Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: One Piece Movie 7

Awesome user with default custom title Deblas's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by DarthEnder
    Well yes obviously. Though, I don't think they would have done it if Oda intended to explain where Luffy learned it later. Or if he had planned to show it, he probably won't bother now.
    Ohh really? I remember a similar scene in a crappy filler arc where Zoro was able to cut steel. Thing was that we later found out that he was unable to do it until the Lion Song in Alabasta. So Toei really doesn't consult Oda in any of this nor does Oda leave it to them to explain some parts of his manga.

Also, it doesn't really explain WHY it happens. Apparently, when Luffy's legs get compressed, he gets a burst of strength. But how come? What does compressing legs have to do with power? It's not been explained.

Anyway, Luffy learned to do it sometime between facing Aoi, and getting to Enies Lobby, and Oda didn't show it. So unless Oda planned to flashback to a scene like this, he probably wasn't gonna bother.
    Exactly. Luffy decided to become stronger and learn Gear when he lost to Ao Kiji. Luffy was unconcious for about 3 days or more and then they headed off to Water Seven. The time that it took from the face off against Ao Kiji and sailing to Water Seven is at most a week so I'm pretty sure that the current setting and the time gap is not wide enough for them to do a detour and head to a Mecha Island. It makes no sense.

Though, the origin of Gear is clear. Luffy learned it to protect his crewmates after he fought Ao Kiji, not from an accident where he was fighting a mechanical genius. A flashback of him training or developing it is not really needed unless Oda decides to. But an explanation to how it works is which I'm sure in due time Oda will explain it.
    Last edited by Deblas; Mon, 08-21-2006 at 04:44 PM.

--------------------------------"THE DROPOUT CREW"-------------------------------
    ___________________Captain Dropout For Life__________________

I think the laser is more of a shockwave.

Either way, of all the things for the sword to shoot, it makes about the least sense possible. You would expect maybe a slicing wind, or at best, a blade of energy. But no, its a beam that comes out of the tip...it just doesn't make any sense. Why isn't it a slash?

Genin
    maybe that was a blade of energy in a different form. who cares.

edit - i mean come on, if you dont have any quarrels about a sword that cuts steel then why bother about the energy? have you in real life seen any sword that cuts steel?

Quote Originally Posted by DarthEnder

Also, it doesn't really explain WHY it happens. Apparently, when Luffy's legs get compressed, he gets a burst of strength. But how come? What does compressing legs have to do with power? It's not been explained.
    The legs were used like a spring and when you compress molecules they become more active, for Luffy, it was pretty much like the pressure from his legs flowed through to his arms in order to create a more powerful blast, something that can probably only happen if you happen to be made of rubber.

LaZie made this...a long time ago.

"It was a very depressing time in my life, since I had no money I was unable to screw the rules" -Kaiba

Pfft, I'll take that bet.

I'm off to go compress my legs in a vice, I'll let you know how it turns out.