Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: The BEST Gundam Series

The BEST Gundam Series

I am not going to even bother arguing for Zeta which is the best by far out of all of the series as the SEED fanboys would easily overpower me.

EDIT: Oh, and all SEED is IMO is a slight step from Wing, it really did nothing new. Oh, and there have been pretty much no good Gundam games so a poll on the best would probably just be which one people had played.

The BEST Gundam Series

Originally posted by: masamuneehs

Heavyarms = God in that game.

I think that Wing (not wing zero) is the ultimate gundam in that game.. It's crazy good..

I was wondering, Gundam Zeta is it a series or is it something i should watch before seeing Zeta, some movie or anything that has a vital connection to the series???

a fountain pourin' like an avalanche, comin' down the mountain

The BEST Gundam Series

isso, the UC storyline incorporates several different Gundam series.

Start with Mobile Suit Gundam (the original Gundam series) in the year 0079
    Then there's Gundam 0080, War in the Pocket. This is a short, only 6 episodes or so, and its actually one of my favorites, but its not that important for the UC storyline IMO.
    Next is Gundam 0083. I didn't think this series was all that great, but it does an excellent job setting the scene for
    Zeta Gundam. This is the motherloving kickass of all UC series. This series kicks tremendous amounts of ass.
    Later they developed a movie that formally concludes the UC timeline called Char's Counterattack.

Technically the last UC Gundam series is F91, but I really don't count it... Couldn't stand the main character and never even finished it.

Also there is another short Gundam series set during the One Year War around the time of the first Gundam series. It's called 8th MS Team and is hella cool.

Humans are different from animals. We must die for a reason. Now is the time for us to regulate ourselves and reclaim our dignity. The one who holds endless potential and displays his strength and kindness to the world. Only mankind has God, a power that allows us to go above and beyond what we are now, a God that we call "possibility".

The BEST Gundam Series

The only thing you HAVE to watch before Zeta is the original MSG, or atleast the 3 movie version.

As for the UC timeline masamuneehs said I have to correct some things:

Mobile Suit Gundam - good but slow at times
    MSG: The 08th Mobile Suit Team - side story, good
    MSG 0080: War in the Pocket - side story, more of a drama but still good
    MSG 0083: Stardust Memory - semi-side story, decent
    Mobile Suit Zeta Gundam - dark and fantastic
    Mobile Suit Gundam ZZ - first part hard to watch(unless you like stupid stupid humor), but once tomino takes over it becomes very entertaining
    Mobile Suit Gundam: Char's Counterattack - concludes the original MSG saga, very good
    Mobile Suit Gundam F91 - Originally planned as a series but was then turned into a movie(not that good)
    Mobile Suit Victory Gundam - THIS is the last UC series, just as dark as Z, and is my 2nd favourite UC series

EDIT: Voted for Zeta(of course) but SEED is definately a close 2nd.

The BEST Gundam Series

Ok, but it's so hard to find these series, i dont know anywhere i can find them at al..

hmmm.. Thanks both of you for the information.. Now I just have to find them and get my hands on these gundamliousness... LOL

P.s Really lookin forward to this Zeta thingy, I watched Wing and I didn't like it at al (exept milliardo peacecraft aka Lt Zechs), so I haven't been interested in other gundam series, it kinda made me think they were the same as wing or something..

The BEST Gundam Series

You should be able to find several of them at boxtorrents.com though last I checked the only Zeta Gundam they had was a 14 GB dual audio so it is a long wait to DL.

The BEST Gundam Series

thats true, have to go there and look for it...

Ahhh found 3 versions, each being really big, but I'll have to dowload now.. =)

The BEST Gundam Series

Originally posted by: Mite Gai
    You should be able to find several of them at boxtorrents.com though last I checked the only Zeta Gundam they had was a 14 GB dual audio so it is a long wait to DL.
    The White_Base Dual Audio release was recently uploaded on Box. It is probably about the same thing, but it is only 10GB. (Only 10GB :roll[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Oh, and if the 08th MS Team Dual Audio needs seeds PM me. I uploaded it and still have the files ready to start seeding again if necessary.

The BEST Gundam Series

i like SEED the best so my vote goes to SEED =D.

The BEST Gundam Series

for me its V Gundam. i like the way how it was done, and the main char was good, but not super overpowered like Kira.

The BEST Gundam Series

As will be expected of me... Seed. I like everything about it.

The BEST Gundam Series

Heh, I didn't like the G Gundam series. Yes, I understand it tried to take a different approach to Gundam, but different doesn't always equal better...

First of all, I didn't like most of the designs. Holland Gundam anyone?

Secondly, I didn't care for the DBZ type fighting in it. Super Sayian Gundams? No thank you.

Third, Shining finger? Burning Finger? You might want to see a doctor about that...

Fourth-ly? - Yes, we are going to hold a tournament of fighters to decide who is the ruler of all things and crown the "Gundam of Gundams" And after that, we can play a card game where we our souls on the line! MUAHAHAHAHAHA

Fifth- Devil Gundam. You want to talk about God Moding? Regenerating Gundams?

So, yeah... G Gundam was just too... goofy for me.

As for my favorite? Heh, it's really had to pick a certain series. I didn't care for the original Mobile Suit Gundam until I watched a ton more UC stuff. Still have yet to see Z and ZZ. I loved 8th MS Team, that's probably my favorite UC story besides Char's Counter Attack. Gouf Custom ownz your soul. Gundam Wing, although with it's flaws still holds a place in my heart seeing how it's the very first Gundam series I watched. I also consider SEED and Destiny one series, just different seasons. That's a trend in anime lately, having the second season have another title.

So I guess my list goes:

Char's Counter Attack/Mobile Suit Gundam Movie (it's a box set, three movies in all, it's the entire story of MS Gundam. I highly reconmend it)
    8th MS Team
    Gundam SEED/Destiny
    Gundam Wing

I still want to see Z and ZZ. I have seen 0080 and 0083, and while they were good, nothing memorable like the other series.