Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: !!!GotWoot Evaluation!!!

!!!GotWoot Evaluation!!!

well i have to disagree, 2 threads about sakura vs konohamaru could have completley different endings and conversation lines. also its hard to restart a thread sometimes as people wont visit it as much when they think they have already been there. many people on the otherhand will visit a new thread just to flame for a repeat topic, but then mat contribute to the topic when they see the op looks at things differently than they had previously thought. all in all, FAR Too many threads on these forums are locked for little to no reason, somthing that a forum thats trying to become thriving once more cannot afford to do. dont stifle discussion, encourage it.

and also i know that the titles have been revamped, i still see many people posting with custom titles (or have done in the past.). i was promised a long time ago.

!!!GotWoot Evaluation!!!

There isn't that many people with custom titles.
    <----

and repeated topics are stupid, why not have ALL the discussion in one thread than in a few threads.

!!!GotWoot Evaluation!!!

because unfortunatley life doesnt work that way. topics die and when people want to discuss them again its much harder to get new blood on a thread with 50+ posts than abrand new one.

!!!GotWoot Evaluation!!!

hey way to go terra! i just saw the bleach manga section!

LaZie made this...a long time ago.

"It was a very depressing time in my life, since I had no money I was unable to screw the rules" -Kaiba

!!!GotWoot Evaluation!!!

Originally posted by: chambers
    because unfortunatley life doesnt work that way. topics die and when people want to discuss them again its much harder to get new blood on a thread with 50+ posts than abrand new one.

That doesnt mean you should create another topic. People stop posting because they dont care anymore, and they wont comeback to a new thread about the same topic whether it has new points of view or not. And the few people that would come to the new topic, would also be willing to go to the old topic for these same points of view.

!!!GotWoot Evaluation!!!

i beg to differ, many topics could be reposted on the naruto board now and have a large gathering on them when the original topic is dead.

If I could change my name
    to Saberfire... I would

!!!GotWoot Evaluation!!!

Originally posted by: chambers
    i beg to differ, many topics could be reposted on the naruto board now and have a large gathering on them when the original topic is dead.

This is not something we should really be discussing in a thread designed for us to assist Terra in making these forums better. I hate to be a neg but take it to your PMs as it seems you are the only person that feels the way you do about that topic

I for one like the spoiler tag idea I hate having to do the same as what has been typed before. I also have a idea (I think someone posted this before me but oh well), Redo the FAQs and rules. When I first came to these forums I didn't read them until i started posting. To me some of the rules didn't fit in what was happening or rules existed that wasn't there. Also A idea I have is that you should program an minium word limit when a user posts. This would help out the MODs cut back on the shitposting

That my two cents (CDN worth nothing in the US)
    image fail!

!!!GotWoot Evaluation!!!

You are absolutely right about the rules/FAQ, and we plan to redo them soon.

!!!GotWoot Evaluation!!!

...isnt the gotwoot faq just signature restrictions? thats all i see...O_o

"It was a very depressing time in my life, since I had no money I was unable to screw the rules" -Kaiba

Lasers? Cookies? FTW!
    (universally beloved
    moderator ex-emerita)

!!!GotWoot Evaluation!!!

Originally posted by: KitKat
    I think it's kindof redundant to have the Recent Announcements: Welcome to Gotwoot Evolution link at the top of the page if we have a whole announcements forum. As well, our FAQ is a bit out-of-date. Seeing as a lot of us have been around here for a while, we know the perpetual questions that people frequently ask. It would be cool to involve us by having members submit common questions and answers that they see, and then having someone compile it and format it nicely to go in our FAQ section. Even linking to threads such as kai's playback issues thread or things like that in our FAQ would be helpful for visitors and new members I think.

Edit: One more thing....what is that 'view forum polls' thing on the top right corner? Has it ever been used? What is it for? I clicked on it but got a little message telling me that there are currently no polls.
    I brought this up and gave a possible solution, but no one listened [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img]

!!!GotWoot Evaluation!!!

I've been wondering about the forum polls also. Is there a point to it, or is it just fusetalk?

For all you awesome people, it's just Phoenix. The numbers are just the amount of times people misspell it.

!!!GotWoot Evaluation!!!

small request, could you move the old war at home thread from General Discussion to "TV and Movies"??

!!!GotWoot Evaluation!!!

Your wish has been granted.

!!!GotWoot Evaluation!!!

hey terra aren't there tooo many forums now"??? it's nice to see that you bring some effort in it. but i don't think this will help.

Awesome user with default custom title Deblas's Avatar

!!!GotWoot Evaluation!!!

Originally posted by: Turkish-S
    hey terra aren't there tooo many forums now"??? it's nice to see that you bring some effort in it. but i don't think this will help.
    Well we need to update the Anime category. We can't just leave it with the old shows only when there are new and interesting animes that we would like to discuss.

--------------------------------"THE DROPOUT CREW"-------------------------------
    ___________________Captain Dropout For Life__________________

!!!GotWoot Evaluation!!!

What about a general Music thread?

!!!GotWoot Evaluation!!!

wtf what are we going to descuss in the General Discussion ?? food?? ow no let's make a general food forum >.<...
    And if you are talking about a thread you shouldn't ask....

!!!GotWoot Evaluation!!!

Originally posted by: Turkish-S
    wtf what are we going to descuss in the General Discussion ?? food?? ow no let's make a general food forum >.<...
    And if you are talking about a thread you shouldn't ask....
    I wasn't aware that all the threads in the GD were about music. From what I can see not even 1/10 of the threads are about music there. It was just a sugesstion to make the forum a little more foreseeable.

!!!GotWoot Evaluation!!!

There should be at least 10 topics of a common theme in General Discussion before it merits its own forum
    10/4/04 - 8/20/07

!!!GotWoot Evaluation!!!

Originally posted by: AssertnFailure
    There should be at least 10 topics of a common theme in General Discussion before it merits its own forum
    Is that active topics or just overall. I found over 10 topics in the GD alone, I only checked the first few pages though so there should be more. But as I said, this is just a sugesstion. If no one else thinks it's a good idea there's no good having one.