Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Manga: Vagrant Soldier Ares

Chapter 70 is out.

As expected after all that buildup, we'd be seeing a great fight, and it delivered. The chapter felt pretty long, and so far it's a great fight. It's going to get really brutal next chapter though.

Awesome chapter, after seeing how long it was I was hoping the fight would be concluded this same chapter, guess I'll have to wait for the next one. Baroona is crazy.

71's out.

Nice to see that Baroona for all his talk about not being used, isn't stupid enough to ignore the rules. Very nice change of pace from most heroes. This series has some that finally have some common sense. Ouranos may be the fair winner and true champion of the arena, but if you're dead, you're still dead.

For the upcoming fight with the spear user, Cygnus, a guy we know is nasty with it, I'm guessing Ares will be fighting rather than Michael. Ares hasn't done any serious fighting in a while. Plus, I'd rather see Ares, the supposed real master of swordfighting, fight a master spear user like Cygnus.

Just read up to chapter 72, great chapter. Cygnus is more boastful than I thought he would be. And as you said, it's Ares who will be fighting him, not Micheal as I thought it would be.

Can't wait for volume 11 to come out, damn KMTS has been slow as of late.

I have started reading this manhwa and i love it.

Its so nice seeing good sword action and good characters. Without any superpowers ala Naruto. The main characters are pretty coldhearted killers, i am so glad we are rid of the lame " Its great to fight for your friends " theme that for example Bleach and Naruto etc have.

It reminds me of Berserk at the first 14-15 vols. Going around in a dark world from battle to battle fighting for your kingdom or for the sake of the battles.

Chapter 73 is out...

I just read it, didn't care much for the chapter, but the last page is awesome... "That's a relief. I don't like you much either".

Agreed. The chapter was pretty uneventful, and the baldie's fight wasn't very exciting because we knew from the beginning he was going to be either dead or crippled. The art looked a little off too, but hopefully the next chapter will be much more entertaining.

I think the problem lied with bad raw scans and bad cleaning by KMTS

Chapter 74 is finally out.

The fight with Ares and Cygnus is starting to heat up. They look to be about equal so far, but it doesn't seem like Ares has really gotten serious. With the last few pages of the chapter though, I'm positive Ares is going to kill Cygnus.

Chapter 75 is also out.

About 74, I thought it was a cool chapter, with Ares and Cygnus sending their letters. Maybe foreshadowing something that may happen to Cygnus way out here?

About 75, didn't care much for this chapter, but that new character Robin seems pretty cool.

Chapter 76 is also out...

What an awesome chapter, it's been a while since I've liked a chapter so much, mainly because of the last couple of pages. Ares goes into serious mode, and he kicks ass.

Finally a new chapter:

Ares_v11_c77[kmts].zip

I just caught up, definitely liked Ares going in badass mode, *slash* kill, repeat. They swept through them pretty fast.

So Cygnus and Ares are going to fight to the death, the winner should be pretty obvious unless they are interrupted, or Ares lets him live.

The Black Squadron leader is the red eyed killer, but did he change out of uniform very fast to stand on the top of the pillar? Other than that, who is his apprentice Kiris?

I don't remember Kirus being mentioned before... When I read it fast I thought he was talking about Cygnus, but I guess I was wrong.

As for the for red eye, he didn't change out of his uniform very fast... he simply removed his helmet from what I can see.

Another chapter is out:

Ares v.12 c.78

79 is now out also, and I have some good news. This series had been discontinued at volume 17 a while ago. Now it seems like another publisher picked it up and is continuing it, volume 18 is already published.

Edit: Just read the chapter, fuck what a great chapter, especially the last couple of pages.
    Last edited by Munsu; Fri, 12-15-2006 at 05:21 AM.

Yeah, Ares definitely has the best sword skills, and yet there's still enough mercy in him to defeat Cygnus completely without killing him. Ares just tore through those other guys trying to get to Red-Eyes, but Cygnus held him off for a while. That's how good the two of them are. That or Ares lost some of his will during the fight. Still, somehow Ares could beat him without killing him. Unfortunately, Michael is not quite so kind.

"Sorrow is the burden of those who are still living."

It's kinda dumb. Michael had no reason to kill him or follow Ares. I find it as a pretty lame plot device to just throw in there.

You must've forgotten that Michael had wanted to kill him since the first time they met... of course he had a reason to follow them.

Quote Originally Posted by Ryllharu
    I just caught up, definitely liked Ares going in badass mode, *slash* kill, repeat. They swept through them pretty fast.

So Cygnus and Ares are going to fight to the death, the winner should be pretty obvious unless they are interrupted, or Ares lets him live.

The Black Squadron leader is the red eyed killer, but did he change out of uniform very fast to stand on the top of the pillar? Other than that, who is his apprentice Kiris?
    Chapter 80 is out and some of these questions are answered... good chapter, and next couple of ones should be awesome.
    Last edited by Munsu; Tue, 04-29-2008 at 05:28 AM.

Chapter 82 is finally out... Not much action, but it seems like Michael needs to take care of some royal business.

Just read up to chapter 88.

Man, Michael is awesome...becoming king, then invading two countries and now he's about to go into war with some powerhouses, probably against Chronos... he's insane.

I guess it was inevitable, Ares vs Michael had to happen sooner or later.

So, I'm the only one still reading this? Well I just read up to chapter 92... great stuff.

Ares is the last remaining mercenary fighting against Michael's army, looks like a showdown is not long away from happening.
    Last edited by Munsu; Tue, 04-29-2008 at 05:25 AM.