Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: !!!GotWoot Evaluation!!!

!!!GotWoot Evaluation!!!

As of pretty recently, I have been promoted to adminstrator of this place. This means that I'll have a greater responsibility when it comes to improving this place and keeping it as awesome as it is now, as well as to attempt to attract more people. Since the other adminstrators are official, it has been decided that I'll go that way too. This means that you may all PM me when you want help with something, have suggestions, want to have hot steaming sex and so on and so forth.

I'll do my best to live up to the expectations of the community, and as a start, this topic has been created. This is basically where all of you get to share with us what you want to see here. Be it bigger avatars or new forums, this is where you tell us what YOU want to see, what YOU may want removed and what YOU want to change.

THIS IS A NEW GOLDEN AGE FOR GOTWOOT!
    But for this to become some sort of reality, we need your support.

SO TALK MY BELOVED SHEEP! TALK!
    And let's together strive to improve the forums which we love.

Oh, and please take a moment to look at this topic too.

// Terracosmo, adminstrator

!!!GotWoot Evaluation!!!

1. Less links from topic to topic in every topic you make.

2. Political discussions should be allowed, though you would probably have to make sure the threads don't descend into a flaming war between opposing camps.

That's all I can think of right now.

!!!GotWoot Evaluation!!!

What about allowing nudity? With proper labeling i don't see why nudity can't be allowed. If a person don't want to take part in such discussions and sharing of material he can just keep out from the thread. It works pretty well if someone doesn't want to post in a thread of political content for example, you just don't wander in topics you aren't interested in.

!!!GotWoot Evaluation!!!

@DB_Hunter:

1. HILARITY! Not.

2. Political discussions are allowed already.

@PSJ:

That is currently under discussion actually. For the record I agree with you.

!!!GotWoot Evaluation!!!

Are you sure political discussions are allowed? That's one of the gripes Y had in his leaving post, that political/religious/philosophical discussion wasn't allowed.

!!!GotWoot Evaluation!!!

Being able to get rid of your warning, eventually.

BTW, congrats Terra, you sexfiend

For all you awesome people, it's just Phoenix. The numbers are just the amount of times people misspell it.

!!!GotWoot Evaluation!!!

@DB_Hunter: As far as I'm concerned it should be allowed, I haven't seen anything about that in the discussions I've had with other mods. Sounds alien to me.

@Phoenix: My warning? And thanks.

!!!GotWoot Evaluation!!!

Woops, phrased it wrong [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif[/img]. I meant warnings that users get could go away after a while.

For all you awesome people, it's just Phoenix. The numbers are just the amount of times people misspell it.

!!!GotWoot Evaluation!!!

Of course if a "problematic" poster eventually stops being ignorant and instead turn into a "good" poster, warnings will go away.
    Their primary purpose is to make it so posters won't keep up their demeanor and hopefully turn sexy.

!!!GotWoot Evaluation!!!

Originally posted by: Terracosmo
    @DB_Hunter: As far as I'm concerned it should be allowed, I haven't seen anything about that in the discussions I've had with other mods. Sounds alien to me.
    i've seen a few threads where a moderator either locked or warned whenever the subject inched toward the religious more than political. i'm not sure why either, but it has happened.

!!!GotWoot Evaluation!!!

Then it might bave been because it was off-topic. I don't know :S

Weird.

Though there is no rule forbidding religious/political discussions, the majority of them tend go south fast. For that reason, some mods prefer to put a stop to it before it even begins. However, as the rules are being reworked this may change soon. Once we reach a decision we will inform the members immediately.

Gotwoot Moderator

!!!GotWoot Evaluation!!!

I may be the only one... but the fact that it happened in your last post brought it to my mind. I'm not a huge fan of the anonymity of the "Gotwoot Moderator." Not sure why they don't just sign their name instead, if all they're doing is enforcing the rules.

!!!GotWoot Evaluation!!!

To be honest with you, I'm not in favor of that thing either, but it was decided to be that way by the other admins so I don't really have a saying in that.

Anyway let's put the whole politics thing aside for now, and get back to what you people want to see done in order to improve GW.

Awesome user with default custom title Uchiha Barles's Avatar

!!!GotWoot Evaluation!!!

I really can't think of anything in the way of new features that I would like. I know you just said to put the politics aside just now, but in general, what I'm looking forward to is for you guys to come up with a way to efficiently moderate hot button topics. If it turns out that its just too much work, then so be it, but if you can find a creative way of dealing with flamers and fools who can't partake in these conversations without ruining it for all involve, that would be the single best thing I can think of for gotwoot (daunting, I know). Since idiots persist everywhere, those same methods could be applied to moderate even not so controversial topics, like anime discussion.

