Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: !!!GotWoot Evaluation!!!

!!!GotWoot Evaluation!!!

1) Spoiler tags: OMG YES! I don't really like saying SPOILERS AHEAD then hitting return 40 times ... I do it but I'd rather be able to hide it to save room and everything.

2) Contests: Hrm, this could be cool. We could do a Chunin competition or something like in the show Naruto or just some funky stuff that could help people win a custom title or maybe be able to post a bigger sig (not that much bigger though)

3) Custom titles: kinda covered in #2 but I would like that idea if your post count got wayy too high or you win a competition.

4) Congrats and yeah .. isnt ABNU special Jounin? So wouldn't they be higher than jounin?? And hrm, how about chaning Naruto titles into Bleach ones =P.

!!!GotWoot Evaluation!!!

Yeah, Spoiler tags gets my vote too.

!!!GotWoot Evaluation!!!

Any chance you could change the symbol things? Like, why is "Send Private Message" a lock? Shouldn't it be a letter or something like that?

Also, the little folder things...If I open and read a thread, the blue folder should change to yellow, I'd think. It'd also be nice if threads I've posted in had something to signify that. And why a clock for sticky threads?

It's nothing important and doesn't have any real impact, but I dunno...it's just been kinda bugging me.

!!!GotWoot Evaluation!!!

i think you guys are doing great. and i'm definitely liking all this opportunity/open dialogue for feedback. makes GW a much cozier and welcome place ^^

!!!GotWoot Evaluation!!!

Originally posted by: Honoko
    i think you guys are doing great. and i'm definitely liking all this opportunity/open dialogue for feedback. makes GW a much cozier and welcome place ^^
    That is the goal!

---

About changing icons: I really want to do that as well, so it's being looked into.

!!!GotWoot Evaluation!!!

Terra is going to save GotWoot!

~1~

!!!GotWoot Evaluation!!!

Originally posted by: SK
    Terra is going to save GotWoot!
    YES!

!!!GotWoot Evaluation!!!

No.

~1~

!!!GotWoot Evaluation!!!

SK, I've sent you on vacation so that when you come back you will hopefully stop angsting about not having a damn custom title. Or whatever else is causing your fucking annoying behavior.

Huggies!

!!!GotWoot Evaluation!!!

BAAAAH! Congrats on the move up Terra, I've got some ideas, but currently I'm at work at can't talk...will submit later.

Awesome user with default custom title Deblas's Avatar

!!!GotWoot Evaluation!!!

A very small thing Terra. Can you sticky the One Piece Manga discussion topic? Told you it was small but I just thought it should be stickied.

EDIT BELOW: Thanks.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

--------------------------------"THE DROPOUT CREW"-------------------------------
    ___________________Captain Dropout For Life__________________

!!!GotWoot Evaluation!!!

Done. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

!!!GotWoot Evaluation!!!

Yes, spoiler tags are a great idea.

Another thing that's been bugging me for the longest time --> There's no "Go to Last Post" tag for every thread. All there is is this "Go to Last Page" tag, but that's really annoying because you'll always have to scroll all the way down to see the newest post. Would be great if that can be implemented.

That's all from me for now. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

!!!GotWoot Evaluation!!!

congrats terra, oh btw , you didnt leave a link in that general anime thread you started

!!!GotWoot Evaluation!!!

1) consistent enforcement of the rules
    i) consistent for all members
    ii) either a tight enforcement of racial slurs, personal insults, general sterotyping, or a very lack lustre one, allowing all to do it (reguardless of if you think one side is better/wrong/right/worse)
    iii) removal of idiotic mods that seemed more concerned with pressing there power up against everyone as opposed to making the forum a better and happier place. i.e who cares if there was a "who is stronger kakshi or gai" thread last week, allow discussions to carry on, if people are bored of the discussion then they wont post, to simply close a valid thread (there is NOTHING wrong with repeated threads, especially when theres no definite answer)

2) give me my damn custom title
    i) i won it fair and square
    ii) i have seen others with them since

yeah although i post a lot less than i used to, now that mut has fucked off maybe i will start posting more again.

i also think its a good idea to remove the way mods hide behind the bold letters, make it publicly known.

!!!GotWoot Evaluation!!!

Would it be possible to have a button at the top menu or a link in the navigation for the GW community?

!!!GotWoot Evaluation!!!

Spoiler tags pretty please since I post alot of spoiler pics [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Signature by Lucifus

!!!GotWoot Evaluation!!!

Ninja edit. I think that's an excellent system, so that if you immediately correct a typo or a broken tag, the suspicious "Edited" text won't always appear there.

Otherwise I haven't been here long enough to really say anything. Terracosmo was one of the people responsible for me getting here: To enjoy the bloodthirsty Naruto filler ep discussion threads. I'm sure you will keep up that good work even from your new position.

!!!GotWoot Evaluation!!!

Originally posted by: Kraco
    To enjoy the bloodthirsty Naruto filler ep discussion threads. I'm sure you will keep up that good work even from your new position.
    That's quite an honor, since I'm personally a big enemy of forums where every single negative thing you write about any given anime is counted as flaming and may not be posted. Hypocrisy at it's best. The feeling I have when posting here is that it's a place where rules are more of a guideline for increased pleasantry, rather than something you have to think about 24/7, ultimately just becoming a bore.

So yeah, I'll do my best to keep the bloodthirstiness alive [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

!!!GotWoot Evaluation!!!

Originally posted by: chambers
    iii) removal of idiotic mods that seemed more concerned with pressing there power up against everyone as opposed to making the forum a better and happier place. i.e who cares if there was a "who is stronger kakshi or gai" thread last week, allow discussions to carry on, if people are bored of the discussion then they wont post, to simply close a valid thread (there is NOTHING wrong with repeated threads, especially when theres no definite answer)

2) give me my damn custom title
    i) i won it fair and square
    ii) i have seen others with them since

1) Theres is something wrong with repeated threads....its that they're REPEATED. If a topic has been locked, its usually for a pretty good reason and thus that same topic doesnt need to be created again. However, alot of threads jsut die off after a while, and thats why the admins have included a search feature. The whole point is that we members do a quick search and use the existing threads rather then creating repeat ones. Not only is it annoying to see 5 different 'sasuke vs naji' threads, it also clutters the forums and i believe it uses up more bandwidth (though you'd have to ask ciber/wilik about that).

2) The custom titles you see are not custom titles at all, but new ranks that terra implemented. The only people i know of that have custom titles are admins, or some old irc people.