Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Bleach Chapter 201

Bleach Chapter 201

perhaps she has been given some special training from byakuya

Awesome user with default custom title The Heretic Azazel's Avatar

Bleach Chapter 201

It's okay Rukia knows her shikai, but shes just not good enough for bankai yet. The display of power was just that, a display of her power, if that particular allankar were powerful as some of you seem to think, he would be important enough to stay alive. It's not really right to judge the level of her attack when it just needed to be shown at that point in time.
    "They call it 'The American Dream' because you have to be asleep to believe it" - George Carlin

Bleach Chapter 201

Originally posted by: The Heretic Azazel
    It's okay Rukia knows her shikai, but shes just not good enough for bankai yet. The display of power was just that, a display of her power, if that particular allankar were powerful as some of you seem to think, he would be important enough to stay alive. It's not really right to judge the level of her attack when it just needed to be shown at that point in time.
    yeah btw, i dont think the allankaar is out of it just yet. I mean come on, Aizen isnt an idiot too send super weakling allankaars who can be taken out that easily. If rukia can take em out then Renji and Hitsugaya shudn have problems dealing with them either. Maybe the Allankaar has something up his sleeve. Either that, or he is a reject Allankaar that sould be punished for being so weak

Bleach Chapter 201

Rukia's Shikai just plain owns, I put it in a class with the other "your pretty well screwed if it happens to you" powers.

it's not always about who has more 'power' in fights.

Take Yumichika, he's probobly not as strong as Hisagi...8th squad Vice...I think thats his name, but he put him on the floor and came out unscathed. Rukia's Shikai has a power like that or Tousen's or Aizens, it doesn't really matter who you are or how much power you can spit out your ass, you would need extremely specific skills to beat them.

To beat Yumichika, maybe have way more power than he can suck, (which does require power from the ass...)
    To beat Tousen, be Ken, or piss Tousen off so he becomes an idiot and doesn't cut your head off immediately
    To beat Aizen........................join him, since you don't have too much choice in the matter.

In Rukia's case, maybe you can stay out of the circle, though i'm sure another dance throws the circle at you. But basically if your caught by surprise then you die, assuming you can't survive insta-freezing.

That said, IF Deroi needs to survive, then it's very possible that spirit power can melt ice.

Bleach Chapter 201

Rukia's shikai is probably so strong because it's a one-time use type thing. It's only going to work on an opponent if they don't know what it is. Anyone who has seen it before will step/flash step out of the circle.

So it seems balanced enough.

Bleach Chapter 201

hmm... maybe the allankar aren't all equally powerful. i think it'd make sense to have various allankars of different levels. and since it's a manga where everything always works out neatly (number of people involved to have 1 vs. 1 fights, etc), maybe this particular allankar was exactly one kind that rukia can handle. i don't think she could handle the likes of grimjaw or that ulliquora (sp?) guy.

Bleach Chapter 201

ya...you have to understnd that she won not because of her shikai, or because she's uber powerful. but rather because things worked in her favor. Her shikai was ideally suited to defeat D-Roy, and his arrogance only helped with that. Had he known that the circle could freeze his ass in the air as well, and gotten out of it in time, im sure he would've defeated rukia (though admittedly not without a decent fight).

As for the guy still being alive, i really hope thats not the case. It would totally ruin rukia's moment of awsomeness. She displays this sexy shikai and totally owns the enemey, and all of a sudden, BAM. Hes back up wanting more.

Also, now that this guy is defeated, ichigo is free to go help the others, namely that guy obbessed with his looks. Rukia could take care of the allankar because her shikai was really useful in the situation, but we've seen the other guys shikai, and its just a multiblade sickle. Though if think he as some other power that he used against tousen's vice-captain. If i recall, they changed the scene just as he used it on the vice-captain.

if anyone still has that episode, post the screencaps of what he says plz.

Bleach Chapter 201

yamachika's (i think?) shikai eats up his opponents spirit power and makes him kinda high and happy afterwards.