Huh, also, if you choose to allow such topics and discussion on them prevails enough, then maybe a new section could be built entitled hot-button, or something to indicate that the issues discussed in there are potentially offensive.

edit: Oooo...maybe this'll work. If you create the "hot-button topic" section or whatever, every user who clicks to go in for the very first time gets a pop up that displays that particular sections' rules. Just for their first visit to that section. Anyone who breaks those rules is banned from posting in that particular forum for a certain amount of time, and given a warning. The rules could also be set up as a sticky just in case anyone forgets. One particular rule that I think would help is any one who personally attacks another should just be removed from the topic. No questions asked. Its understandable that people's emotions may be aroused, but its also understandable that they need to be controlled if a proper conversation is going to be held. Also, if it is apparent after a few posts that certain users simply cannot partake in the conversation, then maybe they shouldn't be allowed to, as a measure to end "shitty no content posts". I'm not trying to sound elitist or anything, but a certain level of maturity and aptitude is require for a decent conversation on controversial topics.

Anyway, Terra, you've got some work ahead of you. Good luck buddy.
    "You are not free whose liberty is won by the rigour of other, more righteous souls. Your are merely protected. Your freedom is parasitic, you suck the honourable man dry and offer nothing in return. You who have enjoyed freedom, who have done nothing to earn it, your time has come. This time you will stand alone and fight for yourselves. Now you will pay for your freedom in the currency of honest toil and human blood."

- Inquisitor Czevak

!!!GotWoot Evaluation!!!

I would like to see really good moderating, mostly because some of the rules enforcing seems inconsistent.

~1~

a fountain pourin' like an avalanche, comin' down the mountain

!!!GotWoot Evaluation!!!

I just want to see people more willing to help each other out, answering one anothers questions and less bashing (bashing anime is ok, other people can get a little ugly. i know i do it too, but goddamn sometimes people just push my buttons..)

On that note, would it be possible to create a sort of Karma system for the forums? Right now the only things people can really see about users are their # of posts and when they joined. I know there is that Vote on a user option in people's profiles, but nobody ever seems to use it.

A Karma system could give people good karma for providing news on shows/anime events, providing help with technical problems, creating sigs for new members, etc etc. The only question would be how to administer the Karma. The only options I can imagine are other users being able to add a point (one a day towards every user) at their discretion because making the mods regulate everyone's Karma would seem pretty daunting. Of course, Mods could also lower people's Karma for shit posting, breaking forum rules and just being jackasses in general...

Good luck with your newly acquired responsibility Terra! I trust you'll actually do a pretty good job, so don't prove me wrong...

Humans are different from animals. We must die for a reason. Now is the time for us to regulate ourselves and reclaim our dignity. The one who holds endless potential and displays his strength and kindness to the world. Only mankind has God, a power that allows us to go above and beyond what we are now, a God that we call "possibility".

!!!GotWoot Evaluation!!!

I'd like to stop 1 up posts, like the wishing game etc.

~1~

!!!GotWoot Evaluation!!!

I just wish there was more uniformity when a thread is created in the General Anime section and in the Series specific forums... And by that I mean correct labeling...

For example, when Bleach 55 is released, label it properly... you are creating a Discussion thread, not a "Bleach 55: Raw" thread... I've never understood why threads keep saying "Raw" when you are simply using that thread to discuss the episode... It just creates more confusion....

In the General Anime forum and in the One Piece forum I've used a certain scheme of naming the threads, and I've seen many people following those examples, which I think is a good idea and make the forums look cleaner and better...

So I'm basically saying that when a mod sees a thread that has an improper labeling scheme, that mod should rename it...

For example: <Has anyone seen "Beet the Vandel Buster" "> is really a discussion thread... So why add all that crap to the title of the thread? it should be simply called "Beet the Vandel Buster" and if I were a mod I would've rename it years ago...

!!!GotWoot Evaluation!!!

@Barles: Good idea. It will be taken into consideration.
    @masemune: I don't know how to create a karma system (that's outside of my power), but if I acquire that knowledge then I agree that it would be a nice system.
    @Bud: Another good idea. I've done it myself a few times in the past actually.

Keep the ideas coming people.

!!!GotWoot Evaluation!!!

Originally posted by: SK
    I'd like to stop 1 up posts, like the wishing game etc.

~1~
    Those games are not that bad...

But they should have some rules, like one post per person in the whole thread... sometimes you go into those crappy threads and see the same two people going back and forth for 3 pages...