Thread: mobile suit and mobile armor

mobile suit and mobile armor

Hi i just started to see gundam seed destiny and i want to know
    what if it is a diffrent to mobile suit and mobile armor and what tha diffrent is

i hope you to answer

Generally speaking Mobile Suits are giant robots that are humanoid in shape, and Mobile Armors are more like really small and extremely heavily armed warships.

well, lets simply put it this way:

Mobile Suits=Humadoid Shape
    Mobile Armors=Fighters made for space

Originally posted by: Illrenmazou
    Mobile Armors=Fighters made for space
    It isn't that simple. In UC, X, and SEED there are Earth use Mobile Armors. Also some of the stuff in G can probably be considered Mobile Armors even though they are all called Gundams.

X had the G-Falcon, SEED had the Skygaspers, and UC had the G-Fighter. Only the Skygraspers couldnt be used in space, the other two switched as they pleased.

For all you awesome people, it's just Phoenix. The numbers are just the amount of times people misspell it.

ALL the mobile armors in GSD sucked. I was expecting more aout of the Big Zam, Psycho Gundam fusion that was Destroy.

The difference is that the Mobile Suits were,

a) Harder to control, since ZAFT developed the technology only Coordinators could pilot them with any sort of efficiency, though later the EAF (Kira wrote one for Orb) created a 'Natural Friendly' version of the OS.

b) FAR more manouverable and can carry heavier armaments and armour, this is why one Mobile Suit is rougly equivelant to 10 Mobile Armours (which is why the Lucrasia Class Ship only carries 5-7 Ginns, where each EAF battle ship carried in excess of 40-50 Mobile armours.)

Note, though, that the Mobile Armous I am talking about are those stupid little Mobius things that can't do much - there are also Mobile Armours that utilise Mobile Suit technology, like the big crab thing that attacks shin and the centaur thing that guards the positron cannon in the desert. Some Mobile Suits even transform into 'Mobile Armour mode' where they no longer resemble humanoid forms (losing manouverability) but gaining other nice features.

In the end, it raelly boils down to their shape, humanoid shapes are 'suits' because we wear suits, all other types are 'armours' because while a suit is shaped to fit, armour can take any shape or form.

okey thanks for the help

Originally posted by: Kovash
    The difference is that the Mobile Suits were,

a) Harder to control, since ZAFT developed the technology only Coordinators could pilot them with any sort of efficiency, though later the EAF (Kira wrote one for Orb) created a 'Natural Friendly' version of the OS.
    That only applies to the CE timeline. Not to any of the other Gundam time lines.

b) FAR more manouverable and can carry heavier armaments and armour, this is why one Mobile Suit is rougly equivelant to 10 Mobile Armours (which is why the Lucrasia Class Ship only carries 5-7 Ginns, where each EAF battle ship carried in excess of 40-50 Mobile armours.)
    That depends on the design of the Mobile Armor. Obviously the Mobius MAs had very little, but built properly MAs can have a LOT more then and MS. Keep in mind that a MS is limited by it's shape, a MA can be in any shape/size etc. to accomodate any type of weapon in any number of them (though the ability to use them all depends on the pilot and/or computer's ability) and way more thrusters in any direction on the 3D form.

Originally posted by: Curium
    That only applies to the CE timeline. Not to any of the other Gundam time lines.
    He was asking about SEED and Destiny, so I answered in that context.

Originally posted by: Curium
    That depends on the design of the Mobile Armor. Obviously the Mobius MAs had very little, but built properly MAs can have a LOT more then and MS. Keep in mind that a MS is limited by it's shape, a MA can be in any shape/size etc. to accomodate any type of weapon in any number of them (though the ability to use them all depends on the pilot and/or computer's ability) and way more thrusters in any direction on the 3D form.
    I said that the 'Mobile Armours' I was talking about were the EAF millitary Tanks, Planes and those Mobius things that do crap all - I also said that there are armours built on Suit technology and were much better than any other mobile Armours, but they still suffer form the manouvrebility problems because of their bulk and weight.