Bleach Chapter 201

I have a feeling that Ichigo will not be helping anyone. He is going to get his ass totally raped by Grimjow, be saved by either Urahara, Yoruichi, or Isshin, and start slumping back into his depression that will allow his hollow side to come back out.

Bleach Chapter 201

Originally posted by: Honoko
    yamachika's (i think?) shikai eats up his opponents spirit power and makes him kinda high and happy afterwards.
    Yumichika, and I don't think that "high and happy" thing is related to the fact that he can steal enemy spirit power, but rather just plain happiness for the win he had back then [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif[/img]

Bleach Chapter 201

Originally posted by: Yukimura
    Rukia's Shikai just plain owns, I put it in a class with the other "your pretty well screwed if it happens to you" powers.
    For some reason that made me laugh. =P
    I agree with how many of you said that Deiroy's arrogance pretty much got him killed. Plus I believe he was one of the weaker of the group. He had a high number (hopefully higher the number = weaker the dude or maybe it just means the order they were created -_- which in case he could be new =P).

Edit: This leads me to believe that if Rukia could do Bankai it's going to be one of three things.

1. A HUGE arse circle instead of a small one.
    2. MANY circles around a ridicuously large radius.
    3. A creatrue/entity of ice who creates circles =p.

No F this, TRIANGLES! and he/she/it slows them down too!

Bleach Chapter 201

Originally posted by: Terracosmo
    Originally posted by: Honoko
    Yumichika, and I don't think that "high and happy" thing is related to the fact that he can steal enemy spirit power, but rather just plain happiness for the win he had back then [img][/img]
    the only reason i thought that way was because pretty boy wouldn't really explain to zaraki why he was so happy and i do believe zaraki comments on how he looks even better than usual. and honestly, it would make perfect sense with that guy's personality to have a zanpakuto that actually improves his image.

Missing Nin

Bleach Chapter 201

Ok guys even IF that was a low powered Allankaar the fact remains that it is still more powerful then a Menos Grande as those are the foot soldiers of the army. Given this fact do you really think Rukia would have crapped herself as well as it beinga HUGE deal in soul society that Ichigo gave a sword wound to one if Rukia who is not even a vice captain heck last I knew she didn't even have a seat designation among her squad and they have yet to give her one except she can't be any higher then 5th in the first place.

This chapter was a complete plot hole there is no reason that a Menos Grande which wouldn't be smart enough or quick enough to dodge that exact attack she used on D-roy which leads me to believe there is no reason Rukia couldn't have single handedly taken out a Menos if she was this powerful at the start of the show. She certainly could have trained but we haven't had a large time gap at all and if the only reason soul society is so weak is nobody seems to have ever trained on there own I also find that a moronic premise. Rukia is not as strong as a elite sweeper team trained specifically to take down a Menos Grand, she isn't a Captain or vice captain in her squad. Heck her squad has no vice captain and 3rd and 4th seat are spoken for. So if you really think that her ability being that strong without explination is exceptable I would love to hear why. Side note if D-roy instead of dying was randomly saved by Grimjaw then this will be made a acceptable chapter.

Bleach Chapter 201

I really don't think he's dead.

Bleach Chapter 201

DDBen, you can't call something a plot hole when the manga hasn't even had a chance to emplain how she was able to pull that off...

After they make an attempt to explain what happened, then you'll have the right to call something a plot hole because as it currently stands there is a perfectly good explanation for what just happened, you just don't know it yet... Why? Because this is the most recent chapter...

Bleach Chapter 201

I think that the chances that Rukia is the 13th squad's vice is high. First of all, she was unseated when she entered the Gotei 13 at the time of her adoption by the Kuchiki clan. This was back when Renji, Kira, Hinamori & co. were also still in the Shinigami Academy. Those three are now vice captains, so I don't see any reason why Rukia wouldn't also be able to attain vice captainship since her spirit power was shown to be equal or greater than Renji's back when they were in Rukongai. Also, in the Kaien flashback, Rukia goes along with Ukitake & Kaien to find the hollow that offed Kaien's wife, who was the 3rd seat. It seems reasonable to me that the captain would bring along someone who had a capable amount of power (4th-7th seat, or something?) -- other than having Rukia along simply for the plot to work in the story.

