Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: The Final Seed Evaluation

The Final Seed Evaluation

The OVA better be good.

a fountain pourin' like an avalanche, comin' down the mountain

I can't do justice right now to speaking my full thoughts on the entirety of Seed and Seed Destiny. There's alot to weigh and I'm reserving this spot so that I can collect all my thoughts and really get them down here, rather than just be another one-line piece of nadda.

Humans are different from animals. We must die for a reason. Now is the time for us to regulate ourselves and reclaim our dignity. The one who holds endless potential and displays his strength and kindness to the world. Only mankind has God, a power that allows us to go above and beyond what we are now, a God that we call "possibility".

just finished watchin the final epi.i thought more main characters would die but-_- i think seed is much better than seed-d.im very disappointed about the ending,to be frankly...

I am lazy, very lazy so i will just quote Chris review from MAHQ, because i sign under it as well:

Without a doubt, this is perhaps the most disappointing ending I've ever seen to an anime series. And given the way this just ends, I wonder if the term "ending" is even fitting. Let's start with the most obvious here. Much of this episode is an exact repeat of SEED's ending- Kira and Athrun smash stuff with their METEORs, Kira fights Rau/Rey, and ZAFT superweapons (Requiem and NEO-GENESIS) are destroyed. Shinn, who was reduced to nothing more than a barking dog, was beaten quickly by Athrun. Other characters behave in strange ways. Talia, always the professional captain, displays some strange emotions. What's the point of dying with Dullindal, especially when she has a young son? It seems quite selfish of her to abandon her son like that. Also, why did Rey suddenly decide to shoot Dullindal? He always put in an effort to make sure Shinn didn't listen to Athrun's nonsense, but then he himself fell victim to Kira's own Gundam protagonist babbling. When I watched the first episode, I had the idea that Shinn was supposed to be the hero of this series. And he was- at least until Kira came back into the spotlight and stole the series from him. The series was fast-paced and action-packed at first, but that momentum was quickly lost and the story degenerated into what we have now. Shinn, as a protagonist, went nowhere. He started off as an angry guy traumatized by the death of his family. After episode 35, he pretty much became Dullindal's dog to help fulfill his plans without thinking for himself. Because of this, Shinn alternately fills the role of hero/villain as the story requires, depending on Kira's presence. In episode 38, Shinn was the good guy during the battle at Heaven's Base. At the Orb battle soon after that, he comes across as a villain when he's fighting against Kira and Athrun. During the battle to stop Requiem in 45, Shinn is once again the good guy. In this episode, he's the bad guy again, and on top of that, he loses all his piloting skills. He's so blinded by meaningless hatred that he even nearly attacks Lunamaria just because he hates Athrun. It's all a shame, because at the beginning, Shinn and Athrun had a pretty good relationship with a mentor-apprentice vibe. That, of course, is long since past. Many people call DESTINY the Zeta Gundam of the CE universe, and they do indeed have some similarities. However, DESTINY didn't emulate one of the most important aspects of Zeta- character balance. In Zeta, Amuro and Char played important roles, but there was never any doubt that Kamille was the star. Here, Shinn is constantly competing for screentime with Athrun and Kira. What's worse is that all the time spent on Athrun and Kira is a waste. For all of Athrun's moping and confusion, he ends up being exactly the same as he was at the end of SEED. Kira doesn't even change at all during the series, because he has no struggle. I don't think things were supposed to develop this way, but it looks like Fukuda and Morosawa decided to change gears in the middle of the story. Even with the focus on the old SEED cast, guys like Yzak and Dearka are just cast to the side. And Neo/Mu just gets a one second flashback of Djibril standing over him to explain what happened. Fukuda has been nicknamed "Flashback 'Em All" due to his penchant for clip shows and flashbacks. Just as in SEED, the constant clip shows in DESTINY always came at the wrong time and killed the pacing of the story. This resulted in an extremely rushed and subpar final battle and ending. It really is a shame, because the CE universe has lots of potential that is wasted due to Fukuda and Morosawa's mismanagement. This is a perfect example of how not to do a Gundam series, and I sincerely hope that neither of them ever works in another Gundam production. I doubt we'd be so lucky, but one can hope.

