Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Movie: Harry Potter 4

Awesome user with default custom title darkmetal505's Avatar

Movie: Harry Potter 4

http://movies.yahoo.com/shop?d...8475610&cf=trailer

Im hearing that they kinda screwed up this one also.

Please make topic titles more appropiate next time.

Gotwoot Moderator

Awesome user with default custom title XanBcoo's Avatar

hp 4

The trailer looks awesome. The 4th book was really cool and they've got a lot to work with - I hope they can pull it off substance-wise. But what they're sporting in the trailers and such looks great.

Though...I've lost my faith in the HP movies due to the fact that they screwed over my favorite book in the series (the 3rd)...werewolf looked like fucking Scooby-Doo...

Also, they're introducing a few new girls (mainly Cho and Fleur) in this movie and have casted appropriately cute actresses to play them IMO. Jolly good show.

<@Terra> he told me this, "man actually meeting terra is so fucking big", and he started crying. Then he bought me hot dogs

hp 4

well

1) fleur and cho arent as "hot" as described in the book
    2) they took out some stuff like SPEW and harry sees bagman jr's face while hes conjuring the dark mark.

hp 4

Man, what kind of lazy title for a thread that is... fix that shit up...

hp 4

Originally posted by: Budweineken
    Man, what kind of lazy title for a thread that is... fix that shit up...
    cant find how to do it

Harry Potter 4

Edit the first post to change the title.

More about the trailer:
    It looks like they've made Beauxbatons an all-girls school (the lovely ladies of Beauxbatons).
    Cho doesn't look asian in that one scene, but I know she is (sadly - I don't like asians)
    LOL at how Dumbledor calls out Harry's name from the Goblet: "HARRY POTTER!!!"
    Madeye looks fucking awesome. Almost exactly how I imagined him - but I didn't know he was Irish.
    That shot of Voldemort at the end is so damn creepy. Love it.

<@Terra> he told me this, "man actually meeting terra is so fucking big", and he started crying. Then he bought me hot dogs

Harry Potter 4

This might be the first harry potter that I see at the theater. it looks cool. Also doesnt it remind you guys of the naruto chunnin exam

Signature by Lucifus

Harry Potter 4

im gonna watch this movie

Harry Potter 4

i just don't see why Harry Potter attracts so many people

Harry Potter 4

The movies are overrated in my opinion, the books are alot better. The first movie screwed up how i imagined things.

Harry Potter 4

Originally posted by: PSJ
    the books are alot better.
    Agreed, the books are WAY better than the movies, but they are fun to watch. Perfect case where the books &gt; the movies is the third movie. Prisoner of Azkaban just felt like the scenes were just switching from one to the next, they just didn't flow properly like in the first one.
    This fantastic Sousuke sig was made by the one and only Lucifus! Thanks man!

Harry Potter 4

Originally posted by: aznimperialx
    i just don't see why Harry Potter attracts so many people
    "you get to go into a fantasy world!"

Harry Potter 4

God that vauldermoth should freaking stay dead and introduce a new villian

Harry Potter 4

but hes the best character, he actually kills some people

Harry Potter 4

Originally posted by: NarutoMaster
    Originally posted by: PSJ
    the books are alot better.
    Agreed, the books are WAY better than the movies, but they are fun to watch. Perfect case where the books &gt; the movies is the third movie. Prisoner of Azkaban just felt like the scenes were just switching from one to the next, they just didn't flow properly like in the first one.
    Doubly agreed. Like I said in my first post in this topic, I feel like they screwed up the 3rd movie so much. Aside from the shitty casting of Lupin, crappy crappy CRAPPY acting on Radcliffe's part, and the dumbass Scooby-werewolf, it also suffered from what you described - poor transition of events. The whole thing felt like an "episode". No care went into it at all. This is true for most of the movies. But then again, any book is usually better than its movie counterpart.
    Why? This isn't a shounen anime. A new baddie doesn't show up every "arc". And seeing how most of the books so far have built up to Voldemort's return, it would be pretty damn useless to throw him out now...

Harry Potter 4

i have seen this movie and i would have to say that it is probably my least favorite of all of them. not to say it's all bad, i really enjoyed it until the ending just takes a shit on the first 90% of it.
    SPOILERS probably.
    Ok, the last movie had a real "What the fuck?" ending with Harry seeing himself as a reindeer and thinking it's his father. I guess at some point they forgot to establish that Harry's dad is fuckin' Blitzen. But WTF aside, the ending at least provided some closure. This new movie again gives that WTF feeling but offers NO closure what so ever. you have all this build up for this tournament and meet all these new characters and watch Harry endure through these trials and then BAM! they throw this voldemort guy at us and he turns out to be nothing but a cross between the emperor of star wars episode 3 and a bad Bond villain (complete with villain monologue and uneccesarily complicated scheme). Basically all that happens from there is Harry narrowly escapes of course and then it just ends! I'm fine that they leave the voldemort thing open but we just spent the first 2 hours of the movie watching this tournament and then they end it like the tournament never happened. who won? who lost? was it cancelled? postponed? who fuckin knows!! well, maybe the people who read the books, but i certainly don't.
    The other thing that bothered me about this movie is it fallowed the same pattern as the other movies where there's a traitorous insider and a red herring. Which isn't the problem, i can see that as just being a "Harry Potter" style of story. The problem was they did a poor job of really getting you to bite on the red herring. And to make matters worse, they drop too many obvious hints as to who the real traitor is, especially where you go from one scene where an investigator is eyeing this guy suspiciously to the next scene where this investigator suddenly turns up dead. And the topper of it all is the traitor, as it turns out, that this new dark arts professor isn't who he seems to be. Just like in all the other Harry Potter movies!! I mean who hires these guys? don't they do back ground checks anymore?
    Bottom line is most of the movie is fun and enjoyable and it offers alotta neat shiny effects to oggle at but ultimately has an ending that leaves a bad taste in your mouth. I'd say there's still enough to make it worth seeing and it offers alot to enjoy, just know that the ending is frustrating and like me you'll probably be forced to turn to your friends that read the book to know what exactly happened.

That place over there........ahh never mind

Harry Potter 4

well if you want to blame anyone blame JK Rowling, b/c you just made me realise that 'every single book' has the same formula of "theres a traitor in them there hills" [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif[/img]

I havent see the movie yet but I'll say what I thought about it when I do. (oh and theres a whole little back story on why there's always a new Defense against the Dark Arts teacher every year)

R.I.P Captain America.

Harry Potter 4

Actually, the only book out of the 4 I've read where the DATDA teacher was a traitor was the first.

In Chamber of Secrets he was a moron
    In POA he was a good guy (my favorite charactere FUCKED UP by shitty casting - seriously, the guy was a dork)
    And in the 4th movie, I don't recall Madeye being a bad guy.

So what are you talking about ChiaCheese??

Also, the stag/dad thing in the 3rd movie has a story behind it, but the movie left it out.

Harry Potter 4

i wasn't trying to infere he's always the bad guy, it's just he's never who he seems to be. it's mostly just a generalization to help drive in my point. also, my review is from a movie goer perspective only, i haven't read the books so all i can draw on is what they give me in the movie.

Harry Potter 4

mad-eye wasnt a bad guy, but mad-eye wasnt the one teaching now was he?

LaZie made this...a long time ago.

"It was a very depressing time in my life, since I had no money I was unable to screw the rules" -Kaiba