Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Manga: Vagrant Soldier Ares

No you are not. I keep up with Ares as it gets released. I wonder will he fight his way out or will he be saved?

"Life is hilariously cruel" by Bender

I am reading it to, maybe roy and the others will come and save him.
    but no doubt about it he is in a pickle

I just don't envision him fighting his way out of it, but Baroona and Robin should be around right? Still, Michael has a highly skilled army and he is there himself.

Well people, who's up to date? K-Manga just released up to 115.

From my last post till now there has been a couple of boring chapters with Ares being fucked up and all, but the last couple have been great and chapter 115 didn't disappoint. If you're still reading this series, go catch the latest... good stuff.
    Last edited by Munsu; Tue, 05-06-2008 at 08:05 AM.

Chapter 16 is out....

This was another great chapter... the way Ares defeated the red-eyes guy was great, especially when he didn't let him speak; though I would've liked to hear what he had to say. We finally saw Robin with a sword, but he sucked, and Ares jumping through the roof was great. Next fight should be a good one too.

The scene where Ares silenced the dude was a great one. Indeed normally it's a given the winner lets the other to speak his last words but this "You'll have plenty of time to say it while you rot in hell" has to be one of the most badass lines I've seen in anime/manga.

A great chapter for sure. Robin being lousy with a sword is also a fine detail. It makes more sense those exceptional people don't excel in using all weapons, especially if they are as different as a sword and a bow.

The relationships in this saga are somewhat flimsy, so I wonder what will end up happening between Ariadne and Ares. People have generally died like flies in this story, so it's not totally impossible Ariadne would die as well, but somehow I doubt that. Well, I guess we will also need to see what kind of a monster Ares v2 is before thinking of that any further.

Quote Originally Posted by Kraco
    The scene where Ares silenced the dude was a great one. Indeed normally it's a given the winner lets the other to speak his last words but this "You'll have plenty of time to say it while you rot in hell" has to be one of the most badass lines I've seen in anime/manga.

A great chapter for sure. Robin being lousy with a sword is also a fine detail. It makes more sense those exceptional people don't excel in using all weapons, especially if they are as different as a sword and a bow.

The relationships in this saga are somewhat flimsy, so I wonder what will end up happening between Ariadne and Ares. People have generally died like flies in this story, so it's not totally impossible Ariadne would die as well, but somehow I doubt that. Well, I guess we will also need to see what kind of a monster Ares v2 is before thinking of that any further.
    What I like about this series is that it can be as brutal as it comes and as innocent as they come at the same time. The relationship between them is quite innocent and characters like the guy that was taking care of Ariadne surely adds to the innocent vibe shounen series enjoy... yet in the surroundings people are dying in some brutal manners.

It reminds me a bit of Now and There, Here and There in that respect.

Chapter 117 is out, find it in your usual places, wherever that may be.

I have to say, Ares v2 is turning to be quite the monster. Looks like he's going on a killing rampage, taking no prisoners. Michael's and Icarus' armies are about to collide. Do you think that Ares and company will take part in this battle? Will Icarus survive?

I think it would be kinda cool if Chronos lost, and these people later form a small band of warriors that are out for revenge, killing everyone on sight.

Quite a monster indeed. Yet still it's early to say whether he's only a monster when Michael's men are involved or if he became an all-around monster (I hope not so that there would be still be a future for the Ariadne-Ares couple...).

Fortunately I have no idea what's going to happen. Chronos could very well lose, though. I personally feel it's a bit early for Michael to lose yet, and I doubt Ares & co have time to take part in the decisive battle, which is already about to begin. Hard to say about Icarus as well. While he's a prominent long time character he's not exactly at the center. I suppose it would be possilble for him to survive and organize a resistance movement, though. But likewise he might die, which could then grant Ares a bigger role if there was noone to follow but he would need to lead himself.

Maybe I should pick this up, sounds like it's getting good. I think I might've stopped in the 80 or 90's when we first learn that Michael? (the prince?) has to go back to his kingdom or whatever, and Ares sees him off.

Quote Originally Posted by animus
    Maybe I should pick this up, sounds like it's getting good. I think I might've stopped in the 80 or 90's when we first learn that Michael? (the prince?) has to go back to his kingdom or whatever, and Ares sees him off.
    Somewhere in the mid 80's I'd say is where you left off by reading my previous posts in here... can't tell you the specific chapter though.

Well, it's been a while... but for those that were up to date, KMTS finally released a new chapter, 136... and Ares is completely badass in this one.

Chapter 141 is up on Onemanga.
    Dreaming impossible dreams.
    Sapphire is awesome!

And here I thought I was the only one still reading this. This assassination attempt reminds me of the fight between Ares (or was it Baruna?) and that other kid some volumes back that fought with a spear under the Crimson Eyes dude. Since you really didn't want him to die because of that chick that was waiting for him, so we're in a similar situation now with the hostages.

Yeah it was Ares and if I remember correctly Michael executed that kid after Ares left and that doesn't bode well for the old man and his granddaughter. But like they said, someone has to die in a war. I think that scene, with all the girls praying, was freaking awesome. I don't remember having seen anything like that before. Although Ariadne looked really weird.
    Last edited by Abdula; Wed, 05-20-2009 at 10:22 AM.
    Dreaming impossible dreams.
    Sapphire is awesome!

Ah yes, Cygnus... I don't remember the scene exactly, but I remember liking Ares and Cygnus sending letters to their loved ones before they fought each other, so that's another parallel to that praying scene.

I can't see the old man succeeding, so he probably has to die. Michael might spare the kid if the geezer died trying to kill the king, but he will hardly spare her if the geezer just gives up. I suppose it's a double-edged situation: If the geezer dies trying to kill the king and still the kid gets executed, it will send any future assassins a message trying to fulfill a hard mission isn't worth it, yet if he doesn't kill the girl, it might drive some weak assassin to die on purpose. Although I don't really see Michael employing weak assassins.

So, did anyone finish up this series? Just noticed it had been fully scanlated and spent yesterday reading the last two volumes. In all one of my favorite series, though a bit uneven and the final portion was quite rushed, but just glad to see it at least got a proper ending. Going to miss the series.

Yeah, I finished this a while back. It was a pretty good story of friendship, ambition, and cruel political realities all in all. I won't forget the empty, emotionless expressions this manga employed.

I think my favorite part might just be when the war was over that we did a flashback to Michael and how he went about organizing what he needed to do, and how he had to portray himself, and how it involved Ares and Ariadnne. Truely tragic.