Overall Rating: 2 out of 5 stars

------------------------------------------
    SEED was nice, it started a bit with deja-vu rehashing original Gundam, but then it went completely different.
    It took old parts and used them to bild something new. It succeeded in that.
    Destiny was supposed to take from Zeta but it did'nt. Midway it crashed and drowned.

Missing Nin

I'll get to a review of seed later after rewatching it edit this post and put it here.

As a side note I loved seed but hated Destiny from the start as it was a bad carbon copy of Seed from the start. The only real differnce is they stretched out seed taking only the part from where the druggies come in until the end then stretching it out to cover 50 episodes. However even though they are using so little plot they somehow manage to find no time to develope anyone and instead concentraight on reminding you how they developed in seed.

I've been looking forward to Chris' last reviews over at mahq, that guy is always so damn correct. I loved his last ones too, and every single word corresponded with my thoughts.

OK, after watching episode 50 of GSD i thought i'd evaluate SEED and Destiny.

First half of SEED was a bit slow and was actually better the second time i watched it, You knew nothing about Kira's and Athrun's relationship in the first episode for example, when watching it the second time that ep grew alot. But this half was still a very good set up for the second half of SEED.
    Rating:4/5

Second half of SEED was intense and started of nicely with the death of Nichol which was the best death in SEED in my opinion, quickly followed by the fight between Athrun and Kira. The end of SEED was also one of the most intense things i have ever seen, the didn't go a day from say ep 38-50 that i didn't think about SEED.
    Rating:5/5

First half of Destiny started out rather good with focus on Shinn and Athrun some new interesting characters were introduced and the story flowed nicely. It was enough action and development to make it interesting.
    Rating:4/5

Second half of Destiny is where something went really wrong. All the great characters and all the set up done in the first half just went out the window in favor of Kira taking the main spotlight and the insane introduction of new suits every other episode. This really destroyed Destiny, nothing were done with Djibril which could have become a great villian. Neo was a great character but when he turned out to be Mwu something happened to him, he wasn't as interesting anymore. The killing of the druggies was bad to, the had finally gotten some development only to be killed off. In this half it seemed that everybody could survive staying in the cockpit of an exploding ms. Still it was enjoyable right up to the point where Meer got her own episode.
    Rating: 2/5

Higlights of SEED: Well everything, nothing is really bad in this show.

Highlights of Destiny: Rey as a character, still hate him for killing Djibril. Neo, Heine, Djibril and Auel. The possibilites with these characters were endless yet it turned out shit in the end.

I think that the first half of GSD destiny wurpassed Seed.. It was much better.. 5/5.. And i agree about the second half.. and the last 10 episodes can only get a rating of 1/5... Hell i've been mortifeid every sunday.. wtf happened?

Nah the first half of GSD didn't surpass SEED. The intense feeling the last half of SEED has is impossible to surpass.

fuk, watch , in a probable series three, rey'll still be alive wit a mask teaming up wit talia's vengeful son lol...

Any word on the nature of the feedback Fukuda is getting on GSD? (like letter bombs or death threats?) I'm mainly interested in knowing what the Japanese fans are thinking.......
    "You'll soon see what Gotham City is like without fear, and it won't be pretty. Fear is the glue that holds society together, it's what makes people suppress their worst impulses. Fear. Is power." - The Scarecrow

Originally posted by: PSJ
    Nah the first half of GSD didn't surpass SEED. The intense feeling the last half of SEED has is impossible to surpass.
    I don't agree, but you are entitled to your opion as I am to my..

I agree that the second half of seed was indeed great and intense, perfectly combined with music that enhanced the feeling.. But the first half of seed was like a prolouge (not speaking litteraly) and really slow, the firsta half of GSD was great with a lot of action, al the drugies, Heine, Neo.. You see what im pointing at..

