much testosterone.

Also the testosteronelevel itself does not determine how easily you will build muscles and such. It is the how susceptible the tissue is that determines how it will get effected by the testosterone. The same thing goes for baldness.

Awesome user with default custom title The Heretic Azazel's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Xollence
    Today in class I learned that saying that Hitler was a genius will get you in big trouble. It's not like the kid praised Hitler or anything. I hate how certain people are off limits, like you can't say anything positive about Hitler or criticize the pope in anyway.
    Hitler was a genius, people need to face facts. It doesn't make what he did right by any means, but a man with that much command of his people deserve recognition for that much.

Yeah. A real genius who first chased away or killed some of the most gifted people in the country, and then started a war against pretty much the rest of the (industrialized) world, leading his country inevitably to ruins. Quite a genius indeed.

I would say the citizens of that time were stupid and desperate more than Hitler was genius.

Quote Originally Posted by The Heretic Azazel
    Hitler was a genius, people need to face facts. It doesn't make what he did right by any means, but a man with that much command of his people deserve recognition for that much.
    He was a brilliant speaker. I'm wondering Xollence, what class/grade was this in? I recall my sociology teacher in one of my college classes had a discussion about the brilliance of Hitler's speeches. Not a single person was offended by this. Now, if the kid said that Hitler had brilliant ideas, or just said he was a genius in general, without mentioning that he meant is speaking skills, then I could see people getting upset.

Today, el_boss taught me that if you lose a ball, you can have a super-testicle.

Edit: @ Kraco- Manipulation of the masses to get what he wanted. He was a gifted speaker for his time. Not that what he did was right, but he was able to use what was available to get his way. And apparently, back then, he was very charismatic to those people who followed him. It probably helped that Germany got screwed after WW1, but you can't explain everything with just that.
    Last edited by Ero-Fan; Mon, 03-27-2006 at 03:28 PM.

"Pudding can't fill the emptiness inside me! But it'll help."

The class is The Contemporary World / (grade: senior year in college) and we were doing a section on facism. He was basically talking about how he was able to control people and about his military achievements, like using blitzkrieg at the battle of France.