Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Guy beats Mario 64 in 20 min.

Guy beats Mario 64 in 20 min.

glitch exploits......
    there's NO other way he couldve reached the final battle with less than (what was it, 70 stars? 100?)

yeah, he did mess up about 3 times, once almost at the end......that wouldve sucked....
    but i'd believe it wasnt rigged. It only took 20 min to beat after all, how many tries do you think he took until he had a successful recording?
    10/4/04 - 8/20/07

Originally posted by: AssertnFailure
    glitch exploits......
    there's NO other way he couldve reached the final battle with less than (what was it, 70 stars? 100?)

yeah, he did mess up about 3 times, once almost at the end......that wouldve sucked....
    but i'd believe it wasnt rigged. It only took 20 min to beat after all, how many tries do you think he took until he had a successful recording?
    I'd say about 100. The only reason I say this is because his timing was too direct. That kind of timing
    cannot be acheived without extreme knowlege of the game and constent practice in certain area's
    (Video glitches, 10sec. Stars, Etc.).

For all you awesome people, it's just Phoenix. The numbers are just the amount of times people misspell it.

Dezalanel

That was AWESOME! I was an avid player of that game when it came out back in 96. That was one of the most impressive things I have ever seen.

After watching this again .. what was he doing with the bunny?

Also, there had to have been glitches. If you watch it carefully, you'll notice he enters a room that clearly requires 20 Stars, with only 15 or 16 ..

Am I missing something, considering I never played the game too in-depthly?

All in all, this is still an amazing video and find.

a fountain pourin' like an avalanche, comin' down the mountain

Somehow bringing the Bunny so close to that door (that's why he kept messing around with it in the doorways) can bump Mario into that room. The bunny doesn't disappear and when he somehow managed to grab the bunny through the door to bring him to the Bowser Basement Door it looks like it pushed him into the room. I can't remember ever reading about this, but once he got the key from the Fire Sea it didn't matter that he didn't have enough stars, he could go to the 2nd Floor and do that crazy Backwards Long Jump trick (that freaked me out, when he got into the Clock Room without getting those stars!)

Going down the slide was awesome, as was the jumping through the floor to skip running up the stairs to the 2nd Floor. Must have taken him tons of time to master...

Humans are different from animals. We must die for a reason. Now is the time for us to regulate ourselves and reclaim our dignity. The one who holds endless potential and displays his strength and kindness to the world. Only mankind has God, a power that allows us to go above and beyond what we are now, a God that we call "possibility".

its cause he planned out everything before so he knows how to get to where just like that

It made me want to dust off the Nintendo 64 and play this game.

Not like I could seriously dream to do such a thing, like in that video, but it sure did inspire me enough to dare to try ..

Originally posted by: Strider
    Like, when he was running up the long stair case. Why did he run along the wall? Did that increase speed? And, why did he go the route of sliding backwards, up the other staircase as opposed to running like he previous did?
    That's one of the glitch exploits. When he did that "backward slide" he moved at a ridiculous speed.

almost every game has short cuts. just to see if you know -_-

A few people mentioned that SMB 3 video where he completes it in about 11 minutes. That was done using an emulator and playing the game frame by frame so that it was perfectly done with exact precision and not a second wasted. The guy even made an official statement saying "I was never claiming this was legit, it was only ever done for fun, I'm sorry if I upset anyone or destroyed their dreams".

I'd say it's more than likely the case here, too. Sorry to burst your bubble guys.
    I think I know precisely what I mean
    when I say it's a schpadoinkle day

omg... that game took me so long to beat when i was little... now i wanna play it again n see if i can beat in less then 35 mins lol

If I could change my name
    to Saberfire... I would

One word!

WOW

(I can't post my two word answer because of forum rules....which for some odd reason I spent time reading)
    image fail!