Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: who is isshin

who is isshin

ok, well ive been payin pretty good atention to the anime, but i think i missed who isshin is, cuz everyone keeps saying how strong he is. if he hasnt been announced in anime yet, can someone plz tell me who he is, how he's related to being a captain, and possibly any special roles he has?

who is isshin

Kurosaki Isshin is Ichigo's father (GOOOOOD MOOOORNING ICHIGOOOO), who was recently revealed to be a shinigami in the manga.

As for the rest we don't know more than you do [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif[/img]

who is isshin

Isshin is the admiral of the Soul Society Navy. He commands the imperial fleet to protect SS from other Soul nations across the plasmus oceans that seperate them. He is particularly important because soon there could be a war between the Soul Society we know and one of the Soul nations to the east (I forget the name).

Seriously.

who is isshin

Isshin is Yachiru's cat and is also 5th seat of 3rd squad.

who is isshin

wait i thought isshin was that guy ichigo beat up at the start of ep1

who is isshin

death-wing, you should go read the manga now.

who is isshin

will do, thanks

who is isshin

Wow, slaughtered doesn't even begin to describe this thread.

And yes, go read the manga.

For all you awesome people, it's just Phoenix. The numbers are just the amount of times people misspell it.

who is isshin

actually isshin is a hollow. who can transform into a pimp car by saying "ISSHIN TRANSFORM"

ty psj for this sig

who is isshin

Originally posted by: 6Zabuza9
    actually isshin is a hollow. who can transform into a pimp car by saying "ISSHIN TRANSFORM"
    Now thats a pimped out ride ... ::cues MTV's pimp my ride theme song::

who is isshin

But seriously, who wants to support my theory that Isshin was the 11th Squad Captain before Kenpachi?

KIMOCHI~II

Blog Entries

who is isshin

Originally posted by: bagandscalpel
    But seriously, who wants to support my theory that Isshin was the 11th Squad Captain before Kenpachi?
    Considering Kenpachi killed the previous captain and took his haori, and that Isshin stll has his haori as well as his life, i'm pretty sure your wrong. ^^

who is isshin

I hear and remember that, but, seriously

ARE YOU GOING TO TAKE *THAT* BLIND MAN'S WORD ON IT?

Yes, I know I could very well be completely wrong, but what Tousen said doesn't exactly have to be the truth.
    Another thing, if we were to speak of the haori, what Isshin wears looks to be roughly the amount missing from Kenpachi's trophy.

Besides, if Isshin were a captain, once upon a time, the 11th squad is the only one I can see him fitting in.

KIMOCHI~II

who is isshin

I'll bet money he was the 6th Squad captain before Byakuya.

who is isshin

Ya, im for 6th squad as well.

He can't be be the 1st or 2nd squad captain, nor the 12th or 4th squad captain, as those are specialiity areas. And we know that kenpachi killed the previous 11th captain, so thats out. We know that the 8th and 13th squad captains (ukitake and the samurai) have been there since the begining. That leave squads 3, 5, 6, 7, 9, and 10.

Now squads 3, 5 and 9 belong to Gin, Aizen and Tousen respectively, and it seems unlikely that isshin was commader of any of these. So were just left with 6, 7 and 10. All 3 have equal odds, but it would make the story kooler if isshin used to command the 6th squad before.

who is isshin

Originally posted by: EpyonNext
    I'll bet money he was the 6th Squad captain before Byakuya.
    lolz, imagine that...
    kuchiki byakuya saying... "domo ohisashiburi... Isshin taicho!"
    [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img]

who is isshin

I'm thinking he was the former 5th captain, who eventually left because his vice captain Aizen started to behave in a weird and EVIIIL way.

Watch me be right [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

who is isshin

Or even 3rd Squad, for that matter.

After all, Gin wasn't ALWAYS a commander.

Though, stopping to think about it, I wonder what the Gotei 13 were thinking at the time of his appointment... I bet Aizen's soul slayer had to work overtime to make Gin look convincing enough to the rest.

KIMOCHI~II

who is isshin

What makes you think that Gin by his own powers is not good enough to get appointed as Captain?

That place over there........ahh never mind

who is isshin

Originally posted by: Terracosmo
    I'm thinking he was the former 5th captain, who eventually left because his vice captain Aizen started to behave in a weird and EVIIIL way.

Watch me be right [img][/img]
    you know I've been saying that ever since we found out Isshin was a shinigami right?

R.I.P Captain America.