That would leave the question of how Rukia was hurt by the hollow in episode one or why she was even patrolling in the human world if she was at a high level of power. While I find the latter a bit unexplainable other than the need for the events in episode one to occur to get the story rolling, I think her getting hurt can be because of getting distracted by Ichigo's enormous spirit pressure as well as the need to protect him.

Furthermore, Rukia is sent to the human world with this group consisting of relatively powerful officers. Renji gives positive comments on Rukia's abilities which indicates a decent level of respect.

About the allankars - Although Hitsugaya does say that an allankar would give a captain trouble, I think this only refers to the strongest level of allankars. When Ulquoirra and Yami come down during the first mission to kill Ichigo, it's shown that Ulpuoirra is considerably stronger than Yami. I think the relationship between Grimjow and these other allankar are similar -- Deiroy would be at about the same level as Yami.

Bleach Chapter 201

Originally posted by: Kensee
    Originally posted by: Yukimura
    For some reason that made me laugh. =P
    I agree with how many of you said that Deiroy's arrogance pretty much got him killed. Plus I believe he was one of the weaker of the group. He had a high number (hopefully higher the number = weaker the dude or maybe it just means the order they were created -_- which in case he could be new =P).

Edit: This leads me to believe that if Rukia could do Bankai it's going to be one of three things.

1. A HUGE arse circle instead of a small one.
    2. MANY circles around a ridicuously large radius.
    3. A creatrue/entity of ice who creates circles =p.

No F this, TRIANGLES! and he/she/it slows them down too!

Or it could be a sphere. that would make more sense. a giant sphere that freezes everyhting within it.

@DDBen: At the start of the show, rukia had no powers. When she made Ichigo into a shinigami, her powers were completely depleted, which is why her sword disappeared. she even says somethign along the lines of 'i must have given him more then i wanted to' when she see's ichigo's sword. Normally, her powers would have returned after some time, but due to urahara's special element, she as slowly becoming human. Thats why she couldn't do anyhting about the menos bac then. And everyone made a huge deal out of the fact that ichigo could hurt the menos only because it required atleast a vice-captain level to do such a thing.

Bleach Chapter 201

I wanna point something about how hitsugaya mentioned those three ranks in Aizen's army. He said they were the three types of menos, not Allankar. Hmm, does that mean that there is a certain kind of Allankaar made from each kind of menos. Makes you wonder what a Gilian Allankaar looks.

Missing Nin

Bleach Chapter 201

Rukia in the first episode was at her full power up until she gave her powers to Ichigo. As we have seen in many of the captain and vice captain battles and to a lesser extent with those in the 11th the wounds she recieved should not have been able to hurt her to the extent of being unable to fight at all IF she was always this powerful.

I maintain the fact her sudden jump in power from a nothing to fighting above Renji and any other vice captain we have seen previously it abued. Reguardless of anything her powers were not depleted or drained at all until Ichigo took them and then her Giga kept them from replenishing. So unless we get some serious training flashbacks this is a plot hole. There is also a bit of a explination in the next chapter I won't go into but that does not change the fact what they have done in this chapter doesn't fit with ANYTHING else.

Bleach Chapter 201

Originally posted by: DDBen
    Rukia in the first episode was at her full power up until she gave her powers to Ichigo. As we have seen in many of the captain and vice captain battles and to a lesser extent with those in the 11th the wounds she recieved should not have been able to hurt her to the extent of being unable to fight at all IF she was always this powerful.
    OK, but you have to remember, in most cases (current case excluded because of the obvious) Captains
    and Vice-Captains and other powerful Shigami have thier power reduced when they go to earth. Just
    because she was that weak on Earth doesn't mean she wasnt powerful in her own right in Soul Socity.

For all you awesome people, it's just Phoenix. The numbers are just the amount of times people misspell it.