And I think that Seed is a better show, overall, but Destiny was so great during the first half that i saw potenial to surpass Seed as an overall sereis, but hell Fuckuda did not see that potenial and his recaps and aaahh... You know the rest..

Yea the first half of Destiny was good but it still didn't have what SEED had. SEED had everything in the right amount. Destiny reused the same action sequences every battle and the show didn't really focus on anything, the firts half of SEED focused mainly on the characters and the second half focused on the war. It felt like the first half of Destiny didn't really focus on anything specific.

The characters were somewhat shallow in the begining. Athrun was back like he was before, so was Cagalli and the new characters just didn't cut it from the start. You got a Ramius clone named Talia and a Milly clone named Meyrin. The new druggies started off with a bad vibe to. Sting a.ka Orga, they are to similar and Stellar was like a 5 year old, there just wasn't anything interesting. Auel was a highlight though, so was Heine and Neo but i still don't feel that it can compare to SEED as an overall series. In Destiny everything already felt kinda old.

The Gundams were not interesting enough, Impulse was just a slightly improved version of Strike while Chaos was pure shit. Gaia and Abyss were interesting though. Saviour was also bullshit, it didn't do anything and it felt like some Aeris-Justice cross of some sort.

While this part had amazing parts and was very good it can't compare to SEED.

I think that the fact that i saw Destiny 1-35 and then saw the whole seed sereies have had an impact on my opion.. Cuz everything felt so primitive in seed, so that might be the diffrences.. I didnt understand anything in the begining of destiny cuz i hadn't seen seed.. I was going to see seed first but found seed-eatshoes and thjey had destiny so i watched it instead..

I really like this theme.. Gundams, they are great.. al ready lookin forward to next show.. Feel like a kid!

LOL

Well theres definetly no end to this, i mean wth in Seed they ended the show with no explaination of wat is going to happen to Kira and them now Destiny came out Boom we no wat happened now they ended us with another mystery

i have to say it wasnt THAT bad. it just wasnt THAT good either [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img]. there was definitely room for improvement and i hope that they decide to make the 40 min. special ep! they better not cancel it!

erro-sanin

instead of watchin the destiny ending just watch seeds ending and imagine that shinn and company's heads were there instead. the genesis weapons are both destroyed, the leader of Z.AFT is killed by a comarde, kira fights rau la cruze again and still wins..... it was very boring and watchin it just once pissed me enough not to watch the last 10 eps. EVER!!! i would have enjoyed it if kira died or even those stupid doms. the fact that such a huge fleet was beaten by a small group brought back memories of chars counterattack. now everyone is trying to find out whats is going to happen in the comic era well maybe if Lacus just rolled over and died the world would have probable have peace but now its become chaotic again. honestly lacus was a bigger threat than logos. She was building mobile suits even though shes not the queen of any country. they should have double teamed and killed her before she made the war ne more confusing for the soldiers... darreka and whatever that annoying dude from seed should be executed for treason. the gundam team really ran out of ideas for mobile suits in this series. although i liked the zaku series and gouf ingited but the destroy gundam was freaking psycho gundam and big zam combined. destiny gundam had that RETARDED SHINING FINGER move from G Gundam. they could have came up with a sum new ideas

The best scene in all of Seed is when Yzak kills Crot. The way the music goes there, with the female choir and whatnot, is so fucking awesome.
    Gives me shivers every time.

There, end of evaluation. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif[/img]

The best scene is Auel's flashback to his "mother", they didn't even let Auel take down an important character. It fucking sucks.

The best part of GSD was the colony drop, with the cities exploding while Lacus (before i hated her guts), sings "Field's of hope" in the background. Simply beautiful [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Final Seed Evaluation: Good, but the last episode felt kinda rushed. Oh well, at least it was good.

Final Seed Destiny Evaluation:

"You'll soon see what Gotham City is like without fear, and it won't be pretty. Fear is the glue that holds society together, it's what makes people suppress their worst impulses. Fear. Is power." - The Scarecrow