Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: The BEST Gundam Series

The BEST Gundam Series

Originally posted by: Phoenix20578
    OK, Wing did suck (mostly because of Relena), and the only reason I like it is because of Wing Zero
    Custum. There, I said it.
    So you think Wing sucked yet it's the best Gundam series? :S

Well anyway I agree... 95% of the suckage is Relena, the other 5% is that there was no char development what-so-ever unless you read the separate manga, and if you do that it becomes a whole lot better. Still, that's no excuse to not have it in the actual anime...

The BEST Gundam Series

Originally posted by: Phoenix20578
    Screw you Terra. I dont care what anyone says, Wing had the best gundam designs. G Gundam had
    the best fights, and UC had the best story.

don't worry pheonix, I like Wing as well. As do many other people that I know, it is a popular anime, just not AMAZING or what not. I wouldn't rate it as the best as my friend would, but it definitely has its moments

The BEST Gundam Series

i voted they are all great, but i would personally like to leave out G gundam , all except g gundam imo. if u want to yell at me, go ahead, we had this argument alrdy and i dont want this to become some mindless debate.

The BEST Gundam Series

Personally I think people bag on wing too much. It is what it is.

EDIT: I went ahead and chose "All are great". I haven't seen them all, but you know what, they are all great in their own way with their own fan base.

The BEST Gundam Series

yea wing was a pretty good anime the only thing it lacked was emotion, zechs was the only one who in my opinion had great character development, maybe quatre but he's a pussy but wing is still pretty good, it was the second gundam series that i ever watched(seed being the first)

Ovan, The Rebirth

The BEST Gundam Series

Preach on, Zechs was the best character in that series now that I think about it. He was more likeable than any of the main gundam characters (who were more like programmed machines).

The BEST Gundam Series

Zechs is the coolest charachter in Wing, noble yet deadly! =)

i didn't enjoy the show.. except Milliardo Peacecraft (Lt Zechs)...

Relena should be raped by a dog, wtf was she doing?

The BEST Gundam Series

Ya, Relena was an annoying character, like Diana from Turn A and Lacus from SEED/Destiny

Altough, I could put up with Lacus more than the other ones just cause of her philosophical stance. Turn A, in my opinion was the worst Gundam series I've seen...

The BEST Gundam Series

MSG
    Zeta
    Gundam 0080
    Char's Counterattack
    Gundam 0083

The BEST Gundam Series

Seed Destiny...this series introduced shinn , which have been my favourite character. awesome mobile suits like destiny. and girls like lunamaria <_<

<3 Tessa-chan! <3 Lucifus! ....chotto mate.

The BEST Gundam Series

My fave would be Seed. Followed by G and 08th MS Team.
    "Our hearts are full of memories but not all of them reflect the truth. The heart isn't a recording device. Even important memories change with time. They warp or fade, leaving us with but a shadow of what we hoped to remember." 天の道を行き、全てを司る。これは僕の世界。

The BEST Gundam Series

Shinn is truly one of a kind.. He's more natural then Kira, Athrun is like a mixture of kira and shinn and I like him aswell.. But Kira, no thats a fairytale guy.. No one can be as him.. Must be that he's the ultimate coordinator or something.. Thats why I hate him so..

And Heine.. he's to cool.. miss him..

a fountain pourin' like an avalanche, comin' down the mountain

The BEST Gundam Series

Terra, I actualy disagree on Wing Zero EW version being better than the original. I feel wings on mecha are really tacky and ugly...

Isso, I actually agree with you for a change. Relena should be raped by a dog. Dumb bitch...

Curium, People do rag on Wing alot.

Yes, Wing does have some glaring flaws. The largest is obvious: the female lead is one of the most annoying wenches in anime history (and she even got so much power!) The second, as has been mentioned, is the lack of development for some characters. (I felt that Quatre, Zechs, Dorothy, Treize and Noin all developed while most of the others stayed about the same) There's no excuse for not putting the backgrounds from Episode Zero manga into the show, would have made created a better feel for the characters.

Wing did one thing well, it took time to go into the politics behind war in a way few Gundam series have. The duels between Gundams were pretty cool and I thought the Gundam designs were pretty cool (except for Heavyarms, come on people!) but the battles between major military forces were so one-sided it was like watching Kira vs. an army of Blind One-arm Zakus... The concept of the mobile dolls and the loss of warrior pride in modern war was an excellent theme too

Humans are different from animals. We must die for a reason. Now is the time for us to regulate ourselves and reclaim our dignity. The one who holds endless potential and displays his strength and kindness to the world. Only mankind has God, a power that allows us to go above and beyond what we are now, a God that we call "possibility".

The BEST Gundam Series

I voted for seed.

Awesome user with default custom title RedX1z's Avatar

The BEST Gundam Series

i also agree that relena has been annoying as well. always like "heero, i found you!", like damn woman leave him alone, he don't want anything to do with you. anyways, my vote goes for seed.
    Signature by Lucifus

She knows what you did last summer..

------------私はコピーX 及びSimca が空を征服することを信じる------------

The BEST Gundam Series

Wing is good if you're drunk.

Awesome user with default custom title RedX1z's Avatar

The BEST Gundam Series

Originally posted by: PSJ
    Wing is good if you're drunk.
    what you be drinking?
    Signature by Lucifus

She knows what you did last summer..

------------私はコピーX 及びSimca が空を征服することを信じる------------

The BEST Gundam Series

aaahhh drunkness..

No back to the subject, lol, nice that you (masamuneehs) agreed, when I said raped by a dog I didn't mean it littary, just that she's so annoying.. Theres actually one thing thats good about Wing, and it's not the show, it's the game, Gundam Wing Endless Duel.. It's a cool game, if you haven't played it I suggest you do so! =)

The BEST Gundam Series

Ah, I would agree, the game is pretty good for a gundam game. The series overall could have been done much better, but I would prefer watching that to the last several episodes of Destiny after 34. There's no doubt that SEED is the best so far. In addition, I wonder what it would take to dethrone SEED as the best....hmmmm

a fountain pourin' like an avalanche, comin' down the mountain

The BEST Gundam Series

Originally posted by: isso
    one thing thats good about Wing, and it's not the show, it's the game, Gundam Wing Endless Duel.. It's a cool game, if you haven't played it I suggest you do so! =)
    Heavyarms = God in that game. Can keep an enemy away like its no-business and his Fierce Melee hit, smashing the enemy with the actual gatling gun arm does tons of damage and isn't that slow. His throws are also surprisngly fast for a "slow long-range" Gundam...

I'm glad someone brought this up, even though it has nothing to do with what the best Gundam series ever is...

Wonder what people would say in a "Best Ever Gundam Video Game" thread?
    And would that go in the GSD part of the forum, or the gaming part of the forum?

Humans are different from animals. We must die for a reason. Now is the time for us to regulate ourselves and reclaim our dignity. The one who holds endless potential and displays his strength and kindness to the world. Only mankind has God, a power that allows us to go above and beyond what we are now, a God that we call "possibility".